China Has No Idea Who General Tso Is And Why Americans Love Him

Options

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think this is a common thing with most "foreign" dishes. For one, a latino I roll with claims that lettuce and tomatoes on a taco is some American ? .
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man Indian food is some of the most vile ? known to man.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In st.Louis there's a sandwich they sell at all the Chinese spots called St.Paul's ... ain't nothing Chinese about that ?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah this ? ain't no surprise ...pretty sure if you brought a Taco Bell Fritos chili cheese taco or a double decker down to Mexico they wouldn't know what the hell that ? was either
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its decent

Once u start eatin.real east.asian food (outside of Japanese n chinses yuck) that vile ass "chinese" food out here falls to the wayside...

Korean food is disgusting. I'm here in Korea right now. Thai food is great though and Philipina food isn't distinct enough to call it theirs. It's basically Spanish food (adobo, crispy patta,etc). Vietnamese food is good too. Chinese food is nothing like states Chinese food from what I've experienced in China.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thai food is goat
  • RNS
    RNS Members Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That general tso chicken be hitting though.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    damnkp wrote: »
    When I was in DC I tried mumbo sauce. ..Is that Asian or just local? I tried ordering that ? when I got back to Houston and they never heard of the ?

Lmao...it's local and you can't get it once you get past Montgomery County, MD. It's also literally different in every chinese spot you go to. No two place's mumbo sauce taste the same
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rat, pigeon whatever it is that ? is delicious

? eat all kinds of animals but be picky about it
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We eat American Chinese food, not actual Chinese food.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just had some general tso chicken last night it was good as ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man i use to eat General Tso all the ? time but.. that ? got annoying cant have it too much, idk thats the best way i can describe it havent had it in years
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only ? with big Chinese food restaurants, or Panda Express at worst. Yall gotta stop eating at these hole in the wall ass Chinese food/liquor store ass joints in the strip malls. ? around and really be eatin shrimp fried rat ?

Orange chicken be lookin like a cancer growth not even seasoned. ? wrong wit yall ? ?
  • Lord_Hades_08
    Lord_Hades_08 Members Posts: 75 ✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    When I was in DC I tried mumbo sauce. ..Is that Asian or just local? I tried ordering that ? when I got back to Houston and they never heard of the ?

That is some suace only found in DC...? can't even be found in Baltimore....? is total mystery to the entire metro region but it's a staple when eating your wings....gotta have that ?

Wild ? is most of the tiem in DC when you at a chinese spot it's koreans cooking them folks not chinese at all unless you in chintown

Slim, I reversed engineered mumbo sauce a couple months ago. Took it to the barbershop and shared with some wings. They all thought I stopped at Easterns on my way. I'm going to bottle this ? .
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got a recipe for this off allrecipes

its cool but you have to eat it the first day
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had some last night
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched this last night and almost had a foodgasm. I know what I'm ordering for dinner today....

Sesame Chicken ? !
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which is better?

General Tso

Seasme Chicken

Sweet and Sour Chicken

Orange Chicken

Or

Honey Chicken?
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Which is better?

General Tso

Seasme Chicken

Sweet and Sour Chicken

Orange Chicken

Or

Honey Chicken?

I go with Orange Chicken. The Hawaiian boneless chicken from Wingstop is the truth tho..one day I'ma put that in some lo mein
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

That is some suace only found in DC...? can't even be found in Baltimore....? is total mystery to the entire metro region but it's a staple when eating your wings....gotta have that ?

Wild ? is most of the tiem in DC when you at a chinese spot it's koreans cooking them folks not chinese at all unless you in chintown

Slim, I reversed engineered mumbo sauce a couple months ago. Took it to the barbershop and shared with some wings. They all thought I stopped at Easterns on my way. I'm going to bottle this ? .

This Chinese lady lived next to my grandfather for like 15 years before he passed away in 2008. She used to make home made mambo sauce for us lol. I still go by there every now and again to get some too. ? is amazing
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I only ? with big Chinese food restaurants, or Panda Express at worst. Yall gotta stop eating at these hole in the wall ass Chinese food/liquor store ass joints in the strip malls. ? around and really be eatin shrimp fried rat ?

Orange chicken be lookin like a cancer growth not even seasoned. ? wrong wit yall ? ?

dead
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

sheeeit if cancer tastes anything like the orange chicken at New Dragon in Chinatown here in LA then i give zero ? . easily the best orange chicken i had. good amount of syrup and still crispy. damn.
  • mackanaven
    mackanaven Members Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Chinese democracy!
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Which is better?

General Tso

Seasme Chicken

Sweet and Sour Chicken