Yelawolf Goes On Rant Defending Confederate Flag

Options
RickyRich
RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
YelaWolf bashes an anti-Confederate shirt on his Facebook page.

Since the tragic, racially-motivated shooting at a church in Charleston this June, the U.S. has been embroiled in a debate about the Confederate flag, which has since been removed from many state government buildings. One of the main arguments presented by the symbol's supporters is that it represents more than slavery and deep-seated racism, and that's basically the tip Alabama native Yelawolf was on when he bashed an anti-Confederate shirt on his Facebook page last night.

Also citing numerous examples of black Southern rappers who have worn depictions of the "Bars & Stars," Yela targeted a shirt that features a burning confederate flag. It was designed by Babylon, a company run by Lee Spielman of the punk band Trash Talk (who have collaborated with Flatbush Zombieson a few occasions), who went on to briefly respond on Twitter. Read Yela and Spielman's remarks below.

YelaWolf :

Ain't no way I'm letting some ones ignorance tear me from my roots .. you ? ? boys can save it with this anti Dixie ? !! .. You media succubus in fashion and news are taking full advantage of yourself's business .. Not knowing at all the damage you're creating by giving a false impression of who we are in the South .. We're GOOD PEOPLE !!! .. We love our small towns and we love our folks .. For me and me only I'll tell you like this ... Rip DIME BAG DARRELL !! and Long live PANTERA !! .. Long live Lynyrd Skynyrd !!... Long Live Dukes of Hazard . .And mother ? ... The DIXIE WILL NEVER DIE !! ... Do you want Me to mention my black inspirations on the Dixie side .. like Big Gipp who I saw in a full Dixie Flag outfit at Madison Square Garden in 05 ? , or Andre 3000 rocking a Dixie Flag Belt buckle in " Sorry ms Jackson ? " , maybe little Jhon or Pastor Troy who rocked the Dixie Flag in a protest against ignorance ? ... I saw the GROWTH and the POWER !! NOT THE DEMISE !!! And here we have these ? yuppies from the west coast and world wide jumping on this band wagon .. Who know NOTHING ABOUT US .. Other than the movies and misrepresented news reels they see .. Lied too at school and at home .. Further deepening the injury of social perception .. With this wack ass image of a burning Dixie Flag .... ? that !! ... Well I can tell you that a ‪#‎slumerican‬ will never support you .. We're beyond you all .. More open and way more prepared than you are
⚡⚡⚡⚡DIXIE !!! #slumerican

Comments