O.G. wrote: »
    Dub 6's all day.

W7s
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Just turn your hearing aids down

bass headphones is why I don't even need my hearing aid no more, the bass has gotten good to the point where I can identify some songs off the bass or bassline alone. The problem right now is that some folks use the same repetitive bass knocks and counts...they have to switch it up with different bass and bass line rhythms.

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rubixcuban wrote: »
    I never heard a song and said " this bass is ruining it"

I have.

A lot of the music out nowadays has too much bass and not enough lyrical content. Or no lyrical content at all. Its like they're using bass as a crutch because they can't rap.

All the beats sound the same to me.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem with Hip Hop today is there is no soul in the music.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

^^^ Thats what I'm trying to say.

Its all bass and no soul.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    O.G. wrote: »
    Dub 6's all day.

W7s

Them 7's be doin' too much. Had to swap them out for some 6's.
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bass is only one component of music..eye enjoy bass but alot of this new hip hop music is very repetitive with the 808 sound,especially trap inspired rap...These ? need to experiment with the sounds aleast..He aint super lyrical but eye can appreciate what Travis Scott is doing production wise..Rodeo doesn't sound like your typical run of the mill trap album
  • kingtob330
    kingtob330 Members Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There can never be too much bass.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    iron man1 wrote: »

^^^ Thats what I'm trying to say.

Its all bass and no soul.

We agree again. Its all ? music. Theres a time and a place for that but gotdamn.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rap w/ heavy bass is made for the clubs, smokin, and riding around the city. If you aint in a "turn up" mood, then just don't listen to that ? .
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I agree. Then again when its not really about listening to lyrics then it doesnt matter. Most of these cats turn the bass up so loud you cant hear ? else and for some reason thats they like.

I am a person in it for the overall package but no way am i listening to superbass heavy trash rap.

Yall know what they say about the dumb and the drum.

lol i knew this was coming, they have nothing to do with each other tho. a pseudo intellect rap line.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2015
    Options
    overbearing bass does nothing for u if u wanna hear just str8 lyrical content, but i mean u can always turn the bass down in ur system. it does enhance it for those who are tryna listen to and feel it MUSICALLY at times. ? sometimes want the right lyrics over a boomin instrumental and its not always gonna be the best lyrically, doesnt mean its not a good song. time and place for everything. ill never understand folks who downplay the importance of BEATS in hip hop MUSIC.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never heard

Listen to more Lloyd banks, his voice gets drowned out a lot
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DillaDeaf wrote: »
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Just turn your hearing aids down

bass headphones is why I don't even need my hearing aid no more, the bass has gotten good to the point where I can identify some songs off the bass or bassline alone. The problem right now is that some folks use the same repetitive bass knocks and counts...they have to switch it up with different bass and bass line rhythms.

That's crazy because I was just kinda talking about this. I was at a reggae show last night (Damian and Stephen Marley) and the girl I was with said reggae is her favorite music to see live because you can feel it resonate. I said "you could feel it if you were deaf."

Like 'Welcome to Jamrock' live, i mean I can hear... but I swear you could just feel that bass rock the place.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and this ain't regional btw. I'm east coast born and raised but I need heavy bass in my life
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you ever heard a ? with a ? ass stereo with a bass turned alllll they way up and the car rattling ?
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

I have.

A lot of the music out nowadays has too much bass and not enough lyrical content. Or no lyrical content at all. Its like they're using bass as a crutch because they can't rap.

All the beats sound the same to me.

this is the gospel. I love ignorant ? as much as the next man but you got rappers putting project after project of the same ? . And its mostly the ones that leave you saying "but it knock though".
    Bass aint killing hip hop but a lot of this stuff is highly repetitive especially the production.

A lot of people don't even have they system sounding right anyway. The bass be all the way up, no treble, voices be distorted and muffled.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Remember on hard knock life when jay was like take the bass line out ? And I don't think bass in the music is that bad even tho it is overused and allowed horrible aongs like "I'm in love wit coco" to blow up. It seems northern beat makers know exactly how to use the bass like on "hot ? " jahlil beats knew used the bass so it can enhance the beat. The bass should not be the beat.

I'm like 18,19 when jeezy dropped that "hypnotized" joint. Had two sluttys wit me, passed the one with the lisp to my man. He thought he was stuntin n turned the volume up on his ? ass stereo.... The system was so bad, all you heard was the steering column and the backseat rattling . It was so bad the freak wouldn't ? him.

Most ? in the south play their music like that. That is a problem on so many levels. ? up north have clean crisp factory system where you can appreciate every part of the beat.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Uncle L would disapprove of this thread...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8P4huQMObw

But I like my island queens and stripper ? gyrate to the bass...sooooo....