Mos Def Vs. Lupe? Let's GOOOO!!!

Options

Comments

• achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options

Yasiin Bey connected with Ferrari Sheppard to share his thoughts on the unauthorized release of a video in which he challenged rappers to a battle.

To clear the air of any speculation and rumors, Bey uses 11 minutes and 27 seconds to address the acceptance of said challenge by Chicago rapper Lupe Fiasco.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    "...Don't need to tap Miller for some genuine drafts..."

Lol...

Could be looked at as double entendre for miller lite draft beers and quentin miller

It was actually a triple entendre

You're an idiot.

There is no such thing as a "triple entendre".

You are referring to anaphora.
  • Purr
    Options

Yasiin Bey connected with Ferrari Sheppard to share his thoughts on the unauthorized release of a video in which he challenged rappers to a battle.

To clear the air of any speculation and rumors, Bey uses 11 minutes and 27 seconds to address the acceptance of said challenge by Chicago rapper Lupe Fiasco.

The backtrack, breh.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Purr wrote: »

The backtrack, breh.

He don't wanna take that L In front of everyone tbh Lupe ain't neva been scared to battle rap anyone
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lupe has a weak voice, meh delivery and overflows the listener with extended metaphors and mr. fantastic word play. None of that is good for a battle. Yasiin's delivery and performance actually enhance his lyrics.

Co-sign. Lupe is an incredible writer and a very intelligent dude. I enjoy his interviews and freestyles, but I struggle getting through his albums, I can't front. Never really understood what all the fuss is about. Mos would wax him if it came down to overall better song.
  • za'kiss
    Options

HaZKbnX.gif

0882520425eca1b586265b1ebece108d.500x281x102.gif

Excuse me while I quote myself (yeah I'ma be that ? ):
    za'kiss wrote: »
    shall never happen.... These ? love each other too much to battle. Mos Def trolling basically. Him King Los, and Black Thought battling in a super dome for a million dollars to charity is comic book superhero ? that will never happen.

Trollin' ass ?
  • za'kiss
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »

The backtrack, breh.

He don't wanna take that L In front of everyone tbh Lupe ain't neva been scared to battle rap anyone

Nah ? that.

If yeen bout that battle life, then dont speak that ? , while being filmed and talking hella ? about anyone can get it, a million upfront and donate it to charity and blah blah blah.

Or what? You gonna send him a mean tweet or something? Mos could frankly give two ? .
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WTF????!!!!!!!!!!

The guy talked all that ? and now after somebody accepting the chance, he is backtracking. Man Mos ain't ? for this
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Big fan of both, dont want to see this go down

Smh @ this ? ass ? . Its only a friendly battle ? .

uh, I know. you always got to be the captain obvious ? on here
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Mos is 100X better...

Word, Yasiin will body that ? something serious.

Yes, because Lupe doesn't have 1 certified classic and 2 possibles to his name, depending on the circle you talk to. Mos has Black on Both Sides and Black Star, of which he was part of a duo. Ecstatic and TND were good, but they're no Cool or T&Y.

So wait... What are you basing your opinion on again? I really need to hear this one. Should be interesting.

Stop... Lupe don't have no damn classics. You must run in the new ? circle. And Yasiin's discography is certified. Ecstatic was flames.

... Yasiin bodies that ? wherever your want to go with it, lyrically, substance-wise, crowd control. He's too seasoned for that lil' ? .

Lupe has a weak voice, meh delivery and overflows the listener with extended metaphors and mr. fantastic word play. None of that is good for a battle. Yasiin's delivery and performance actually enhance his lyrics.

No competition. Yasiin takes this every time.

? you talkin bout "new ? "? Nah b, stop that. I'm prolly older than you. @Stew does Lupe have an album in the vault?

It's universally accepted that Lu has at least one joint that's classic. There's 2 possible, take your pick. I agree with Mos having a stronger presence than Lu. All that other ? you talking about though? My ? , chill. You out here like Lu is a scrub or some ? . I ain't even finna argue witchu about substance and lyrics.

You're a fool if you think Lupe lacks in those areas. It's clear that he's just an artist you don't like. I can hit you with verse after verse, bars on top of bars, and logic and objectivity all day and it wouldn't matter. At this point you've already formulated an extremely bias opinion.

To be clear, Mos is one of the dopest emcees to ever pick up a microphone and I think he can wash any emcee. I just feel the same way about Lupe. Both of their discographies suggest that I'm justified in my viewpoint on the matter.

And
    Boo_This_Man.gif at Mos backing out. Smh. I knew it was too good to be true.

Off the top of my head I wanna say he just missed with both albums. I may be wrong tho, ill check later.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mos is 100X better...

Word, Yasiin will body that ? something serious.

Yes, because Lupe doesn't have 1 certified classic and 2 possibles to his name, depending on the circle you talk to. Mos has Black on Both Sides and Black Star, of which he was part of a duo. Ecstatic and TND were good, but they're no Cool or T&Y.

So wait... What are you basing your opinion on again? I really need to hear this one. Should be interesting.

Stop... Lupe don't have no damn classics. You must run in the new ? circle. And Yasiin's discography is certified. Ecstatic was flames.

... Yasiin bodies that ? wherever your want to go with it, lyrically, substance-wise, crowd control. He's too seasoned for that lil' ? .

No competition. Yasiin takes this every time.
    Tetsuo & Youth is a classic.

Like I said earlier, he would lose cause many of you couldn't keep up (or wouldn't want too).
  • a-grave247
    a-grave247 Members Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mos is in my top 10 after the Blackstar album (thieves In The Night is one of the best verses ever written in Hip Hop) and Black On Both Sides were classics. The New Danger was solid, but he fell off after that. He hasn't been the same since. Lupe is overrated on here in my opinion. Food and Liquor was good, the cool was cool but he tries to hard to go over people's head.

Now if we talking about Black Thought...he'd body anyone
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mos Def's Twitter was hacked
  • Purr
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »
    TayGettem wrote: »

The backtrack, breh.

Nah ? that.

If yeen bout that battle life, then dont speak that ? , while being filmed and talking hella ? about anyone can get it, a million upfront and donate it to charity and blah blah blah.

Or what? You gonna send him a mean tweet or something? Mos could frankly give two ? .

? , what??? ? with this ? ? . Mos backed down like a lil ? cause of Lupe. I dont give a ? that Mos dont give two ? in the world, but he did create a challenge.