Yelawolf Goes On Rant Defending Confederate Flag

Options

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hip hop has bern profited on ignorance and self hatred so we gotta look at not only this ? but at each other also. The "outrage" on this is a step in the right direction and general appropiate reaction imo.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Don't surprise me. I drove pass in his hometown & I'll say that it looks like a place that no black person should stay

LOL what does a place look like that a black person should stay?

small town that's dominated by whites with confederate flags everywhere like @iron man1 said

a town where the mayor & police chief are brothers & their cousins & childhood friends takes up the police force

Every time I'm watching Tru TV or some ? , the most gruesome crimes happens in them little back wood towns

@Stew, take yo ass to Trenton, GA (Sand Mountain) & you'll see the difference between it & Atlanta
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Don't surprise me. I drove pass in his hometown & I'll say that it looks like a place that no black person should stay

small town that's dominated by whites with confederate flags everywhere like @iron man1 said

a town where the mayor & police chief are brothers & their cousins & childhood friends takes up the police force

Every time I'm watching Tru TV or some ? , the most gruesome crimes happens in them little back wood towns

@Stew, take yo ass to Trenton, GA (Sand Mountain) & you'll see the difference between it & Atlanta

lol neither one of y'all ? answered my question. I know what a hicktown looks like.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    murdap wrote: »
    Isnt he signed to Shady Records?

"The apple dont fall far from the tree"

Shady records is still under Aftermath Entertainment, so are you blaming Dre too?

Some of you cats are blinded by your hate for Eminem.

No it is not. Shady has always been it's own entity under Interscope/UMG
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He need to chill out. He's really going to end a career that never really got started. I have yet to find a ? around my way that has even made a comment about his music. He needs to channel all that energy into some music. Right now isn't the time to be repping this confederate flag. You will ? around and get yo neck broke. Its some white dudes out here who would probably woop his ass for this ? .

Naw he shooting for that Kid Rock crowd.
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »

Shady records is still under Aftermath Entertainment, so are you blaming Dre too?

No it is not. Shady has always been it's own entity under Interscope/UMG

You're smarter than that. Dre is still getting a check whenever Shady gets a check.
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Lil-John-Confederate-Flag-e1436472718313.jpg

lil john lost me with this ? . i had htis cd on a bootleg and didnt see the album cover until after i had the bootleg copy. ? ? me up.

at least mjg set that ? on fire. idk wtf lil john was thinking
    102213-music-confederate-flag-mjg-no-more-glory.jpg.custom1200x675x20.dimg

Those guys in the background were named Sam and Bo. With all due respect, when people outside of the East wondered why we weren't ? with certain Southern rappers, ? like that is why.

Also, I don't need Yelawolf or Lil Jon, or Lindsey Graham's biased-social perspective on that flag to know what it really is. It's a symbol of treason. It's a symbol of the enslavement, dehumanization, and genocide of Africans. It's a symbol of hatred used by a terrorist group that ritually terrorizes, tortures, and murders black people for sport. Objectively speaking those are the things that flag represents. All that "real Murica,' freedom, states-rights, and Dixie-heritage (what the ? is that?)" ? is nonsense. People yield that flag out of nostalgia for the antebellum south. That ? can never be reappropriated as anything else.

LOL Sam and Bo. You're reaching but funny as ?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    (Nope) wrote: »
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Lil-John-Confederate-Flag-e1436472718313.jpg

lil john lost me with this ? . i had htis cd on a bootleg and didnt see the album cover until after i had the bootleg copy. ? ? me up.

at least mjg set that ? on fire. idk wtf lil john was thinking
    102213-music-confederate-flag-mjg-no-more-glory.jpg.custom1200x675x20.dimg

Those guys in the background were named Sam and Bo. With all due respect, when people outside of the East wondered why we weren't ? with certain Southern rappers, ? like that is why.

Also, I don't need Yelawolf or Lil Jon, or Lindsey Graham's biased-social perspective on that flag to know what it really is. It's a symbol of treason. It's a symbol of the enslavement, dehumanization, and genocide of Africans. It's a symbol of hatred used by a terrorist group that ritually terrorizes, tortures, and murders black people for sport. Objectively speaking those are the things that flag represents. All that "real Murica,' freedom, states-rights, and Dixie-heritage (what the ? is that?)" ? is nonsense. People yield that flag out of nostalgia for the antebellum south. That ? can never be reappropriated as anything else.

LOL Sam and Bo. You're reaching but funny as ?

Not a reach at all. Mos Def spoke on this about 10 years ago.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    Who cares.... People can feel how they feel. He wanna rep his flag, he can. Our problems are bigger than an irrelevant flag.

fixed
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i actually understand both sides of this to be honest. to black ppl the flag represents antebellum south and slavery and all that comes along with that. But to whites who lived in the south it represents much more than simply that, it represents their ancestors, their unique culture and still, and their forging a way in a south that was largely undeveloped. not to mention it draws a tie to all their ancestors that died in the civil war.

the confederate flag is more than just a symbol for racism, it means way more than that, although that is a part of it. it would be like if those suffering from drone strikes in the middle east equated the usa flag solely with drone strikes and the killing and bombing of their ppl, or take the japanese in hiroshima. to them the usa flag may simply mean atomic bomb dropping, and therefore they hate that ? and think its racist.

i am sure there are plenty of kkk types that like the confederate flag, but many like yelawolf do not adhere to that racist ? , but they are not about to denouce what their grandfathers and ? fought for. the war wasn't only about slavery. the vast majority of those southern whites, didnt own slaves. the war was about the north trying to tell the south what to do and boss them around and treat them like idiots, you see a lot of that sentiment still going on today. even on this board. thats why outkast and other black rappers may rep the flag from time to time.

the ? flag, on the other hand, was purely based on hatred and genocide. the confederate flag (as its foundation) was not based on this. also when you add in that during the civil was towards the end, a lot of the northern troops were marching thru the south and burning down cities, killing civilians, burning down all the stores and shops, stealing anything they can find, ripping up railroad tracks, etc. they really ? up the south from georgia to tennessee, etc. a lot of national monumnets were destroyed. they wanted to bring the south to its knees, in addition to freeing the slaves (which lincoln only explictly made freeing the slaves i priority in the last year of the war, before that he never made it the main issues)...so when you have ppl waving the confederate flag today its in part because they still remember that history of the north really ? them the ? up. for them to denouce that would be to cal all their ancestors a bunhc of losers.

im not saying its right, or that it doesnt hurt blacks, im just saying its more than a hatred for blacks. many of them aint even thinking like that.

now having said all of that, i dont think yelawolf as a white guy ina black art form should be on it like this tho.
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i actually understand both sides of this to be honest. to black ppl the flag represents antebellum south and slavery and all that comes along with that. But to whites who lived in the south it represents much more than simply that, it represents their ancestors, their unique culture and still, and their forging a way in a south that was largely undeveloped. not to mention it draws a tie to all their ancestors that died in the civil war.

the confederate flag is more than just a symbol for racism, it means way more than that, although that is a part of it. it would be like if those suffering from drone strikes in the middle east equated the usa flag solely with drone strikes and the killing and bombing of their ppl, or take the japanese in hiroshima. to them the usa flag may simply mean atomic bomb dropping, and therefore they hate that ? and think its racist.

i am sure there are plenty of kkk types that like the confederate flag, but many like yelawolf do not adhere to that racist ? , but they are not about to denouce what their grandfathers and ? fought for. the war wasn't only about slavery. the vast majority of those southern whites, didnt own slaves. the war was about the north trying to tell the south what to do and boss them around and treat them like idiots, you see a lot of that sentiment still going on today. even on this board. thats why outkast and other black rappers may rep the flag from time to time.

the ? flag, on the other hand, was purely based on hatred and genocide. the confederate flag (as its foundation) was not based on this. also when you add in that during the civil was towards the end, a lot of the northern troops were marching thru the south and burning down cities, killing civilians, burning down all the stores and shops, stealing anything they can find, ripping up railroad tracks, etc. they really ? up the south from georgia to tennessee, etc. a lot of national monumnets were destroyed. they wanted to bring the south to its knees, in addition to freeing the slaves (which lincoln only explictly made freeing the slaves i priority in the last year of the war, before that he never made it the main issues)...so when you have ppl waving the confederate flag today its in part because they still remember that history of the north really ? them the ? up. for them to denouce that would be to cal all their ancestors a bunhc of losers.

im not saying its right, or that it doesnt hurt blacks, im just saying its more than a hatred for blacks. many of them aint even thinking like that.

now having said all of that, i dont think yelawolf as a white guy ina black art form should be on it like this tho.

So why did they start flying the confederate flag/ bars and stars during the Civil Rights movement? If its not linked to racism or white superiority over other races. I dont even know any of my ancestors who was alive in 1861-1865 so how can people flaunt around with the my grandfather fought in a war on the losing side
  • SheerExcellence
    Options

So why did they start flying the confederate flag/ bars and stars during the Civil Rights movement? If its not linked to racism or white superiority over other races. I dont even know any of my ancestors who was alive in 1861-1865 so how can people flaunt around with the my grandfather fought in a war on the losing side

as i said the flag means a lot of things, one of which is certainly racism. im not denying that. but the south was trying to start its own country and was unified on that front. those are the misguided notions those folks hold onto. many ppl in the south still hate the north, not because of anything to do with slavery, but because north again esstially destroyed the south during the civil war, not only winning but by litereally destroying their cities and burning their homes. there is still that tension so they wave their flags in some sort of pride
    when dukes of hazzard had a confederate flag on their car, they werent promoting "? all ? , yall should be slaves"
    they were saying our aligenace is still to the south
    as for you not knowing ancestors, that dont matter, its still in your blood. do you think osama bin ladens ppl are like well he lost, let me wave the american flag now, ? taliban, that got nothing to do with me.

if crips killed all the bloods and the remaining bloods converted, you think they would not be waving red every now and again just to pay homage?

on top of that, at this point today, this is another instance of north telling south "your flag is wrong and dumb and u stupid" what you expect them to say? ohwell you right again north...this is just another example of north treating south like idiots. so ppl will buck back.

again, i dont like the damn flag. im not from the south. im glad south lose the war. but im just saying, its deeper than "i hate blacks" it was their whole life and is still part of their identity. north constantly and consistently ? on the south, so they unify behind that. the flag is just their repesentation of it

as for what you talking about, clearly as isaid some mf'ers equate it with that race ? but not all, its not the same as if you were waving a ? flag, which is solely about race superiority and genocide
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options

as i said the flag means a lot of things, one of which is certainly racism. im not denying that. but the south was trying to start its own country and was unified on that front. those are the misguided notions those folks hold onto. many ppl in the south still hate the north, not because of anything to do with slavery, but because north again esstially destroyed the south during the civil war, not only winning but by litereally destroying their cities and burning their homes. there is still that tension so they wave their flags in some sort of pride
    when dukes of hazzard had a confederate flag on their car, they werent promoting "? all ? , yall should be slaves"
    as for you not knowing ancestors, that dont matter, its still in your blood. do you think osama bin ladens ppl are like well he lost, let me wave the american flag now, ? taliban, that got nothing to do with me.

if crips killed all the bloods and the remaining bloods converted, you think they would not be waving red every now and again just to pay homage?

on top of that, at this point today, this is another instance of north telling south "your flag is wrong and dumb and u stupid" what you expect them to say? ohwell you right again north...this is just another example of north treating south like idiots. so ppl will buck back.

again, i dont like the damn flag. im not from the south. im glad south lose the war. but im just saying, its deeper than "i hate blacks" it was their whole life and is still part of their identity. north constantly and consistently ? on the south, so they unify behind that. the flag is just their repesentation of it

as for what you talking about, clearly as isaid some mf'ers equate it with that race ? but not all, its not the same as if you were waving a ? flag, which is solely about race superiority and genocide

Only people in the south that associate themselves with the confederate flag are country ass dip chewing redneck white people and a few black ? who act white so they end up looking stupid to the majority of black people anyway. Thats the best thing the north(real americans back then) ever did was take them plantation slave owners to war and slay them ? its not like black people could rise up we werent natives to this land. If your from the south and black you dont ? with the confederate flag at all.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why do we celebrate the losers of a major war by swinging their flag around?

we send the super bowl and playoff loser teams tshirts to third world countries, not sports authority.
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    why do we celebrate the losers of a major war by swinging their flag around?

we send the super bowl and playoff loser teams tshirts to third world countries, not sports authority.

yes but fans of the losing team still root for that team. they dont just stop being fans

Only people in the south that associate themselves with the confederate flag are country ass dip chewing redneck white people and a few black ? who act white so they end up looking stupid to the majority of black people anyway. Thats the best thing the north(real americans back then) ever did was take them plantation slave owners to war and slay them ? its not like black people could rise up we werent natives to this land. If your from the south and black you dont ? with the confederate flag at all.

i agree with you in that the people that loudly rep the flag are the ones you say, but if you go to vanderbiilt university, uva, and other elite schools of the south you will seen plenty of upper crust white folks still repping that ? .

but ultimately i am not disagreeing with you the flag means some ? up ? for me and represents a place, era i would not want to go back to. think of it like like whatever you think of the american flag, imagine what a native american who lives on a tribal land reservation now thinks. to us we look at it like land of free home of brave, and say it at ball games and in school. to them all they see is a representation of the murdering of their ppl, lands and subjucation. but just cause we rep the flag, we aint looking at it from their viewpoint. its more than that to us, but not to them. thats all im saying
    but trust me i am not in favor of the flag nor do i get along with rednecks, my only point is it means more to them than slavery.

and as for repping the losers, every single one of us reps losers. you dont just give up cause you aint win, that is not respectable. how u my boy if i win a fight but if i lose you go become a friend of the guy that kicked my ass.

now my issue with yelawolf is he should not be saying this in a forum that is largely dominated by blacks, the same way i wouldnt go to a indian reservation and wave around the american flag talking about "i rep this you native americans, bow down"
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol neither one of y'all ? answered my question. I know what a hicktown looks like.

Head over to Vidor, Texas and see for yourself.

Report back with your results.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »

Head over to Vidor, Texas and see for yourself.

Report back with your results.

Bruh, I used to live 30 min from an old ? stomping ground. That's not the question I asked the homie smh
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Yelawolfs music is really trash very terrible

Dudes albums have flopped terribly

• GunTown
    Options

No it's not it's under Interscope records who distribute Shady records

Same for Aftermath it is under Interscope
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this a white rapper who is defending a flag that, men fought and died for the right to keep Black people in slavery.

-Self Ether.-
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Interscope
    Aftermath
    Shady
    Gunit

so on is how i always looked at it. Em still signed to Dre anyways
  • GunTown
    Options