The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/leo-santa-cruz-open-jesus-cuellar-wba-collision--95255
    Leo Santa Cruz Open To Jesus Cuellar WBA Collision - Boxing News

By Rick Reeno

Staples Center, Los Angeles, California - Newly crowned WBA featherweight champion Leo Santa Cruz (31-0-1, 17KOs) is very willing to face the WBA interim-champion, Jesus Cuellar (27-1, 21KOs) of Argentina.

Santa Cruz captured the vacant title on Saturday night with a twelve round majority decision over fellow Mexican Abner Mares. The belt became vacant after Nicholas Walters failed to make weight for a June fight with Miguel Marriaga.

Cuellar is the mandatory challenger to Santa Cruz's belt. The fight should be easy enough to make with both fighters being advised by Al Haymon.

Santa Cruz will sit down with his team, which includes Haymon, and map out the best option for his next fight. If Cuellar is presented as the next fight, he will go with Cuellar.

"I'll do whatever and go with whatever my team wants. If a fight with Cuellar is out there, then a fight with Cuellar is out there. If there is a rematch with Mares, I'll go with that. First and foremost I have to sit down with my time and go forward from there," Santa Cruz said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/wba-vp-santa-cruz-face-cuellar-18-months--95258
    WBA VP: Santa Cruz Must Face Cuellar in 18 Months - Boxing News

By Rick Reeno

The Vice President of the World Boxing Association, Gilberto Jesus Mendoza, has ordered that newly crowned WBA featherweight champion Leo Santa Cruz (31-0-1, 17KOs) take on mandatory challenger Jesus Cuellar (27-1, 21KOs) of Argentina within the next 18months.

Santa Cruz captured the vacant WBA title on Saturday night with a twelve round majority decision over fellow Mexican Abner Mares. The belt became vacant after Nicholas Walters failed to make weight for a June fight with Miguel Marriaga.

The WBA has now ruled that Santa Cruz is the "super champion" at 126-pounds and Cuellar has been elevated from interim to "regular" champion. Per the rules of the WBA, the two must fight within 18 months time.

The WBA belt was only sanctioned for Santa Cruz vs. Mares a few days prior to the fight.

Mendoza explained: "[It was due] to the path of the boxers. After studying their records and achievements, at our discretion they were among the top five featherweights in the world and were given the opportunity to fight for the super championship."

Santa Cruz vs. Cuellar should be easy enough to make with both fighters being advised by Al Haymon.

Santa Cruz will sit down with his team, which includes Haymon, and map out the best option for his next fight. If Cuellar is presented as the next fight, he will go with Cuellar.

"I'll do whatever and go with whatever my team wants. If a fight with Cuellar is out there, then a fight with Cuellar is out there. If there is a rematch with Mares, I'll go with that. First and foremost I have to sit down with my time and go forward from there," Santa Cruz said.

chloe.gif
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mdot wrote: »
    Who has a link to that Mosley vs Mayorga fight.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Yqu8iSm_g
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't mad at Santa Cruz vs. Cuellar. Rigondeaux need to come to PBC.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone who paid for that mosley mayorga fight take that L. I was at my boys house and we didnt even wanna stream it. Flabby n sick championship smh
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't even lie...I'm hyped to watch May again even if it is against Berto

Still not paying for ppv but if it comes to it, I'll go catch it at a theatre or bar
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

Still not paying for ppv but if it comes to it, I'll go catch it at a theatre or bar

They have fights at theaters now????
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They have fights at theaters now????
    @OMEGA_CONFLICT

They've had fights at theaters for years my ? .
  • Mastery
    Options

Yeah, I don't think our problem is with watching Floyd dismantle Berto. ? just don't want to pay a grip for it lol
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

Yeah, I don't think our problem is with watching Floyd dismantle Berto. ? just don't want to pay a grip for it lol

? imma feel like a sucka going to the theatre and paying 20
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima order it ? it
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Either streaming or catching a fight party if there is any
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea May ain't getting a dime out of me this time....bout to stream that ?
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    Yall saw when berto brother was about to fight that lil kid. Smh
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options

Been thinking bout this fight.. and while I dont see the logic in the fight.. fights are not made good or bad on paper.. They gotta happen in the ring.. and with that I think Berto will give a better account of himself than Pacquiao .. Berto can ? ..hes gonna get washed but hes gonna give a valiant effort and make it a better fight that it is on paper..And i want to see the "Artist" paint so while im not hype.. im lookin forward to it and Bertos spirited effort
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    I'm not even going half on this fight. Not after the Pacman fight. This ? cashing out
  • Mastery
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Ima order it ? it
    ? I just collected the rest of the monies to host the fight at my house. It's going down. Lol
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima order it ? it
    ? I just collected the rest of the monies to host the fight at my house. It's going down. Lol

Only way I'd order it...? ain't have to reach in their pockets for May-Paq so if they want me to order, they going have to drop something
  • aneed123
    Options
    Like dude said support black fighters ... I like Floyd I like Berto I'm a boxing fan. Hell I'll prolly order canelo cotton 2. I'm on the fence bout that ggg fight cuz of how they doin ward they better have a great undercard
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't missed s live Floyd fight in over 10 years... Ain't starting now
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima order it ? it

Only way I'd order it...? ain't have to reach in their pockets for May-Paq so if they want me to order, they going have to drop something

Only way i order the fight is if someone gets me aome cambodian breast milk and a picture of a midget holding a red balloon
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like dude said support black fighters ... I like Floyd I like Berto I'm a boxing fan. Hell I'll prolly order canelo cotton 2. I'm on the fence bout that ggg fight cuz of how they doin ward they better have a great undercard

so how much did u spend on the mosley fight?
  • aneed123
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »

so how much did u spend on the mosley fight?

Lol u a trip