The Almighty Unpopular Opinion Thread. Volume 17

Options

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tech n9ne has no wack albums
    black people say they cant relate to eminem cause he white, but then want us to belive they can relate to rick ross, even though they work at wall-mart

rags to riches hustla fantasy >>> killing your mother fantasy
  • dracohimself
    dracohimself Members Posts: 2
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    This era is the better era than the early 00s if you want to come out with real artistic ? .

We will never see another Jay Z-like run like this again.

Mixtapes should only be made to get on, never to be released often, cause it oversaturate your product and makes your music disposable.

Nas is way ahead of his time lyrically, believe it or not.

Z Ro gets no respect and its a shame that he had to be a victim of industry politics.

^ This.

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's Black people who have to relate to content that hates Em.

He's a great lyricist. I wouldn't even get mad if someone said he's a better lyricist than Nas.
  • FunkyJ
    FunkyJ Members Posts: 185 ✭✭
    Options
    Btw.....Blueprint 2 is a under-rated diss song. Not on Ether's level, but definitely a strong response that was honest and witty. Who knows, had he responded with this instead of "Supa Ugly," he might've not taken as big of an L.

And your little ? "Jungle" is a garden to me

LOL

Word, I know I mentioned this before on here but I really do believe that Blueprint 2 is a better diss song than Takeover. Im as big of a Nas fan as it comes ,but Jay spoke some real ? in these lines.

Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean thatAnnotate he nice
    It just means you don't understand all the ? that he write
    Is it "Oochie Wally Wally" or is it "One Mic"?
    Is it "Black Girl Lost" or shorty owe you for ice?
  • killaguwop
    killaguwop Members Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that whole blueprint 2 album is dope as ? .
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a feeling that some people think that you can't make lyrical songs that are accessible(I hope GKMC changed some of those people's opinions).

Have not listened to tupac album yet, and don't see me doing so in the near future

I'm a nas fan, but I can't listen to illmatic without getting bored.

Club Music was gift and a curse on hip hop(especially southern hip-hop)

Eminem gets alot of undeserved hate/love based on his race.

If you don't support the artists you like, then you should shut up about the state of hip-hop.

Most of todays rap parodys are just as good(sometimes even better) than original songs.

Even tho hip-hop is one my favorite genres, i feel like it has stunted black music in some ways.

If you can get past autotune, 808s is great album

mainstream/underground hip hop fans are equally annoying(in different ways)

THIS!
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wanna slap axel for saying project pat >>> jeezy
  • Gucci Scott King
    Gucci Scott King Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »

Eminem gets alot of undeserved hate based on his race.

Nice editing there, but I did say he gets undeserved love based on his race too.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dipset was not a movement. They just happend to be a popular group at a certain time.
    Clipse have always been garbage and did not invent "Coke" rap; Rae and Ghost were pioneers of that.
    The South had the worst era in Hip Hop history
    Dj Quick is overrated
    Public Enemy ? on NWA
    Kendrick Lamar is wack
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Dipset was not a movement. They just happend to be a popular group at a certain time.
    Clipse have always been garbage and did not invent "Coke" rap; Rae and Ghost were pioneers of that.
    Dj Quick is overrated
    Public Enemy ? on NWA
    Kendrick Lamar is wack

1. "move·ment - A tendency or trend:"

2. Don't think anyone have said that Clipse invented coke rap.

3. Half-way agree.

4. Strongly disagree.

5. Hold them both in the higher-ups. I don't compare them, especially since they had different approaches musically.

6. Strongly disagree.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Master P music catalogue is trash
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    In terms of overall greatness, Wu-Tang>>>>NWA by miles. NWA had 88-90 on lock, but Wu was major 93-97, and has been super influential since....as a GROUP.

Jay-Z isn't overrated; he overappreciated. It would benefit the IC to learn the difference. Jay is worshipped a bit too hard, but in terms of skills, he's still Top 4, even if he's been half-assing it since he unretired.

The fact that Three Stacks never put out an solo album, yet is still considered to be a top Southern artist says more about the South than it does him.

Drake only is ? because he tries to tip-toe the line between player artist and ? artist. Lyrically, Aubs actually is 3rd to only Kendrick and Lupe, but his ? makes you wanna punch this dude in the chest and tell him to stay on one side.

I ? with Slaughterhouse, but they'll never "make it" to where they should be, and I think even they know it. They need more themed material, where it's not a cypher on every ? track about how good they are. A concept album would do them wonders at this point.

Black Thought is Top 5 alive, but he got lost in the shuffle. Glad to see he still doin the Tonight Show with the rest of the Roots. He should be the rightful hip-hop king of Philly by now, IMHO.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prodigy >> nas
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    In terms of overall greatness, Wu-Tang>>>>NWA by miles.

The fact that Three Stacks never put out an solo album, yet is still considered to be a top Southern artist says more about the South than it does him.

Black Thought is Top 5 alive, but he got lost in the shuffle. Glad to see he still doin the Tonight Show with the rest of the Roots. He should be the rightful hip-hop king of Philly by now, IMHO.

Saying Wu>NWA is in no way an unpopular opinion.

How does Andre3000 being a top southern artist without a solo say so much about the south...

But at the same time Black Thought is top5 DOA without a solo?

...East coast bias ass neegah
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »
    In terms of overall greatness, Wu-Tang>>>>NWA by miles.

Saying Wu>NWA is in no way an unpopular opinion.

How does Andre3000 being a top southern artist without a solo say so much about the south...

But at the same time Black Thought is top5 DOA without a solo?

...East coast bias ass neegah

this ? played himself in the same ? post
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z is the most overrated rapper of all time and biggest overachiever of all time. NY created hip hop but if you look back at it they were some of the most overrated rappers of all time. Nas is boring, Jay-z is terrible has no classic cds and is boring to listen to, Biggie is overrated didn't have big enough catalogue and got put on a pedastal after he died, big pun was fat, and big l died before his prime, and dmx smoked dope.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Dj Quick is overrated
    Public Enemy ? on NWA
    Kendrick Lamar is wack

Kendrick wack? Damn I was buggin.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raekwon>Biggie/Tupac
  • nineties
    nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »
    Prodigy >> nas

I'm not even mad at this. I'll listen to 1994-2000 Prodigy more often than Nas from any period.
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chamillionaire's major label debut sucked
  • TheGOAT
    edited September 2015
    Options
    dj pre-k wrote: »
    Chamillionaire's major label debut sucked

Singles did but it had a couple tracks i ? with still to this day
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Lyrically Jay-z is the most overrated MC in the history of hiphop.

Cs
  • R2_163
    Options
    lupe top 5 dead or alive
  • R2_163
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Raekwon>Biggie/Tupac

that's wild cuz. never heard anyone say that