Will Nicki Minaj usher in new FEMALE artist or will she keep hogging the ball ??

Options
antarticp
antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in The Reason
Real talk!!

this is thier moment and its so many dope female emcees out there from tiff fox to Rhapsody ... wtf is nicki doing ijs Drake already got ovo popping to the point his artist under him have big hit records @ radio ... Same with Jcole he already got 3 artist signed to his Dreamville record ... If nicki hogs the ball too long she might fall off too hard to even bring in any females a la Lil Kim and Foxy Brown .. who both had thier chances but hogged the ball just like nicki is right now ...!! Females always complaining that its not enuff women in rap but when they get thier chance to Rick Ross, TI, 50 Cent or Jayz they keep all the spotlight for themselves .... Nicki could very well launch her own OVO or MMG right now and create a serious platform for female emcees ......

Comments

• ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    .... ......what?
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't sign to in Nicki... Nicki is a not a bauce. I know y'all hate me, but its the truth. Nicki isn't as independent as she acts. She was given the spot more than y'all think. Her career is a "gift". They paint her like she worked her way 2 the top. Nicki is a airhead 4 real y'all think she playing.

The men in the game don't want a real female writer in it. They like Nicki because they made her write for her and tell her what to do. Nicki wrote in the underground but she is a mainstream puppet. So the male MCs like that. They don't like real female writers. They wanted a groupie they can make a star. Its men that don't write so when a female write better than men they sabatoge them.. " hint" Lauryn hill. They keep these ? with ghostwriters on top 4 a reason.
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    Options
    & check this when lil Kim started writing they trashed her. In the beginning when she was prosituting and big was ghostwriting they blew her up. When she stop prosituting and started writing her own ? . They trashed her more. So think... Its fake ? in the industry. Lauryn went down after writing the realist female album every written. Some male rappers jealous of women that write. They replaced lil Kim with a barbie ? . Then paint her like a wife. They know Nicki is a groupie that ? her way 2 the top. But they rather y'all believe Lauryn is the ? .

Kim went down when she tried to change.. No longer giving out DAT head. That's the reason her career lost the number 1 spot. But honestly Kim music got realer. Most of them ? fake out there.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nicki is just the newest flavor ice cream shes not anything special at all in any regard.
  • ChillaDaGawd
    Options
    Don't worry BHM got next in the rap game
  • antarticp
    Options
    & check this when lil Kim started writing they trashed her. In the beginning when she was prosituting and big was ghostwriting they blew her up. When she stop prosituting and started writing her own ? . They trashed her more. So think... Its fake ? in the industry. Lauryn went down after writing the realist female album every written. Some male rappers jealous of women that write. They replaced lil Kim with a barbie ? . Then paint her like a wife. They know Nicki is a groupie that ? her way 2 the top. But they rather y'all believe Lauryn is the ? .

Kim went down when she tried to change.. No longer giving out DAT head. That's the reason her career lost the number 1 spot. But honestly Kim music got realer. Most of them ? fake out there.

one thing you fail to realize is that everyone has thier pitfalls including the men so why are woman looking for a cake walk ?? imo and i respect yours ... but nicki has over come most of those pitfalls ... shes @ a point where she has her own brand of tours and everything ... instead of boosting Meeks profile or on top of boosting meeks profile she could be ushering in the next dope female emceee ... its so many out there right now already moving ... all nicki needs to do is put her under her wing ...

but then again there is one thing im forgetting about females and you are sort of exercising the same bs ... but yall have not kind of unity ... yall always getting catty and looking TOO deep into a person before you even get to know then and its usually a negative thought ... too much shade ...

but i feel nicki has the chance to really change the game ... she can be the first to build an MMG or an Grand Hustle or a Gunit but its roster is full of WOMAN !!!!!! where is the woman power @ ?? put the feeling aside and do it for yourselves or once !

ijs
  • antarticp
    Options
    Nicki is just the newest flavor ice cream shes not anything special at all in any regard.

in your opinion ... but regardless of you opinion ... nicki has a strong fanbase right now .... she can use it to continue her solo career or she can take that platform to the next level by Starting a label and sign primarily female artist !!!! and hopefully strong artist .... its has yet to be seen in hip hop ... she has the chance to make history !!
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »

one thing you fail to realize is that everyone has thier pitfalls including the men so why are woman looking for a cake walk ?? imo and i respect yours ... but nicki has over come most of those pitfalls ... shes @ a point where she has her own brand of tours and everything ... instead of boosting Meeks profile or on top of boosting meeks profile she could be ushering in the next dope female emceee ... its so many out there right now already moving ... all nicki needs to do is put her under her wing ...

but then again there is one thing im forgetting about females and you are sort of exercising the same bs ... but yall have not kind of unity ... yall always getting catty and looking TOO deep into a person before you even get to know then and its usually a negative thought ... too much shade ...

but i feel nicki has the chance to really change the game ... she can be the first to build an MMG or an Grand Hustle or a Gunit but its roster is full of WOMAN !!!!!! where is the woman power @ ?? put the feeling aside and do it for yourselves or once !

ijs

I think the hate against me is so strong people don't want to believe ? I say. Listen. Nicki was a prositute in the street that industry ? was ? . She had a lil skill. She was rigged up from the street. Her come up wasn't natural.

She didn't work for ? . ( the right way) she ? around for the buzz. Everything was given to her. Favor 4 favor.

Its a scam. All stars don't work hard 4 it like u think.

I'm not throwing shade at all. It was another artist name Nicki minaj she took her name in the underground. She is a SCAM.

They gave it too her. That's why Lauryn and Kim had breakdowns cause industry ? fake. This girl look flawless cause she do what fake ? say. They gave her the soot. She didn't work hard. Its all illusion. When she was in the street she was sucking ? off in the industry. She did not WORK before rap.

Females don't want the game, cause ? fake out there. They only blow groupies up. Nicki do not have the sense to lead the game like u think she's really a airhead. Honestly. Nicki isn't as smart as u think

• BrazilianHairMoney
    Options
    Well u can count me out. First of all I was coming first, but would not prositute. ? purposely blow this type up then want real women under her wing? Not gonna happen. Not cause of cat fighting. But they did this to spite females who stand 4 something. They want it to look like how's are smarter and real women follow

How loving ? are in the game. & I don't need rap 2 eat
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    Options
    Well u can count me out. First of all I was coming first, but would not prositute. ? purposely blow this type up then want real women under her wing? Not gonna happen. Not cause of cat fighting. But they did this to spite females who stand 4 something. They want it to look like hoes are smarter and real women follow

Hoe loving ? are in the game. & I don't need rap 2 eat

• antarticp
    edited August 2015
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »

ijs

I think the hate against me is so strong people don't want to believe ? I say. Listen. Nicki was a prositute in the street that industry ? was ? . She had a lil skill. She was rigged up from the street. Her come up wasn't natural.

She didn't work for ? . ( the right way) she ? around for the buzz. Everything was given to her. Favor 4 favor.

Its a scam. All stars don't work hard 4 it like u think.

I'm not throwing shade at all. It was another artist name Nicki minaj she took her name in the underground. She is a SCAM.

They gave it too her. That's why Lauryn and Kim had breakdowns cause industry ? fake. This girl look flawless cause she do what fake ? say. They gave her the soot. She didn't work hard. Its all illusion. When she was in the street she was sucking ? off in the industry. She did not WORK before rap.

Females don't want the game, cause ? fake out there. They only blow groupies up. Nicki do not have the sense to lead the game like u think she's really a airhead. Honestly. Nicki isn't as smart as u think

i hear you and i cant really cosign cause i dont know for sure ... all i can go by is what i seen and know ... and 1 thing is for sure ive seen nicki throw shade @ guys like maino on her come up ... fact is shes been with the same guy forever, Safree, up until now ..... and im from delaware and nicki used to be out here recording around her Come UP DVD days ... so imo altho back then i thought she was an airhead too based on interviews but regardless i seen her go from small studios out here in delaware to touring accross the nation ...

sometimes you gotta look @ the bigger picture and let the past be the past (if what you are saying is true) ...

nicki has the platform ... wether she is business savvy or not in your opinion ... even an idiot can break a new artist from where she stands today .... ijs look @ safaree ... his buzz is 100% off hanging around nicki and being her hype man .... she could easliy slide a new artist in that slot and start bringing her up ...

bigger picture ladies ... bigger picture .... but sadily i guess ladies cant see it ... or have too much pride to ever try ...
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Na she wants to be the only one. Sad really, but she likes being the automatic winner every time its a female rap award. She don't even much collab with other female rappers.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brazilian Hair couldn't wait to drop a Nicki rant
  • ChillaDaGawd
    Options
    BHM you need to make a comeback
  • antarticp
    edited August 2015
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Na she wants to be the only one. Sad really, but she likes being the automatic winner every time its a female rap award. She don't even much collab with other female rappers.

imo we only got so many male rappers cause rappers always put they ? on ... im listening to a gunplay interview and he even has an artist that hes trying to put on ... thats alll ladies need to do is click up ... and @ this point its an easy way for them to make history ... smh come on ladies lol
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    Options
    I'm really self employed and I've been caught up in my business, to the point I don't have time. Plus I don't want a deal. I'm independent so I fund myself 100%. That's why I'm doing other things for financial stability.

What the game have to realize they made the wrong decision and choice's with the way they handled my arrival. I never wanted to take over the game or be mainstream.
    Rap is a hustle to me. Back then I was a young ghetto ? my grind. I was trying to change my life bad as ? . They misjudged me as having it made. & kept playing rich girl games with me. So I decided to get another grind. Now my time is caught up in other thing and rap game is on the back burner.
    I'm not the next Nicki minaj tho. I'm more of a poet. & I write waaay different & think different. I'm not a mainstream artist. So I never was jealous of her spot. I just c all this foolishness going on and how these tricking ? covered up her hoeing & try to put it on me.

They want me to come out there so they can lie on me some more. Its some save a how ? in the game trying to make me look like the devil and paint Nicki as the angel.

I don't got time for it, so I started another grind. I know I'll be rich but I never really wanted fame.

I want the money. & not his money. I was never a gold digger. I always had a job. But I'm caught up with my business. & I'm not dropping a album til I'm RICH. Because I'm independent imma have to be rich. So if they plot on me I can fall back on something.

Hip hop rap or whatever its called isn't my passion. I just got something 2 say. I prolly drop 1 or 2 albums at some point but that's it
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just realized...Nikki don't have ANY proteges? That's kind of strange for an artist on her level..don't she have a pinkprint label?
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nikki has or had a label already . Forgot the name of it but she had signed a ? name brickz from jerz
  • antarticp
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    I just realized...Nikki don't have ANY proteges? That's kind of strange for an artist on her level..don't she have a pinkprint label?

my point exactly i was tthinking about this a couple of days ago and decided to make a post about it ...
  • antarticp
    Options
    ovoCapo wrote: »
    Nikki has or had a label already . Forgot the name of it but she had signed a ? name brickz from jerz

boooooooooooo that would totally defeat the purpose ... its almost like what uncle luke was saying about miami rappers not signing other miami rappers cause theyd be scared that they would steal thier local shine .... smh
  • antarticp
    Options
    I'm really self employed and I've been caught up in my business, to the point I don't have time. Plus I don't want a deal. I'm independent so I fund myself 100%. That's why I'm doing other things for financial stability.

What the game have to realize they made the wrong decision and choice's with the way they handled my arrival. I never wanted to take over the game or be mainstream.
    Rap is a hustle to me. Back then I was a young ghetto ? my grind. I was trying to change my life bad as ? . They misjudged me as having it made. & kept playing rich girl games with me. So I decided to get another grind. Now my time is caught up in other thing and rap game is on the back burner.
    I'm not the next Nicki minaj tho. I'm more of a poet. & I write waaay different & think different. I'm not a mainstream artist. So I never was jealous of her spot. I just c all this foolishness going on and how these tricking ? covered up her hoeing & try to put it on me.

They want me to come out there so they can lie on me some more. Its some save a how ? in the game trying to make me look like the devil and paint Nicki as the angel.

I don't got time for it, so I started another grind. I know I'll be rich but I never really wanted fame.

I want the money. & not his money. I was never a gold digger. I always had a job. But I'm caught up with my business. & I'm not dropping a album til I'm RICH. Because I'm independent imma have to be rich. So if they plot on me I can fall back on something.

Hip hop rap or whatever its called isn't my passion. I just got something 2 say. I prolly drop 1 or 2 albums at some point but that's it

i can dig it /// rap def doesnt not pay the bills especially during "artist development mode" its pretty much all spending unless you get super savvy with the ways you do ? ....... but salute build that foundation !!