Mississippians Charged With Trying To Join ISIS

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
628x471.jpg

JACKSON, Miss. — A federal court hearing continues Tuesday for two Mississippi residents arrested on charges that they were trying to travel to Syria to join the Islamic State militant group.

Criminal charges filed Saturday say 19-year-old Jaelyn Delshaun Young and 22-year-old Muhammad Oda Dakhlalla were arrested that morning at Golden Triangle Regional Airport near Columbus, Mississippi, just before boarding a flight with tickets bound for Istanbul.

The charges say the two, in online communications, repeatedly told undercover FBI agents they wanted to join the group fighting to create an Islamic state.

An affidavit by an FBI agent says both confessed after their arrest.

Both are charged with attempting and conspiring to provide material support to a terrorist group. It was unclear Monday which lawyers represent them.

Comments

• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn man I would love to hear a interview from her.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i read this earlier.

i am beginning to think this is a ploy to show black people in a more negative light.

to begin to question whether they are with us or against us....so we need to check.

we dont know if this agents trapped them or coerced them during a time of heightened racial tensions.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    very curious....

why arent they showing the pic of the guy...

wanna guess
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So? When you have citizens ready to join a terrorist group to fight you that says alot about your country.
  • h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She was saved from a long slow torturous existence. They were going to use her as a sex slave. EVERYONE wants to experience black women. No matter how much they detest, she got lucky.
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Head scratching article....
  • h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    very curious....

why arent they showing the pic of the guy...

wanna guess

Because if you look at his name they already have that area covered. Now they have to show blacks as terrorist.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These kids are promised a lot of ? to try and persuade them to become a jihadi bride.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was reading this earlier on MSNBC... real sad ?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let these idiots go though... Whatever happens they deserve
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn they would have been passing her around like a ? and then sold her for 40 bucks once she was all used up.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any one convicted of trying to join Isis should be shot
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

You want this beautiful, nubile, brown skinned woman to be shot?

I'd rather take a ? at rehabilitating her but to each his own I guess.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hmmmm.....

"SMASH!!!!!"

"AMERICAS CHICKENS...."

ETC
  • zzombie
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

You want this beautiful, nubile, brown skinned woman to be shot?

I'd rather take a ? at rehabilitating her but to each his own I guess.

I don't like Islam period I don't care if it's white yellow ,brown, red. You want to join radical Islam??? Bullet. A pretty face doesn't mean you will escape
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would be surprised i dude convinced her. She probably just following dude. they would have ripped her ass apart as soon as she got over there and gave him back his leftovers.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So why exactly is it illegal for them to do that if they had no plan to perform an attack on the U.S.? I don't actually believe they tried to join ISIS and I don't see why they would,but why is this illegal if they want to leave the U.S. for ISIS?
  • zzombie
    Options
    So why exactly is it illegal for them to do that if they had no plan to perform an attack on the U.S.? I don't actually believe they tried to join ISIS and I don't see why they would,but why is this illegal if they want to leave the U.S. for ISIS?

isis is the declared enemy of the united states so trying to go join them is wrong, trying to joining isis is in a sense trying to commit treason
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

isis is the declared enemy of the united states so trying to go join them is wrong, trying to joining isis is in a sense trying to commit treason
    But they are not in the military though and just because you live here does not mean you pledge allegiance to the U.S.The KKK are terrorists as well as other white supremacist groups,but they can openly speak against the government and threaten people and nothing happens to them unless they actually commit an act of violence.As i said I doubt believe this story anyway as it would not be possible for anyone in this country to just leave and join ISIS let along get in contact with a member of ISIS LOL.I doubt a terrorist org would advertise online for member recruitment or other means besides hand picking it's members just like the Taliban does.
  • zzombie
    Options

But they are not in the military though and just because you live here does not mean you pledge allegiance to the U.S.The KKK are terrorists as well as other white supremacist groups,but they can openly speak against the government and threaten people and nothing happens to them unless they actually commit an act of violence.As i said I doubt believe this story anyway as it would not be possible for anyone in this country to just leave and join ISIS let along get in contact with a member of ISIS LOL.I doubt a terrorist org would advertise online for member recruitment or other means besides hand picking it's members just like the Taliban does.

you don't have to be in the military to be charged with treason any group can speak against the government but once you take steps to harm the government you can be charged with a crime.

if you want to join isis all you need to do is book a flight to turkey or some other surrounding nation and if you have the right connections you can sneak in
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who the ? wants to join Isis?

Chick in the pic probably likes white boys,
    She can carry her ass to turkey foh