Meeks forfeits

Options

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When in a battle has a diss track not been rated against the opponents track, but instead rated against all the diss tracks in history. Wtf is this b.s.?

Drake won fair and square with the better track. Why all yall trying to discredit it

Because feelings...
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? put down your pom poms and take drake's ? out your mouth. It's cool if you say drake won, i even said meek lost the battle. But to say that back 2 back is an exceptional diss is nothing but pure ? ridery.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    I don't think he wouldn't gotten sued until he made a profit & weren't anybody going to buy that wack ass song

Don't talk about meek like that he might come give you a wedgie.

but you'll have a week to prepare for it.

• thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man meek is basically giving Drake the W here
    He shouldn't have been tweeting in the first place
  • BeardedFreak
    BeardedFreak Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every rap generation has a lame rapper that becomes the butt of every joke (i.e. Vanillia Ice)

The 2015 ? is Meek Mill.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every rap generation has a lame rapper that becomes the butt of every joke (i.e. Vanillia Ice)

The 2015 ? is Meek Mill.

Tyga
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol y'all ? man..

Not discrediting drake he won fair and square but that is not an exceptional diss track foh
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its true Drake win.. :s
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    CJ wrote: »
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    If somebody walks around with fake Jordans. And a ? point out their Jordan's are fake. And that person gets mad and fired back.

Doesn't matter WTF they say. Doesn't matter if they're the popular guy that the ? like and that ? ? worship.

At the end of the day...what was said is still true. Just that sometimes when you speak the truth against the machine. The machine spanks that ass. No different than when ? uncover corruption and the institutions they exposed turn on their ? with the quickness.

Now although what I said was true. It all really boils down to Meek's response being DooDoo Grits. Was he right? YES. But he was right and wack. And that's not enough :(
    It's not just the machine. Meek started the beef and then for the strangest reason started pump faking. Everything he did after making the ghostwriter comment was wrong. He waited too long to diss back, when he did comeback, it was weak and didn't hit hard on the major flaws in Drake. Basically Meek missed a point blank layup because he chose a floater over doing the right thing & using the backboard

There was no machine. This was hip hop 101.......And Drake destroyed Meek via a rap song.

This machine talk conveniently gives Meek an excuse, while at the same time diminishing what drake actually did. Rather some people want to admit it or not, 'Back To Back' was an exceptional diss song. The scary part for Meek is that it wasn't even the best that Drake had to offer.

Wait what
    Lol @ back to back being an exceptional diss track. ? was wacccccc. And ? any rapper that rhymes like daaaaaaat.
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Rather some people want to admit it or not, 'Back To Back' was an exceptional diss song. The scary part for Meek is that it wasn't even the best that Drake had to offer.

Now-Comes-The-Part-Where-We-Throw-Our-Heads-Back-In-Laughter-In-George-Of-The-Jungle.gif

But seriously...

tumblr_mjnyo81s491rrechxo1_500.gif

Y'all really need to let it go............

Meek got bodied........badly.

For the sake of argument, which one of these songs is a better diss song lyrically?

Real muthafucc'n G'z vs "you gettin bodied by a singing ? "???

I see that the only thing you could recite was the hook from Eazy's song....LOL

In the diss song thread, I named this Eazy joint as one of my favorites of all time. That being said, it was far from a lyrical masterpiece. Were you expecting Drake to get gangsta and talk about killing Meek?....LOL

Drake's song is getting the same treatment that all exceptional diss songs get..........airplay on the radio and in clubs. That's my definition of an exceptional diss track.

Y'all ? need to let go. It's over. I've been telling you same people that since Back To Back dropped.
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    Options
    It was on the radio.. This morning.... So its just not satire. It could be false but its on legitimate radio stations.

So its not just prank news. They said he was threatened that he could be sued

A Morning radio show is not a legit source when they are just repeating false news, same as that youtube video.

The ONLY official statement WWE made was they are looking into it. (Him having the undertaker theme music)

Threats of a lawsuit was completely made up. WWE never threaten that.

The radio show is speading fake news like all those gossip sites

Beside Meek just has to say he used the Funeral March, which is what the Undertaker theme is based on
    All I was saying it wasn't just in prank news like YouTube prank bloggers. It was announced on real hip hop news sites. That's why I said Google it
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Wait, what?

You know what, no. No.

NO.

I'm not going to entertain this horseshit.

Your boy won. That's it. Get off his ? , seriously. For a adult male to ride this hard for a dude, I question some things right now.
    ? put down your pom poms and take drake's ? out your mouth. It's cool if you say drake won, i even said meek lost the battle. But to say that back 2 back is an exceptional diss is nothing but pure ? ridery.
    That's what we've all been saying. Dudes wants us to bow to his master like this is ? Dany from GoT or some ? .
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If somebody walks around with fake Jordans. And a ? point out their Jordan's are fake. And that person gets mad and fired back.

Doesn't matter WTF they say. Doesn't matter if they're the popular guy that the ? like and that ? ? worship.

At the end of the day...what was said is still true. Just that sometimes when you speak the truth against the machine. The machine spanks that ass. No different than when ? uncover corruption and the institutions they exposed turn on their ? with the quickness.

Now although what I said was true. It all really boils down to Meek's response being DooDoo Grits. Was he right? YES. But he was right and wack. And that's not enough :(
    It's not just the machine. Meek started the beef and then for the strangest reason started pump faking. Everything he did after making the ghostwriter comment was wrong. He waited too long to diss back, when he did comeback, it was weak and didn't hit hard on the major flaws in Drake. Basically Meek missed a point blank layup because he chose a floater over doing the right thing & using the backboard

There was no machine. This was hip hop 101.......And Drake destroyed Meek via a rap song.

This machine talk conveniently gives Meek an excuse, while at the same time diminishing what drake actually did. Rather some people want to admit it or not, 'Back To Back' was an exceptional diss song. The scary part for Meek is that it wasn't even the best that Drake had to offer.

Wait what
    Lol @ back to back being an exceptional diss track. ? was wacccccc. And ? any rapper that rhymes like daaaaaaat.
    Rather some people want to admit it or not, 'Back To Back' was an exceptional diss song. The scary part for Meek is that it wasn't even the best that Drake had to offer.

Now-Comes-The-Part-Where-We-Throw-Our-Heads-Back-In-Laughter-In-George-Of-The-Jungle.gif

But seriously...

For the sake of argument, which one of these songs is a better diss song lyrically?

In the diss song thread, I named this Eazy joint as one of my favorites of all time. That being said, it was far from a lyrical masterpiece. Were you expecting Drake to get gangsta and talk about killing Meek?....LOL

Drake's song is getting the same treatment that all exceptional diss songs get..........airplay on the radio and in clubs. That's my definition of an exceptional diss track.

Y'all ? need to let go. It's over. I've been telling you same people that since Back To Back dropped.

Look stop crying clearly Drake won but he picked an easy battle n didn't have to do much to win...out of the actually good rappers that called him out who do you think back to back woulda worked against???
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wait what

But seriously...

Look stop crying clearly Drake won but he picked an easy battle n didn't have to do much to win...out of the actually good rappers that called him out who do you think back to back woulda worked against???

Meek did more then call him out, he was trying to destroy his career. He's had people ? jokes or subliminals aimed in his direction in the past but meek went for a career killer. That's why drakes reaction was so justified.
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    Options

Wait what

But seriously...

Drake didn't choose this battle he responded like ar ab..

People do y'all remember Joe budden threw jabs? Then meek went at drake... Back 2 back only came about because meek was running his mouth on twitter.

I'm no drake Stan.. But y'all keep calling him a trouble maker in this beef. The machine. Like he started it.
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »

Wait what

But seriously...

Meek did more then call him out, he was trying to destroy his career. He's had people ? jokes or subliminals aimed in his direction in the past but meek went for a career killer. That's why drakes reaction was so justified.

U right I'm just saying back to back wasn't crazy like ? saying
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/meek-mills-drake-beef-is-affecting-pinkprint-tour-ticket-sales-news.17054.html
    Meek Mill's Beef With Drake Is Hurting "Pinkprint Tour" Ticket Sales

"Pinkprint Tour" ticket prices have been way down since Meek Mill first took shots at Drake.

Though he recently removed his diss track "Wanna Know" from Soundcloud, Meek Mill has been the instigator at just about every stage of his beef with Drake, with repeated jabs taken at Drizzy at various stops along the Pinkprint Tour.

It appears that the beef, and Meek's refusal to let it go, has cost the Pinkprint Tour significant revenue in ticket sales. According to Philly.com, ticket prices fell from an average of $179 to an average of $148 between July 20 and OVO Fest two weeks later, a two-week span that saw the release of both of Drake disses as well as Meek's response.

Ticket prices typically experience a steady, natural decline over the course of a tour, however the sudden, sharp decline in Pinkprint Tour ticket prices indicates external forces at work.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2015/08/meek-mill-beef-with-drake-may-have-hurt-pinkprint-tour-sales/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=meek-mill-beef-with-drake-may-have-hurt-pinkprint-tour-sales
    Meek Mill’s Beef With Drake May Have Hurt Nicki Minaj’s Pinkprint Tour Sales

Is that a world tour, or your girl’s tour, or a tour that suffered financially due to things you made happen with your iPhone? Meek Mill recently ran back his grievances with Drake–ghostwriters, getting peed on, you know, rapper things–going so far as to remove his diss track from Soundcloud. (Drake can’t remove his disses from Billboard, but that’s another story.) But even if the beef is dead, it’s had demonstrable effects on ticket sales for Nicki Minaj’s The Pinkprint Tour, for which Meek is the opening act. As Philly.com reports, ticket prices for the show fell from an average of $179 to an average of $148 between July 20 and the end of OVO Fest two weeks later. That’s a drop of nearly 20 percent, which far outpaces the small, gradual decline in prices that most major tours see. The two-week period in question included both Drake disses, “Charged Up” and “Back to Back,” and Meek’s response, “Wanna Know.”

Shows over that period took place in a diverse cross section of cities, from Miami to Brooklyn to Montreal to Atlanta. Fortunately for Meek, the bottoming-out didn’t affect his homecoming show. Ticket prices for the August 6 Pinkprint stop in Camden, NJ., actually rose, in sharp contrast with the rest of the slated concerts. (Camden is roughly five miles from Meek’s native Philadelphia.) The tour wraps up next Wednesday (Aug. 19) after a trio of Canadian dates in Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton. It’s probably safe to assume that during those shows, there will be no more shots thrown Aubrey’s way.

The tour ends tomorrow, so I'm wondering when Nicki Minaj will officially end the relationship with Meek....a couples days later?, a week later?, a month later?......All I know is that if I was betting money, I would bet on her leaving him soon.
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    Options
    Nicki not leaving him.. Unless she read this board.. Cause in the limelight... That's a good career choice
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/meek-mills-drake-beef-is-affecting-pinkprint-tour-ticket-sales-news.17054.html
    Meek Mill's Beef With Drake Is Hurting "Pinkprint Tour" Ticket Sales

"Pinkprint Tour" ticket prices have been way down since Meek Mill first took shots at Drake.

Though he recently removed his diss track "Wanna Know" from Soundcloud, Meek Mill has been the instigator at just about every stage of his beef with Drake, with repeated jabs taken at Drizzy at various stops along the Pinkprint Tour.

It appears that the beef, and Meek's refusal to let it go, has cost the Pinkprint Tour significant revenue in ticket sales. According to Philly.com, ticket prices fell from an average of $179 to an average of $148 between July 20 and OVO Fest two weeks later, a two-week span that saw the release of both of Drake disses as well as Meek's response.

Ticket prices typically experience a steady, natural decline over the course of a tour, however the sudden, sharp decline in Pinkprint Tour ticket prices indicates external forces at work.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2015/08/meek-mill-beef-with-drake-may-have-hurt-pinkprint-tour-sales/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=meek-mill-beef-with-drake-may-have-hurt-pinkprint-tour-sales
    Meek Mill’s Beef With Drake May Have Hurt Nicki Minaj’s Pinkprint Tour Sales

Is that a world tour, or your girl’s tour, or a tour that suffered financially due to things you made happen with your iPhone? Meek Mill recently ran back his grievances with Drake–ghostwriters, getting peed on, you know, rapper things–going so far as to remove his diss track from Soundcloud. (Drake can’t remove his disses from Billboard, but that’s another story.) But even if the beef is dead, it’s had demonstrable effects on ticket sales for Nicki Minaj’s The Pinkprint Tour, for which Meek is the opening act. As Philly.com reports, ticket prices for the show fell from an average of $179 to an average of $148 between July 20 and the end of OVO Fest two weeks later. That’s a drop of nearly 20 percent, which far outpaces the small, gradual decline in prices that most major tours see. The two-week period in question included both Drake disses, “Charged Up” and “Back to Back,” and Meek’s response, “Wanna Know.”

Shows over that period took place in a diverse cross section of cities, from Miami to Brooklyn to Montreal to Atlanta. Fortunately for Meek, the bottoming-out didn’t affect his homecoming show. Ticket prices for the August 6 Pinkprint stop in Camden, NJ., actually rose, in sharp contrast with the rest of the slated concerts. (Camden is roughly five miles from Meek’s native Philadelphia.) The tour wraps up next Wednesday (Aug. 19) after a trio of Canadian dates in Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton. It’s probably safe to assume that during those shows, there will be no more shots thrown Aubrey’s way.

The tour ends tomorrow, so I'm wondering when Nicki Minaj will officially end the relationship with Meek....a couples days later?, a week later?, a month later?......All I know is that if I was betting money, I would bet on her leaving him soon.

this doesn't directly hurt nikki or the primary venue. Nikki is already getting a set amount per show. Most times the venue isn't making that much off resale as most of the secondary market is outside of ticketmaster. So those fluctuating prices are resold tickets already purchased from the venue.

also given the fact meek was in the middle of a beef i bet you the venue had increased sales at concessions because people came in earlier than usual to see what meek would do. I am sure a few thousand people would have showed up later and bought less food and drinks if meed didn't have a beef. But since he was catching L's more people came to the show early to see if he would live diss drake.

that said meek still lost tho
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Back to back was meh at best.....but as much as I hate to say it the ? got the job done so there's nothing really left to be said bout this
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Riiiiiiiiiight... lyin ass. We know damn well he was waiting for things to die down >_>
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see Meek Mills and Drake preform R.I.C.O at the MTV music awards or any award show after as a sign of peace.