Jay-Z Almost Ended 2 pac's Career: DJ Clark Kent Reveals Jay-Z Recorded A 2Pac Diss

Options

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Lyrically, many many rappers could have killed Pac including Jay.

#FactsOnly

At that time who? would have stopped dude from selling 5 million records in 2 months
    no shots at you but you can tell when ? just started listening too rap...

Nobody back then could stop this dude...yea diss records could have been made, but them ? would have fell on deaf ears like folks stated, this dude was in his own lane...especially, especially when he got outta jail and California Love dropped..smh..

Fam I was in Brooklyn the day Ready To Die dropped, and I'm from the UK...I been on this rap ? for years.

Pac fans think he was ? ...in actually fact he was an avarage rapper, but as a whole Pac has become an icon. Not just for his music, but some of his strong beliefs.

But he was follower, he followed Suge to his death.

He had a ace in his hand in the fact he ? Faith....no rapper can come back from that. But if it was a straight lyrically battle, Biggie would have murdered him.

Fam you do know in 95 Pac was in jail and Biggie took off

Pac could be an average rapper, that's your opinion, nothing wrong with that, but to say the dude wasn't the biggest ? in rap in 96 is a lie...and to say anybody could have went against him is another done damage is another lie...

What rapper at that time could have went at Pac when he got out of jail and done damage to his career?
    Nobody at that time, was like dayum such and such went at Pac on this track...or man such and such giving Pac a run...Dude was in his own lane..Lol...

Was this when Pac was in jail for ? ? Cause I could have used that (the ? conviction) in a rap and ended his career. If used correctly, any decent rapper could have had the people hating Pac for some of his actions.

This is just a quick example of how Pac was not untouchable.

Cosign. A good rapper like Nas, Biggie or Jay Z could have used the fact that he's a convicted ? in a diss record.
    _? _ wrote: »
    Lyrically, many many rappers could have killed Pac including Jay.

#FactsOnly

At that time who? would have stopped dude from selling 5 million records in 2 months
    no shots at you but you can tell when ? just started listening too rap...

Nobody back then could stop this dude...yea diss records could have been made, but them ? would have fell on deaf ears like folks stated, this dude was in his own lane...especially, especially when he got outta jail and California Love dropped..smh..

Fam I was in Brooklyn the day Ready To Die dropped, and I'm from the UK...I been on this rap ? for years.

Pac fans think he was ? ...in actually fact he was an avarage rapper, but as a whole Pac has become an icon. Not just for his music, but some of his strong beliefs.

But he was follower, he followed Suge to his death.

He had a ace in his hand in the fact he ? Faith....no rapper can come back from that. But if it was a straight lyrically battle, Biggie would have murdered him.

Fam you do know in 95 Pac was in jail and Biggie took off

Pac could be an average rapper, that's your opinion, nothing wrong with that, but to say the dude wasn't the biggest ? in rap in 96 is a lie...and to say anybody could have went against him is another done damage is another lie...

What rapper at that time could have went at Pac when he got out of jail and done damage to his career?
    Nobody at that time, was like dayum such and such went at Pac on this track...or man such and such giving Pac a run...Dude was in his own lane..Lol...

He's a white boy from the U.K. who's late to the game and was residing (allegedly) in Biggie's hometown. So of course he says that. He's an uniformed idiot who's an outsider

He was not big at all in nyc , no pun intended

This is true. I was living in the East Coast (Boston) and we didn't listen to 2Pac at all. I was into Wu Tang, Boot Camp Click, DITC, Gang Starr, Jeru the Damaja, Nas at the time. I didn't like 2Pac's style or West Coast rap.

There were a few West Coast rap songs I liked like Nuthin But A G Thing, Keep Their Heads Ringin, Regulate and California Love but generally speaking we didn't listen to West Coast Rap. Or I didn't listen to West Coast Rap.

I didn't even hear ? until several years after it came out.

My point is, not everybody was listening to 2Pac or Death Row music.

Having said that, 2 Pac's music has grown on me over the years. I think Me Again's the World is a classic album and I bump the hell out of So Many Tears, Lord Knows, Death Around The Corner, Dear Mama and Heavy In The Game.

Pac addressed that on here tho

https://youtu.be/9FkXu7vuvd4

Plus the ? conviction was ? . Ain't no way a Man, let alone a Black Man could get away with that unscathed but he did. That should tell you something

He sounds like a bumbling idiot in that interview
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mobb Deep was a bigger threat for Pac than Jay was during that time. Thats true facts.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube wasn't pushing that amount of albums in 96 folk...That ? wasn't selling 5 million in 2 months off 2 videos

@Cain..come on now folks...matter of fact, he team up to form the westside connection and was doing that whole bow down ? ..that's when Pac checked him on that ? ..wanting to ride on his wave Lol..come on big brother
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    killing him on wax ≠ stopping his industry momentum

Folk

you stated this, but who is hearing this record??

When you got a ? doing 5 million in 2 months off 2 videos..and I'm not even counting how he's all on your TV screen and radio..Who is really checking for an unknown ? that's making a diss record that most have never heard of??

? down south hadn't even heard of Jay-Z in 96 to be real about the whole situation..

and only Queens ? heard of 50 Cent when he dropped "Your life's on the line"...
    Only South Bronx ? heard of KRS when he dropped the Bridge is Over...
    etc etc

there is the culture and there is the industry...

A lot of people are rap fans morseo hip-hop fans @Brother_Five so the culture is not taken as serious

Big brother Cain, you was around at that time...folk you should know that if a ? wasn't on 2pac's platform..or in some type of light, a diss record aim'd at him was falling on deaf ears...
    The only, only person at that time that could have made a little noise would have been Biggie himself or Mobb Deep, Nas etc..those who were 'known', none of them D lister ass rappers would have made any noise..

Lol Cube could've went at Pac(not saying they had beef or he would have) and shut him down. Cube had more fans and was selling as well. Big could've went at Pac but Puff shut that down. Nas like you said could've went at dude as well but they handled their business. Wutang as well but they squashed their little beef too.

Pac had the Deathrow machine behind him. ? moreso feared Suge than Pac. We're not going to act like rapper's wasn't selling when Pac popped on the scene. Him going to jail and going at cops made him (in)famous. That made ? care about his music more. To say he was a lyrical killer on the mic was

Oh and 95% of the ? on this board never listened to a Pac album before MATW so I don't respect their opinions.

@Knock_Twice

Lol..Pac called out them ? for trying to get on the bangwagon and Cube didn't say anything Lol..what you mean he could have...then why he didn't especially if he's been in beefs before? Come on big brother, you know and I know Cube knew at that time, if he would have went at Pac, his career would have been on the line...he was taking a chance on that...

Big had nothing on dude to go at Pac, Puffy held Big back Lol when he (Puffy) was taking shots too..come on Cain..I aint one of these 95% dudes on this boards...I may have not been a teenager but I was around folk heavy..And the Deathrow machine had nothing to do with ? going at Pac..They were a record company just like any record company that was out folk, Them ? just had the biggest rapper at the time that was tearing through ? ..
    All these ppl Pac went at and you mean to tell me NOT one was man enough to make a song about this ? ?? and yall saying oh they could've did this and that now??

Your arguments just became ? when you typed the bold. Lmao WTF

It's a known fact what Deathrow was doing to people. Luke just spoke on it in the Breakfast Club

You wrong homie. Talent meant just as much for marketing purposes just as much or moreso than the gimmick. That "underground" ? doesn't fly on this one

Not saying that some weren't overlooked but it was totally different back then. You could've had the best gimmick and powers that be behind you but if you weren't great then your ? "didn't matter"
  • supergangster
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Lets all be real Pac was nice so was Biggie

if we think about 93-96

I'd say

1.Nas
    2.Prodigy
    3.Pac
    4.Biggie
    5.Raekwon
    6.Ghostface
    7.Outkast
    8.Wu Tang
    9.AZ
    10.Snoop
    11.Jay
  • supergangster
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Man ya ? is some joke do you really think Pac gave a ? bout Jay like that?

You do not know anything bout rap history. If you do your research about who Pac mention the most in his disses it would be 1.Nas.2.Biggie 3.Mobb Deep. I didn't heard about Pac goin at Jay at all.

? im so ? off this board got so many jay z stans..
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    It's crazy I'm not a pac Stan but yall be slobbibn pac n yall facts be wrong. Pac wasn't convicted of ? he was convicted of ? n sum other ? .

Pac dissed a lot of ? . He didn't end nobody career.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options

You do not know anything bout rap history. If you do your research about who Pac mention the most in his disses it would be 1.Nas.2.Biggie 3.Mobb Deep. I didn't heard about Pac goin at Jay at all.

then listen closer stupid

I swear you and murdrap or whatever are the same person with how stupid your comments are
  • supergangster
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I rank Prodigy high thats the thing. People don't like P as I do. Thats the thing. The Infamous & Hell On Earth is better than anything Jay have made. Thats true facts. If u dont like it eat a ? ! I don't care. Its what I think and how I feel.

I am not tryin to say Jay is wack but during Pac was alive there could not be possible for Jay to ? Pac career. ? thats true facts ? Nas didn't even feel him during that time he was supposed to be on reasonable doubt but Nas said he didn't feel Jay like that, he was not a fan at all. And now ppl claim Reasonable Doubt is the GOAT album? ? ?
    bck145 wrote: »

I swear you and murdrap or whatever are the same person with how stupid your comments are

• Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube wasn't pushing that amount of albums in 96 folk...That ? wasn't selling 5 million in 2 months off 2 videos

@Cain..come on now folks...matter of fact, he team up to form the westside connection and was doing that whole bow down ? ..that's when Pac checked him on that ? ..wanting to ride on his wave Lol..come on big brother

Folk

When you got a ? doing 5 million in 2 months off 2 videos..and I'm not even counting how he's all on your TV screen and radio..Who is really checking for an unknown ? that's making a diss record that most have never heard of??

? down south hadn't even heard of Jay-Z in 96 to be real about the whole situation..

etc etc

A lot of people are rap fans morseo hip-hop fans @Brother_Five so the culture is not taken as serious

Big brother Cain, you was around at that time...folk you should know that if a ? wasn't on 2pac's platform..or in some type of light, a diss record aim'd at him was falling on deaf ears...
    The only, only person at that time that could have made a little noise would have been Biggie himself or Mobb Deep, Nas etc..those who were 'known', none of them D lister ass rappers would have made any noise..

Lol Cube could've went at Pac(not saying they had beef or he would have) and shut him down. Cube had more fans and was selling as well. Big could've went at Pac but Puff shut that down. Nas like you said could've went at dude as well but they handled their business. Wutang as well but they squashed their little beef too.

Pac had the Deathrow machine behind him. ? moreso feared Suge than Pac. We're not going to act like rapper's wasn't selling when Pac popped on the scene. Him going to jail and going at cops made him (in)famous. That made ? care about his music more. To say he was a lyrical killer on the mic was

Oh and 95% of the ? on this board never listened to a Pac album before MATW so I don't respect their opinions.

@Knock_Twice

Lol..Pac called out them ? for trying to get on the bangwagon and Cube didn't say anything Lol..what you mean he could have...then why he didn't especially if he's been in beefs before? Come on big brother, you know and I know Cube knew at that time, if he would have went at Pac, his career would have been on the line...he was taking a chance on that...

Big had nothing on dude to go at Pac, Puffy held Big back Lol when he (Puffy) was taking shots too..come on Cain..I aint one of these 95% dudes on this boards...I may have not been a teenager but I was around folk heavy..And the Deathrow machine had nothing to do with ? going at Pac..They were a record company just like any record company that was out folk, Them ? just had the biggest rapper at the time that was tearing through ? ..
    All these ppl Pac went at and you mean to tell me NOT one was man enough to make a song about this ? ?? and yall saying oh they could've did this and that now??

Your arguments just became ? when you typed the bold. Lmao WTF

It's a known fact what Deathrow was doing to people. Luke just spoke on it in the Breakfast Club

You wrong homie. Talent meant just as much for marketing purposes just as much or moreso than the gimmick. That "underground" ? doesn't fly on this one

Not saying that some weren't overlooked but it was totally different back then. You could've had the best gimmick and powers that be behind you but if you weren't great then your ? "didn't matter"

Ok.........apparently I wasn't around when all this ? popped off so y'all got this. Lol smh

Pac stans are hilarious I swear.

I feel you folk, but I own no (real) CDs by this dude...

Just barbershop talk folk

• bck145
    Options
    I rank Prodigy high thats the thing. People don't like P as I do. Thats the thing. The Infamous & Hell On Earth is better than anything Jay have made. Thats true facts. If u dont like it eat a ? ! I don't care. Its what I think and how I feel.

none of that is facts, it's opinon....read what you just typed out smh

you need to stop posting on these boards and work on your life
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Knock_Twice addressing ? as "folk" got me dying
  • supergangster
    edited August 2015
    Options

none of that is facts, it's opinon....read what you just typed out smh

you need to stop posting on these boards and work on your life

work on your life? my life is better than yours. u are in ur feelings aint u?
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Folk

etc etc

@Knock_Twice

And the Deathrow machine had nothing to do with ? going at Pac..They were a record company just like any record company that was out folk, Them ? just had the biggest rapper at the time that was tearing through ? ..

Hit em up came out june 1996, that dude was dead three months later. It wasn't like you could go run to studio and have an album out in an hour and get it around the world, ? took time and a real studio, not sitting at home on a computer, to make a song.

On top of that ppl did make songs and more would have come out, had he not went and got himself shot and killed. Then ppl pulled their songs from albums out of respect.

In this pac tale y'all keep telling you act as if it was years and years of being on ppls necks. He came out of jail and was just making songs and subliminals then the interviews in vibe got things bubbling, then hit em up came out, he really started going in heavy, and then he died. Trust me those fall albums from east coast artists would have been going at that dude crazy. When have you known nyc to go run and cower from a ? ?

Nas and them stepped to him at the awards, so what you mean ppl was scared and shook? You guys don't have the full story, you had three months of pac going ham, then you have death. And his actions were leading that way one way or another. There is no "if he lived" cause he couldn't have. Not with his reckless behavior at that time.

To paint him as some wild cowbot that had the whole rap world shook is disingenuous. It's sad tis is the pac that is most remembered, because it was self destructive and foolish and led to two of the biggest rappers getting gunned down, yet ppl worship that dumb ? as if he was doing good things.

The best pac was pre deathrow, me against the world, imo when he was taking it to them white folks politically, talkibg about uplifting communities and showing love for all black ppl. That's the ? that had him being a hip hop bob marley and that's the ? that touched ppl.

Gtfoh with giving high praise to the paranoid gangsta pac for "shutting everyone down." Also its unfair that ppl count the disses on makaveli album as wins when he was already dead at its release. How can you respond to a dead ? ? But that solidified "oh ? he killing them" in a lot of ppls minds.

Like I said I love pac, I love biggie, I love hiphop. I accept the good with the bad, but y'all can't rewrite the history.
  • bck145
    Options

Folk

etc etc

@Knock_Twice

And the Deathrow machine had nothing to do with ? going at Pac..They were a record company just like any record company that was out folk, Them ? just had the biggest rapper at the time that was tearing through ? ..

Hit em up came out june 1996, that dude was dead three months later. It wasn't like you could go run to studio and have an album out in an hour and get it around the world, ? took time and a real studio, not sitting at home on a computer, to make a song.

On top of that ppl did make songs and more would have come out, had he not went and got himself shot and killed. Then ppl pulled their songs from albums out of respect.

In this pac tale y'all keep telling you act as if it was years and years of being on ppls necks. He came out of jail and was just making songs and subliminals then the interviews in vibe got things bubbling, then hit em up came out, he really started going in heavy, and then he died. Trust me those fall albums from east coast artists would have been going at that dude crazy. When have you known nyc to go run and cower from a ? ?

Nas and them stepped to him at the awards, so what you mean ppl was scared and shook? You guys don't have the full story, you had three months of pac going ham, then you have death. And his actions were leading that way one way or another. There is no "if he lived" cause he couldn't have. Not with his reckless behavior at that time.

To paint him as some wild cowbot that had the whole rap world shook is disingenuous. It's sad tis is the pac that is most remembered, because it was self destructive and foolish and led to two of the biggest rappers getting gunned down, yet ppl worship that dumb ? as if he was doing good things.

The best pac was pre deathrow, me against the world, imo when he was taking it to them white folks politically, talkibg about uplifting communities and showing love for all black ppl. That's the ? that had him being a hip hop bob marley and that's the ? that touched ppl.

Gtfoh with giving high praise to the paranoid gangsta pac for "shutting everyone down." Also its unfair that ppl count the disses on makaveli album as wins when he was already dead at its release. How can you respond to a dead ? ? But that solidified "oh ? he killing them" in a lot of ppls minds.

Like I said I love pac, I love biggie, I love hiphop. I accept the good with the bad, but y'all can't rewrite the history.

your info is faulty
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am not tryin to say Jay is wack but during Pac was alive there could not be possible for Jay to ? Pac career. ? thats true facts ? Nas didn't even feel him during that time he was supposed to be on reasonable doubt but Nas said he didn't feel Jay like that, he was not a fan at all. And now ppl claim Reasonable Doubt is the GOAT album? ? ?

Yeah no doubt. I never understood the Revisionist claiming "Reasonable Doubt" is a Classic. It's got some good music on there but calling it a Classic just becuz it's Jay-Z and it's from that Golden Era is crazy
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Jay Everybody in the game aint want that problem. lol

• supergangster
    Options
    @tompetrez3 do you agree with me that The Infamous is better than Reasonable Doubt? IF u agree just click on cosign u dont need to answer the post!
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options

Folk

You really believe that?
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Folk

etc etc

@Knock_Twice

your info is faulty

Well here some #facts for you
    Your boy pac was ? in jail
    He was being extorted by everyone
    Suge was stealing so much money from him that even birdman would say "got damn"
    And his ? got shot the ? up by orlando anderson...yeah, some random ? killed this dude that had "everyone shook"

Rip

P.s. jay and nas and puff still living
    Now you tell me who won, I see them they run
    Lolol

hukhmp.jpg
    aef5638a90769806c4b84183494543d2.500x333x18.gif

• bck145
    Options

Folk

etc etc

@Knock_Twice

your info is faulty

Well here some #facts for you
    Your boy pac was ? in jail
    He was being extorted by everyone
    Suge was stealing so much money from him that even birdman would say "got damn"
    And his ? got shot the ? up by orlando anderson...yeah, some random ? killed this dude that had "everyone shook"

Rip

P.s. jay and nas and puff still living
    Now you tell me who won, I see them they run
    Lolol

hukhmp.jpg
    aef5638a90769806c4b84183494543d2.500x333x18.gif

ok well if those are facts...then supply the evidence
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The West coast destroyed New York it was a clean sweep 4-0.

Pac won against Biggie,Nas,Mobb Deep and Jay z all the supposed east coast elite rappers. The real winners out the east is Methodman and redman who did songs with pac during the beef.

? and Red >>>>>>