Cops smell weed on female driver, forcibly search her ?

Options
King Ghidorah
King Ghidorah Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
Experts say Harris County officers’ search of Charnesia Corley is ‘constitutionally suspect’ after they held her down and probed her ? for marijuana

A woman has accused sheriff’s deputies in Texas of sexually assaulting her at a gas station by stripping her and conducting a body cavity search without her consent during a traffic stop.

Charnesia Corley, 21, who is African American, said officers with the Harris County sheriff’s department held her down in a Texaco parking lot and probed her ? in a search for marijuana.

“They did a manual cavity search. It’s the most serious search you can do under our constitution and should be done in a sterile environment. You sure can’t do it in public by the side of the road. It’s unbelievable,” her attorney, Sam Cammack, told the Guardian on Tuesday.

Corley, who has no criminal record, will file a complaint to the Internal Affairs Division, her attorney said. “I’m doing it right now,” Cammack said, adding that he hoped there was video of the incident.

Corley was pulled over at around 10.30pm on 21 June near Ella Boulevard and Barren Springs Drive in Houston while driving to a store in order, she said, to fetch something for her sick mother.

According to the Harris County sheriff’s office, a deputy pulled her over for running a stop sign. Upon smelling what he believed to be marijuana he handcuffed Corley, placed her in the back of his patrol car and searched her vehicle in vain for the drug.

Upon returning to the patrol car he then allegedly smelled marijuana, concluded Corley had it hidden on her person, and summoned female deputies. One was African American, the other white.

One ordered her on the ground and ordered her to pull her trousers down, Corley told ABC13. “I told her, I said: ‘Well ma’am, I don’t have any underwear on.’ She says: ‘Well that doesn’t matter. Pull your pants down.’”

Corley said she was ordered to open her legs but said she did not wish to do so. “So she says: ‘Well if you don’t open them, I’m going to break them,’” Corley said. “All I could do was just lay there. I felt helpless.”

She told KTRK she felt violated. “I feel like they sexually assaulted me. I really do. I feel disgusted, downgraded, humiliated.”

Corley was charged with resisting arrest and possession of marijuana after deputies allegedly found .02 ounces of marijuana.

The Harris County sheriff’s department did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Tuesday. But a spokesperson told local media the deputies did everything as they should and that Corley had assented to a strip search.

Cammack disputed that and said an officer’s report of the incident, which he had obtained, corroborated his client’s version. The attorney declined to say where the marijuana was found but said police claimed to have found it on Corley’s person. Police usually chose not to prosecute for such tiny amounts of marijuana, he added.

Regardless of what was found, the search violated privacy and the constitution, said Cammack. “They could’ve found a kilo of ? insider of her and still should not have done it.”

Rebecca Robertson, legal and policy director of the ACLU of Texas, said a cavity search without a warrant was a “blatant” violation of the fourth amendment, and that an orifice probe was the most invasive search possible.

“A body cavity search without a warrant would be constitutionally suspect. But a body cavity search by the side of the road ... I can’t imagine a circumstance where that would be constitutional,” she told the Houston Chronicle.

She noted previous controversies over cavity searches in Texas. In 2013, the Department of Public Safety was forced to pay $185,000 to two women who alleged troopers had conducted cavity searches by the roadside, illuminated by patrol car headlights, in full view of passing traffic.

Police in Texas came under renewed scrutiny last month over the case of Sandra Bland, an African American woman found dead in her Waller County jail cell after being detained during a traffic stop.

She's about to get a good payday

4BnP80v.jpg

Smash, but only if she buy the weed.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/11/texas-woman-accuses-police-sexual-assault-body-cavity-strip-search

Comments

• R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great job keeping Texas safe.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they found the weed in her pum pum surely she has no complaint?
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Justice will be if she get paid over this plus those pigs get they fingers broken.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She is gonna get paid.
  • h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    QUIT SMOKING WEED WHILE DRIVING!!!!!! Smoke that ? in the confines of your home and if you must travel, shower up and get the stench off of you before you leave. Geez. Sounds like a headache, but you don't want the consequences. It's the easiest stop and 'probable cause' of them all. But she'll get a couple of dollars and spend it on weed! lol
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    h8rhurta wrote: »
    QUIT SMOKING WEED WHILE DRIVING!!!!!! Smoke that ? in the confines of your home and if you must travel, shower up and get the stench off of you before you leave. Geez. Sounds like a headache, but you don't want the consequences. It's the easiest stop and 'probable cause' of them all. But she'll get a couple of dollars and spend it on weed! lol

Bro....you do know that they make up that "probable cause" bs right? I mean like for real right?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options

police do not have the right to put their ? hands inside your body because they 'smell weed'... the ? is wrong with u ? ?

Had her ? wide open at a gas station for .2 grams. What's that 1/4 of a skimpy ass loud blunt?
  • Rembrandt
    Rembrandt Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options

police do not have the right to put their ? hands inside your body because they 'smell weed'... the ? is wrong with u ? ?

Police have reasonable 'cause' to do anything.
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's outrageous. The gas station should have videos from all angles.
  • Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    .02 ounces.

....not .2 ..... .02. Wow.
  • h8rhurta
    Options

Bro....you do know that they make up that "probable cause" bs right? I mean like for real right?

I know that. But IF you're smoking/smelling like weed.....never mind. So we're going to act like people don't ride around and blow while driving? Then they FOUND weed (a very tiny amount), but the way they found it was foul! Sometimes people don't get out of their own way. Now if he was like I smell weed and found a bag of ? then I could call ? . But he smelled weed and FOUND weed. How he found it was bogus as ? , but if you're not smelling like weed there is no need to search for weed. Take your failure to stop at the stop sign ticket and make it to the store.
  • h8rhurta
    Options

Had her ? wide open at a gas station for .2 grams. What's that 1/4 of a skimpy ass loud blunt?

No .02 By the time they bring it out of evidence it will be withered away and almost non existent.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options

I know that. But IF you're smoking/smelling like weed.....never mind. So we're going to act like people don't ride around and blow while driving? Then they FOUND weed (a very tiny amount), but the way they found it was foul! Sometimes people don't get out of their own way. Now if he was like I smell weed and found a bag of ? then I could call ? . But he smelled weed and FOUND weed. How he found it was bogus as ? , but if you're not smelling like weed there is no need to search for weed. Take your failure to stop at the stop sign ticket and make it to the store.

As long as you know. I thought you were one of those ? ......the "if you don't smoke, they won't search you" ass ? .
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

cops do ? ? like this from time to time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJSI9uIBv9Y

what people are going to focus on, however, is that in this particular case, the officer was white and the victim was black.

• Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    cops do ? ? like this from time to time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJSI9uIBv9Y

what people are going to focus on, however, is that in this particular case, the officer was white and the victim was black.

are u not ppl? state your case.
  • h8rhurta
    Options

As long as you know. I thought you were one of those ? ......the "if you don't smoke, they won't search you" ass ? .

Hell naw. It's FTP!
  • h8rhurta
    Options
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    what kind of human even wants to do all that? think about that ? ...

I think human is the wrong word to use.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Bruh...this is infuriating. Because I've been in a situation where an officer made up " probable cause" to stop me and wanted to search my car. I do NOT smoke and did not consent because it was bogus. So I know how they operate. Because I was a black man in a "black neighborhood" was the reason for the stop honestly.

If this had been my wife or mother....there would be a problem. These are the type of situations that can cause a loss of sanity....
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Doesn't matter if she was smoking weed

Cops do not have the right to stick their hand up a woman's ? to search her for drugs

That's just some straight up ?
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options

So if a cop thinks he smells weed and claims he found it

He can search your body cavity too ???