Migos Flop Watch Slated to Sell 12-14K

Options

Comments

• Biggwillie
    Biggwillie Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is just Travis Porter 2.0......3 ? from the A with a few catching ring tones then a couple of years later we wont even hear from them again until they respawn into another group.
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They not trash but I don't even wanna download they music fa free. Listening to they music in the club is coo or pregaming before going out but that's about it.

Honestly I don't see why any grown person would wanna buy an album nowadays. ? be watered down, songs we already heard on mixtapes and like 12 songs, 3 being skits. Not to mention the whole album be on streaming apps and YouTube.
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a guy born, raised, and still living in memphis....lord infamous was wack
    So was koopsta
    So was boo
    So was Paul at times

I hope you die a horrible death
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggwillie wrote: »
    This is just Travis Porter 2.0......3 ? from the A with a few catching ring tones then a couple of years later we wont even hear from them again until they respawn into another group.

Travis Porter has never had a hit in they life. They was some ? females hyped up.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The point is they should have dropped the album when Fight Night was poppin. That single went Gold. People keep talking about Versace, that's not their biggest record.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Migos doin' Troy Ave numbers? Im seriously having a hard time wrapping my head around this.

Do ? need to start reevaluating this whole club / radio hits = record sales mentality? Did Future just make it hard to eat for the other trap ? ? Even if that's the case, I would have expected DS2 to outsell Meek's drop considering the catchy tunes he has in comparison, but Meek outsold the ? by over 100 thousand units first week. I honestly don't get it. These ? who are dominating radio aren't necessarily selling records.

People that listen to Migos and Future like that don't buy albums. I'm not a fan of Future, but I listen to DS2 pretty regularly. But it's not something I would rush to spend money on. And although the album is eh, I do like Migos. I ain't buying that album though. RNT and NL2 are enough to suffice me.

So yeah, despite the machine pushing ? down our throats, ? still ain't gonna spend money on it. Microwave/fast food rap is what it is and has it's place. It just doesn't have a place doing numbers on the charts. And even though Meek has a cool album, he's actually kind of an outlier here. His BET performance and relationship with Nicki came at opportune moments.

Meanwhile, Kendrick and Cole are making music that matters, topping the charts, making appearances all over the place and selling out MSG... These new ? should really be paying attention.

giphy.gif

This is what I tell people who swear "Hip hop is dead because ? like Migos exist"...they're not selling any records like that. They have their niche fan base that will simply bootleg their albums and download their mixtapes enough for them to be able to perform at clubs but that's about it. They won't ever be viewed as cornerstones in hip-hop
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No buzz. Shoulda dropped after Rich ? Timeline.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Migos, 9-Trey Diplomats, G-Unit, Bone Thugs N Harmony, 3-6 Mafia, D12, Mobb Deep, UGK are lyricists that are organic

Slaughterhourse, Wu Tang, Black Hippy lyricisim sounds forced and robotic not natural
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P. Town wrote: »
    Biggwillie wrote: »

Travis Porter has never had a hit in they life. They was some ? females hyped up.

That's not tru "make it rain" was on mtv alot they had one other song that got big play I think but that's it
    GunTown wrote: »
    Migos, 9-Trey Diplomats, G-Unit, Bone Thugs N Harmony, 3-6 Mafia, D12, Mobb Deep, UGK are lyricists that are organic

Slaughterhourse, Wu Tang, Black Hippy lyricisim sounds forced and robotic not natural

Migos and lyricist don't go together please ?
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For everyone saying they are indie, this is not an indie release. 300 records is a boutique label under Atlantic, so these aren't good numbers. They probably will recoup touring along with a bigger artist though. These lables have figured out a new formula to make their money back hand over fist.
  • hefty-vulturestatus
    hefty-vulturestatus Members Posts: 811 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Migos will be ok. 40 Glocc only sold 82 copies of his album but last time I checked he's eating.
  • TayGettem
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Migos will be ok. 40 Glocc only sold 82 copies of his album but last time I checked he's eating.

Cuz he sued the game lol
  • Original_Skin
    Original_Skin Members Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    shtoopid wrote: »
    a lot of us live in a bubble. if you're in the hood all the time, hang out with hip hop heads, frequent hip hop clubs and post on the ic all day, it's easy to lose track of what is actually doing numbers on the charts, and what's just popping in the streets. migos is not actually that famous outside of hip hop. most white people would have a hard time trying to name 4 of their songs, or any one of their projects. to them, migos = background music at the club... hell i know people that heard versace and thought "who the heck are these people messing up drake's song?"

doesn't matter how many ? slap something in the wip, or at whatever spots you happen to frequent. if mainstream america isn't listening to an album, it's not gonna sell, period. i've never heard a one direction song in my life, and neither have 90% of the people i hang out with, but they're going platinum plus in like, 5 different countries every time they drop. that's why i laugh anytime somebody says "nobody listen to (insert artist) in the hood" as if their hood = the music industry as a whole.

This post here is some real ass ? .
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    sold 12-14K to much
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Honestly the only Atlanta sound I can ? with is Future, Father, Key!, and that's about it. I'm sure when Gucci get out I'll listen to his ? . the rest of the music in Atlanta is not for me. I just can't do Migozs, K Camp, Peewee Longway, Young Dolph, Young Thug, etc.

Edit: That "preach", and " hot boy " dude is catchy tho.

Dolph ain't from Atlanta

Thug>>>>Future

Young Thug is to sissified for me to mess with. I can see if y'all ? listen to his music as a joke or to laugh at, but y'all really take this dude serious.

Future is horrible, but at least his beats and song structures be more bearable. I can't stand that stupid straining sounds and adlibs Young Thug says. His music literally sounds like a parady.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    ? can't tell Memphis from Atl sound smh Dolph is memhis

You right. I can't tell, and I feel no remorse for that ? either. The only time I can tell south ? apart is from my city New Orleans, Miami, the rest of the south ? sound the same. Outside of Father crew. Houston used to have its own sound, but they been biting the "turnt" sound. Outside of the OGs of course...
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't pay attention to albums sales but if meek mill and Joey badass and others are outselling migos and rich homie and future then I can't understand for the life of me why radio doesnt play badass. The whole rationale ebro has is invalidated if joey outsells them
  • robblr86
    robblr86 Members Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    robblr86 wrote: »
    My argument is, there are no numbers here to support radio constantly force feeding ? this wack ? . Its absolutely ridiculous.

You mean to tell me ? like Joey Bada$$ is out here outselling Migos 5 to 1, beating Rae Sremmurd as well first week with all their commercial exposure from Hot and every other radio station in the country; every dingy ass club... and the young ? can't get some spins on primetime? Where is the validation for this? Future out here dominating airwaves and clubs as we speak with about 3 joints floating around, but another ? has outsold him by a factor of 70% and isn't getting that burn.

If Migos couldn't make those numbers, then there is no way in hell Rich Homie is going to breach, and Young Thug also pretty much flopped first week (18k). But I can't turn on the ? radio without these ? floodin' my ? . Why dawg? There are other ? who are selling more, and touring just as much with large crowds. The numbers seem to imply that nobody wants to hear that shallow ? . Or at the very least, imply that they want to hear the other ? more.

a lot of people wanna hear shallow ? , they just don't wanna pay for it. the music you pay for is the music you're actually gonna be listening to outside of the club/parties/radio on your own time. i wouldn't pay for a migos album, but i respect their place in hip hop. strippers are not about to gyrate their ? to some boombap song about racial inequality, but some of them might chill at the house, and listen to erykah badu on their days off... it's a time and place for everything.

That don't explain why these nig nogs are still in heavy rotation on the radio, fam.
    It looks like Joey Bad's fans are putting up the dollas, so why isn't the radio catering to them instead of these ? 's with throwaway singles?

4fbf03f50015a503c716be98961c58d7.jpg

And ? the strippers, daaawg. ? that entire scene. On ? .

You clearly don't like the "Atlanta Sound"....get used to it ? . It aint going anywhere lol @sr_the_freshman

You right cuz they flopped; ain't going nowhere but collecting dust on Best Buy shelves.

Maybe...but they will always get more airplay than your eastcoast rappers. The south has been running the airwaves for a long time now. Why you think the other regions of the country have taken notice and sound like Southern artists now. For better or worse, it is what it is.

And btw, Migos are not even good rappers. Thats why they sold what they sold. Future, and some of these other ? are a better meter for the region. The south has there fun rappers (Rae Shrummard), trap rappers (Gucci, Future), lyricists (Wayne, Luda, 3000, Big Boi, etc, and others (Thug?, RHQ). The one thing that separates us from Joey and some other East Coast rappers would be the production is typically better with better beats/hooks. Better production = more airplay.

Shoutout to the West Coast tho...they are really on the comeup. Full speed at that
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't pay attention to albums sales but if meek mill and Joey badass and others are outselling migos and rich homie and future then I can't understand for the life of me why radio doesnt play badass. The whole rationale ebro has is invalidated if joey outsells them

Joey has a stronger fanbase whereas more people would rather listen to Migos music but aren't really fanatics.

Ie A random person driving in their car would likely keep their radio on the same station if they hear a song they like... doesn't mean they'll necessary but the song or album
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »

Joey has a stronger fanbase whereas more people would rather listen to Migos music but aren't really fanatics.

Ie A random person driving in their car would likely keep their radio on the same station if they hear a song they like... doesn't mean they'll necessary but the song or album
    But how can ebro be sure they won't listen to a joey badass song, esp if he has strong fanbase and sells more
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Tetsuo & Youth moved 42,000 units first week without spins
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But how can ebro be sure they won't listen to a joey badass song, esp if he has strong fanbase and sells more

That's my entire point. They can't. Or rather, they can but...

If they go by numbers, then Meek Mill should be getting more airplay than Future, and not just with this album.
    Joey Badass and Lupe should be getting more airplay then than Rae Sremmurd and waaaayy more than Migos or any of these other fly by night ? .
    My argument is, there are no numbers here to support radio constantly force feeding ? this wack ? . Its absolutely ridiculous.

You mean to tell me ? like Joey Bada$$ is out here outselling Migos 5 to 1, beating Rae Sremmurd as well first week with all their commercial exposure from Hot and every other radio station in the country; every dingy ass club... and the young ? can't get some spins on primetime? Where is the validation for this? Future out here dominating airwaves and clubs as we speak with about 3 joints floating around, but another ? has outsold him by a factor of 70% and isn't getting that burn.

If Migos couldn't make those numbers, then there is no way in hell Rich Homie is going to breach, and Young Thug also pretty much flopped first week (18k). But I can't turn on the ? radio without these ? floodin' my ? . Why dawg? There are other ? who are selling more, and touring just as much with large crowds. The numbers seem to imply that nobody wants to hear that shallow ? . Or at the very least, imply that they want to hear the other ? more.

a lot of people wanna hear shallow ? , they just don't wanna pay for it. the music you pay for is the music you're actually gonna be listening to outside of the club/parties/radio on your own time. i wouldn't pay for a migos album, but i respect their place in hip hop. strippers are not about to gyrate their ? to some boombap song about racial inequality, but some of them might chill at the house, and listen to erykah badu on their days off... it's a time and place for everything.

That don't explain why these nig nogs are still in heavy rotation on the radio, fam.
    It looks like Joey Bad's fans are putting up the dollas, so why isn't the radio catering to them instead of these ? 's with throwaway singles?

You clearly don't like the "Atlanta Sound"....get used to it ? . It aint going anywhere lol @sr_the_freshman

You right cuz they flopped; ain't going nowhere but collecting dust on Best Buy shelves.

Maybe...but they will always get more airplay than your eastcoast rappers. The south has been running the airwaves for a long time now. Why you think the other regions of the country have taken notice and sound like Southern artists now. For better or worse, it is what it is.

And btw, Migos are not even good rappers. Thats why they sold what they sold. Future, and some of these other ? are a better meter for the region. The south has there fun rappers (Rae Shrummard), trap rappers (Gucci, Future), lyricists (Wayne, Luda, 3000, Big Boi, etc, and others (Thug?, RHQ). The one thing that separates us from Joey and some other East Coast rappers would be the production is typically better with better beats/hooks. Better production = more airplay.

Shoutout to the West Coast tho...they are really on the comeup. Full speed at that

@ bolded, they shouldn't because they aren't selling as much and that's a fact. They aren't touring more either. Italicized is your opinion. No numbers support that ? ; straight up.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    East vs South debate brewing...
  • TayGettem
    Options

That's my entire point. They can't. Or rather, they can but...

If they go by numbers, then Meek Mill should be getting more airplay than Future, and not just with this album.
    Joey Badass and Lupe should be getting more airplay then than Rae Sremmurd and waaaayy more than Migos or any of these other fly by night ? .

@ bolded, they shouldn't because they aren't selling as much and that's a fact. They aren't touring more either. Italicized is your opinion. No numbers support that ? ; straight up.

Folks wanna hear ridding music on the radio
    They want hits not Lupe and Joey
    Radio has never been abt playing who sells the most
    They play hits Lupe and Joey have a loyal fan base but they don't make hits