$200K Lawsuit Filed Against Birdman By Producer DVLP For Non Payment...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/17/birdman-sued-by-lil-wayne-producer-dvlp-for-nonpayment/
Over the years producer DVLP a.k.a. Develop has produced a ton of songs for Lil Wayne, including "Blunt Blowin," "Fireman," "What's Wrong With Them" and "Talkin Bout It."

According the DVLP, Birdman has failed to pay him for some of his work.

TMZ reports that the producer has filed a $200,000 lawsuit against the Cash Money Records co-owner.

The website obtained text messages between the two. In them Birdman acknowledges the debt and promises to make it right, but that allegedly hasn't happened.

Read the exchange below.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Comments

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder up much birdman really has if you deduct his money by all the lawsuits
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Inb4 DVLP's tour bus (or whatever the ? he rides) is sprayed up
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gman82 wrote: »
    I can't understand why people still do business with cash money in 2015
    He keep finding hungry ? looking to get on. Rappers are notoriously cheap about production when it starts getting expensive due to success.

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Desperate tbh... Tryna get that foot in the door. Baby preys on ? like that. Although, IIRC, DVLP isn't exactly new to this.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? dvlp needs to take a number
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    knew birdman was too fulla ? when he said he learned and started lettin universal pay producers
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    c/s earlier posts tho, ? walk into it knowing if mannie fresh aint got all the way paid why would u
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? in his 40s, typing like he 16. smh
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

I was just havin a conversation with this white dude who shoot videos for hella "on" rappers in Atlanta about the Birdman interview and he was tryna explain to me how Birdman is just a guy who handles business...he's cut throat but he handles business like everybody else and people just get salty...

I'm tryna to point out to him that EVERYBODY that has ever done business with Cash Money has left on bad terms...thatsh it aint ordinary...even in the music business. Then it hit me...all that slick ? he was talking in the interview works on people.

We had the luxury of being able to watch him on video and pause after he would say some ? and then be like "huh?" ... when he's in your face and he say all that ? with money everywhere right when you're brain is tryna process what he's saying he'll just be like "here pleighboi have some more lobster everybody eats in the fam. you see all this money you think you ain't gonna get your cut? It's all gonna get worked out loosen up we made it out the gutta"

Basically Baby is a ? , and these ? doing business with him are selling themselves out, because he sold them a dream.

The question still remains is how ? still ? with him with his style of business has been public for a while?

Only person I can think of recently who turn Cash Money down was 2 Chainz. I guess you can count those Rich Gang ? since they didnt sign.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Birdman treating these producers like student athletes. Giving full ride scholarships to drop a beat for YMCMB but he act like paying a producer is a violation of the RIAA.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not reading all that ? cause its too long But ... You think these people would learn by now this dude has compensation issues.