Where Do You Rank Kid N Play As Hip Hop Legends?

Options
124»

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited August 2015
    Options
    How many times ? gon say " I think they had a cartoon" RIGHT AFTER the first guy already said it, and the youtube of their cartoon was dropped ya ADD in HD ass nuccas..
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Kid n play was ok for one school year. After house party 1 it was a wrap. They had their lane and played their position but that corny ? wasnt built to last. If not for the movie (rip robin harris), their dancing and fine ass tisha campbell they would've been on vanilla ice, hammer and mase status which for the most part i think they are on anyway

MC Hammer was live as ? .. kys Mase debut album was tight da ? does Vanilla ice have to do with it
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kid n play was ok for one school year. After house party 1 it was a wrap. They had their lane and played their position but that corny ? wasnt built to last. If not for the movie (rip robin harris), their dancing and fine ass tisha campbell they would've been on vanilla ice, hammer and mase status which for the most part i think they are on anyway

MC Hammer was live as ? .. kys Mase debut album was tight da ? does Vanilla ice have to do with it
    Smh at this clown not seeing any similarities between vanilla ice & kid n play. Obviously u werent around during that era. Besides i cant take anyone who vouches for mase seriously anyway. Eat a dead mans ? ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smh at this clown not seeing any similarities between vanilla ice & kid n play. Obviously u werent around during that era. Besides i cant take anyone who vouches for mase seriously anyway. Eat a dead mans ? ?

a ? necro thats some new ? .
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There more known as actors than rappers
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Lol at after House Party 1 it was a wrap as if they didn't make 3 other movies after. that So ? rapping about partying and having a good time is corny ? ? That means about 99.8% of rappers from between like 1979-1991 are corny then because that's the majority of rapper's musical history up until gangsta rap because the forefront in the 90's and every rapper turned into super thug
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Lol at after House Party 1 it was a wrap as if they didn't make 3 other movies after. that So ? rapping about partying and having a good time is corny ? ? That means about 99.8% of rappers from between like 1979-1991 are corny then because that's the majority of rapper's musical history up until gangsta rap because the forefront in the 90's and every rapper turned into super thug

How many kid n play albums/soundtracks did u buy?
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the beat to "Yo Baby Yo" in House Party 2 was crazy...........and "Stone Cold Gentleman" (Ralph T) album came out about the same time as the movie, so it help it blow up.....

and yeah I tried the over the leg move as a kid in the 80s when House Party came out..I could never do the move, many of us tried and failed lmfao ............
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They definitely deserve one of those commemorations on a hip hop honors type show

They exhibited hip hop thru and thru from records to movies

And I think they even had a cartoon
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kalecrunch wrote: »
    @Busta Carmichael

You tried to clown a poster about asking if they had a Kid n Play Cartoon with the Larry Fishburne Gif

but it turned out they really did have a televised cartoon which I just posted
    So I wacked u.

Your post was kinda ? why clown a ? for asking if they had a cartoon like he is just suppose to believe u without proof?

*edited
    ? ???

I was the one who said they had a cartoon!

And then and hour later he came in saying "yeah but didn't they have a cartoon?"

The laurence fishbourne gif means "That's what I said ? "
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't they have a cartoon too?
    Yup they had a comic book too. Kid n Play were mainstream as ? without having to ?
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »
    Always were wack juice. Not legendary at all IMO.

Ban this ? before he exceeds to 10 posts

I'm prolly older then you guys. I guess you were little kids into ? like Kid n Play and MC Hammer while I was listening to real emcees. No offense.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feelings for responding a year later
  • smp4life
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

I don't look at this board every 5 minutes dude.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options

It's literally a year later my dude!
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Kalecrunch wrote: »
    @Busta Carmichael

You tried to clown a poster about asking if they had a Kid n Play Cartoon with the Larry Fishburne Gif

but it turned out they really did have a televised cartoon which I just posted
    So I wacked u.

Your post was kinda ? why clown a ? for asking if they had a cartoon like he is just suppose to believe u without proof?

*edited
    ? ???

I was the one who said they had a cartoon!

And then and hour later he came in saying "yeah but didn't they have a cartoon?"

The laurence fishbourne gif means "That's what I said ? "
    maxresdefault.jpg

018bc2F.gif

Exactly what I was thinking
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't they have a cartoon on ABC?
  • Da Homey Six Deuce
    Da Homey Six Deuce Members Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know they had ghostwriters right...................... ;-)
  • smp4life
    Options

Using the word literally incorrectly chief. Pay attention is school.
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Didn't they have a cartoon on ABC?

NBC every Saturday morning they would the NBC cartoon lineup with Sinbad
  • double jay
    double jay Members Posts: 70 ✭✭
    Options
    When I think of the term legends, I think in terms of the Hall of Fame. For example, you can get your bat in the HOF if you were to hit 6 hr's in a game. But if that's all you do, you wont be a Hall of Famer. That's kind of how I view these guys. They scored 110 points in a game once (House Party), but that was their career highlight. But the ball and the shoes used from that 110 point game, will go to the Hall.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was a teenager when they were big. They had a series of videos that got played on Yo! MTV Raps and Rap City;

Do This My Way
    Getting Funky
    Rollin With Kid N Play

^^^ Those videos were on heavy rotation and this was before House Party. They were lighthearted and fun compared to groups like Public Enemy, BDP and NWA.

All things considered, I'd be the one to nominate them in the Hip Hop Hall of Fame. They deserve it.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options

Using the word literally incorrectly chief. Pay attention is school.

My bad I thought August 2014 - August 2015 was a year apart. I've been wrong. The school system has failed me.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know about yall, but these 2 songs Mos Def used to knock, and they'd get played at the party
    https://youtu.be/nDDRNOvz1SE
    https://youtu.be/3XOqUotSQnU