Who Is Project Pat And Why Is He In The Vault?

Options

Comments

• BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there's all kinda albums in there
    There's all kinds of albums in that thread from all regions that don't belong but i understand it's the IC's unique list.
    u tryna say krs aint make it cuz ? had somethin against him?
    I could be wrong but yeah. The way many keep bringing up his beef with Nelly like it holds any weight to what he did for Hip Hop before that. How come neither one of Krs first few albums isn't listed like Rakim's "Paid in full," Slick Rick's "..Great Adventures.." and Public Enemy's "It Takes A Nation.."? Those are his peers and it seems odd that none of his albums like "Criminal Minded," "Edutainment," "By All Means Necessary," "Ghetto Music: The Blueprint of Hip Hop" weren't mentioned. Those albums had a major impact in Hip Hop. A lot of y'all favorite rappers from all regions were influenced by Krs. It's so easy for me to point out lines and samples they took from the Blastmaster.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Krs One was average at best. I don't see this hype plus he got bodied by a pop rapper (Nelly). Kool G. Rap>>>>>>>>>>>>Krs One

So let me get this straight. You guys are saying that Project Pat is better than KRS One?

Wouldn't say that, but Nelly did give the ? KRS a L

Yeah but thats like saying Michael Jordan caught an L when he was playing with the Wizards.

KRS was one of the elite MCs in his day. He didn't have much commercial success but he get much respect in the hood and in the black community.

When KRS was on B-Boy Records and Jive he was putting out a hot album every year from 87-97.

Its unbelievable that none of his albums are in the vault. That just goes to show theres a serious generation gap on the IC. I wonder how many people on the IC remember when KRS was the one of the hottest MCs along with Rakim, Chuck D, LL Cool J, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap and Slick Rick.

All of them are better than him

Were you around when Criminal Minded was out?

That was a GOAT summer, you had Bigger and Deffer, Paid In Full and Criminal Minded. All 5 mic albums and for some reason only Paid In Full is in the vault.

Yeah, I was alive in 87' but I was still near a baby. My brother more than likely remember 87 tho since he is 10 years older than me
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Krs One was average at best. I don't see this hype plus he got bodied by a pop rapper (Nelly). Kool G. Rap>>>>>>>>>>>>Krs One

So let me get this straight. You guys are saying that Project Pat is better than KRS One?

Wouldn't say that, but Nelly did give the ? KRS a L

Yeah but thats like saying Michael Jordan caught an L when he was playing with the Wizards.

KRS was one of the elite MCs in his day. He didn't have much commercial success but he get much respect in the hood and in the black community.

When KRS was on B-Boy Records and Jive he was putting out a hot album every year from 87-97.

Its unbelievable that none of his albums are in the vault. That just goes to show theres a serious generation gap on the IC. I wonder how many people on the IC remember when KRS was considered the one of the hottest MCs along with Rakim, Chuck D, LL Cool J, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap and Slick Rick.

Damn
    Not one KRS album is in the Vault?
    Not even Return of the Boom Bap???

Wtf
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Project pat is wack, there's a few albums that are considered classics that I honestly thought ppl only listened to as a joke because of how bad they are

Then again op just posted three albums in another thread that are filled with a bunch of wack rappers too

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But for the record... Project Pat gets my vote for this song alone . One of my all time favorite riding and smoking songs

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=78FfdBX-U3M
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    cybertr0n wrote: »
    There's all kinds of albums in that thread from all regions that don't belong but i understand it's the IC's unique list.
    I could be wrong but yeah. The way many keep bringing up his beef with Nelly like it holds any weight to what he did for Hip Hop before that. How come neither one of Krs first few albums isn't listed like Rakim's "Paid in full," Slick Rick's "..Great Adventures.." and Public Enemy's "It Takes A Nation.."? Those are his peers and it seems odd that none of his albums like "Criminal Minded," "Edutainment," "By All Means Necessary," "Ghetto Music: The Blueprint of Hip Hop" weren't mentioned. Those albums had a major impact in Hip Hop. A lot of y'all favorite rappers from all regions were influenced by Krs. It's so easy for me to point out lines and samples they took from the Blastmaster.

man u reachin like a muthafucka, just like u said bruh, just cuz nelly kilt his ass doesnt mean his career b4 hand was erased. "hmm ic classics vault, yea im not nominating krs one cuz nelly got him" -nobody.

and u named rakim, slick rick, and public enemy, its time to cut the shenanigans.

krs one wasnt on them ? level impact wise.

and how can u say what doesnt belong. why not? cuz u dont like it? who cares.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im still tight that country grammar and control system didnt get voted in, ? the vault
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

man u reachin like a muthafucka, just like u said bruh, just cuz nelly kilt his ass doesnt mean his career b4 hand was erased. "hmm ic classics vault, yea im not nominating krs one cuz nelly got him" -nobody.

and u named rakim, slick rick, and public enemy, its time to cut the shenanigans.

I said i could be wrong. I'm not dictating who belongs in the vault. I don't really take IC's classic thread seriously like 5 grand but i understand why he's upset. I'm just stating my opinion on why none of Krs albums is listed and you tripping if you think he didn't have an impact like his peers. Like I said, many of y'all favorite rappers used his lines and sampled him that goes unnoticed.
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ppl who grew up with only some ? ass headphones on tha subway instead of some ballin ass subs in tha back of tha whip will never get why project pat mista dont play is a classic
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Im still tight that country grammar and control system didnt get voted in, ? the vault

LOL we didnt even get many votes period for Control System but I think we all got at least a couple we wanted in that didnt make it.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited August 2015
    Options
    what the hell is a remedial rap lane? not rapping about the solar system or unrealistic lines like rockin nose bones thru faces?

ah well, pat had bangers that people from the struggle and street ? related to, ion mind being the only one who thought the flows were dope lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY9jrMB1X-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65OQ_HTriXw
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You sound stupid.

KRS One's impact was immense. Along with Public Enemy, KRS brought consciousness into the rap scene. He started the Stop The Violence Movement for Christ's sake. Ever hear Self Destruction? That was KRS One's brainchild.

KRS was a battle rapper. He stood up for The Bronx, battled The Juice Crew and came out victorious. South Bronx and The Bridge Is Over are classic battle records.

Out of all the MC's from his era, KRS had the longest career. He has over 20 albums and he still tours. He could do a show in YOUR city and sell out a decent sized nightclub. You can't say the same for Project Pat. Project Pat can't go to any city on Earth and sell out a decent sized nightclub.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some trash ? ....
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i bet a krs show would be a grumpy, hoeless nightmare
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Project Pat had his own lane but that lane was on FIRE in the early 2000s. KRS is a legend who deserves the upmost respect. The problem with KRS and mist dudes from his era is that he got caught up in that old school east coast still stuck in the 70s ? and hung around too long and came off like a hater. They both had their era but KRS stuck around too long abd ended up getting crushed by a lame like nelly. ? was sad. Kinda like watching Ali getting destroyed by Larry Holmes. You got to respect KRS for being a cornerstone on which the game is built but you also have to respect PP b/c he dominated his lane in his era
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Project Pat had his own lane but that lane was on FIRE in the early 2000s. KRS is a legend who deserves the upmost respect. The problem with KRS and mist dudes from his era is that he got caught up in that old school east coast still stuck in the 70s ? and hung around too long and came off like a hater. They both had their era but KRS stuck around too long abd ended up getting crushed by a lame like nelly. ? was sad. Kinda like watching Ali getting destroyed by Larry Holmes. You got to respect KRS for being a cornerstone on which the game is built but you also have to respect PP b/c he dominated his lane in his era

Project Pat at his peak was nowhere near as influential as KRS One at his peak.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited August 2015
    Options

He could do a show in YOUR city and sell out a decent sized nightclub.

lmfao NO HE CANT. thats not really even a knock on krs 1 either, he just cant. i never said krs aint have any impact i said his impact didnt match the other artists mentioned. neither did his sales and most importantly his music or bars.
    You can't say the same for Project Pat. Project Pat can't go to any city on Earth and sell out a decent sized nightclub.

pat and several other memphis rappers sell out TN and mississippi clubs all the damn time. they do shows all over the south and mid west. u need to be put in an old folks home.
  • skpjr78
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »

Project Pat at his peak was nowhere near as influential as KRS One at his peak.

KRS lost a lot of points by not sitting his old ass down. anytime you get crushed by nelly ur stock will fall and fall drastically. pride comes before the fall
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The problem is that no one ever big Project Pat up as the GOAT in hip hop like Krs One fans, so when you hear Krs One then you are expecting this GOAT hype & it doesn't glow when I listen to him. That's why he suffered the backlash. That's like saying Eddie Jones is one of the GOAT shooting guards but most of his counterparts were better than him in the 90s
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    what the hell is a remedial rap lane? not rapping about the solar system or unrealistic lines like rockin nose bones thru faces?

ah well, pat had bangers that people from the struggle and street ? related to, ion mind being the only one who thought the flows were dope lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY9jrMB1X-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65OQ_HTriXw

Look ? his rhymes was simple period. He did got a country le joints I liek besides that trash far as solo goes. Funny thing he would always shine on features for others

what???

anyway, i never said dude was the most lyrical. just seem like yall call anything that aint rappity rap to try to sound smart "remedial". when i think remedial i think that 50 tyson ? .
  • skpjr78
    Options
    project pat had his own style and flow and that worked for him. no one will ever confuse him with 3k or rakim but his flow was dope for him.

what i dont understand is ppl can talk down on project pat but then turn around and tell me how dope banks, yayo, mase and cameron are. if you are talking about a remedial ass flow nobody is worse than cameron or yayo. PP had a bounce to his flow but those other guys are just trash. i dont see how you can like one but hate the other.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only lame ? hate on Project Pat