Jay-Z Almost Ended 2 pac's Career: DJ Clark Kent Reveals Jay-Z Recorded A 2Pac Diss

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
The maxim says that you don’t speak ill of the dead, and Jay Z has never been one to offend the spirit world. To wit, DJ Clark Kent appeared on the latest episode of ItsTheReal’s A Waste of Time podcast and revealed that Hov had actually recorded a scathing diss track aimed at 2 Pac before the latter passed away. ”Jay did a record going at Pac,” the producer says, “but right as it was about to go out, son died.” There are, however a select few people who heard it: “We performed it though. We was at the Apollo. It was scathing. Crowds was like, ‘Oh, sh*t’.” 2Pac died in September, 1996, two months after Jay Z’s Reasonable Doubt came out; in November of the same year, Death Row dropped The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory. On the opening track from that album, “Bomb First (My Second Reply),” Pac raps, “I’m a Bad Boy killer/Jay Z, die, too.”

Kent, who produced “Cashmere Thoughts,” “Coming of Age” and the Biggie-featuring “Brooklyn’s Finest” from Reasonable Doubt, goes on: “The chip on Jay’s shoulder is so crazy that it’s just like he had to perform” the song. “If [Pac] was alive, there would have been no coming back. To me, it probably was one of the hardest diss records I’ve ever heard.” He admits that he didn’t even want a copy of the record for himself, saying, “I know I would have figured out a way to play it.”

Comments

• Laverne9x7
    Laverne9x7 Members Posts: 47
    Options
    I don't get it. :/
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I heard the diss they're talking about.I think Jay had a diss out after pac died on mixtapes.? hard to find now.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At that point, Jay would of sabbataged his own career if he dropped that dis. ESPECIALLY if somehow Big also didn't die. Who's to say Jay wouldn't of been desperate enough to come at Big if his feud with Pac blew up in his face? It's all a bunch of should'a, could'a, who gives a ? to me.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? sounded like Meek Mills man's before they released that diss track.

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? sounded like Meek Mills man's before they released that diss track.
  • Tupacthadon1971
    Tupacthadon1971 Members Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm a die hard Pac fan to the core....i've just never gotten into Jay other than Ja rippin his 'can i get a'' verse...96..of course...lets go at the king.....i don't feel he was at a point in his career to even deal what was going on....if Jay woulda got smoked instead of Big i'da let it slide...i just don't like the dude at all
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Not sure if this the track he talkin bout, but Jay z was rumored to diss Pac after he died

Judgin from the,title of the song, the lyrics, specifically the first verse, it would seem so

"Dead or Alive" featuring Sauce Money
    Download the Android app

[JAY Z: Intro]
    Everything must be addressed though
    You know?
    Nothing slides
    Word up
    It's murda
    Dead or alive

[JAY Z: Verse 1]
    My skills are and will remain ahead of you guys
    And ain't nothing gon' change that (dead or alive)
    Any ill feelings I harbor y'all can blame it on the vibe
    Don't know when to let go and let young souls die

Cause ? dissing me ain't nothing new understand
    But it's how I retaliate which defines who I am
    Jay Z, ain't nothing dead or alive playing me
    I take beef to the grave that's how my momma raised me

She told me "fight in your afterlife, never revamp your story"
    So heaven or hell ? better have some answers for me
    Hollering ? from 89, Hawaiian Sophie

? damn y'all been on my ? a long time

[JAY Z: Verse 3]
    If it's jewels you like
    You fools gonna ? around and lose your life
    And I just bruise your wife
    Don't get it confused right cause we in the spotlight
    Still I hold the Glock with the wrist twist like these
    Gangsta ? no thanks to ?
    ? selling a million records more banks to split
    JAY Z ? who you think this is?
    Introduction Sauce ? crank this ?

Sauce Money had verses 2 and 4

http://genius.com/Jay-z-dead-or-alive-part-1-disses-2pac-lyrics

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r3g25n0mIzo
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if jay wouldve dropped that ? in '96 he would have been the next chino xl, stretch, jimmy henchman or any other no name scrub who got steamrolled and forgotten. instead of ending pac's career by dropping that ? he saved his own by keeping it in his pocket.

he knew the level of dude he was going up against which is why he destroyed that ? himself after pac died. ? -z couldnt handle pac in death so just imagine what would have happened if he was still alive. lmfao. ? wouldve been like a mac truck running over a possum.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    This is random as ? . He must of caught Beyonce listening to 7 Day Theory on Tidal

No they probably asked him "what's the hardest diss he has heard" in the midst of the drake meek mill ? ?

But one of my favorite jayz quotes coming from an interview in 98 I think when the interviewer asked him about the jayz pac beef

"What am I to do? Begrudge the guy after he's gone"
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But this shows me either pac didn't have long left at the top of the rap game when he died or New York rap was going to be restricted to like 3 artist because if pac stays alive a couple more weeks, he would have jayz and prodigy tearin him a new one on record and nyc in support of it. Pac would have to do more than hit em up to sustain that.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »
    But this shows me either pac didn't have long left at the top of the rap game when he died or New York rap was going to be restricted to like 3 artist because if pac stays alive a couple more weeks, he would have jayz and prodigy tearin him a new one on record and nyc in support of it. Pac would have to do more than hit em up to sustain that.

lol. pac wasnt even going after ? -z. he sicked the outlawz on him and they were tearing his up. the outlawz were ? teenagers and they were killing him. thats like memphis bleek and amele shutting down snoop or the dogg pound. thats how ridicoulous and one sided the so called beef was. edi mean and kastro was punking the ? out of ? -z. stepping down to the level of chino xl, mobb deep and the fugees was beneath pac but stepping down even lower to go after ? -z was unthinkable which is why he put the lil' homies on him.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUwdjikLzAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVBG3VT7fzU

all out og version
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pH6UBUohiw&list=RD_pH6UBUohiw

all out oulawz version