Comments

• BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd definitely could of stepped it up and let his hands go more

and Berto was exaclty what I expected

But at the end of the day, Money got the W, like he should of

I respect Mayweather's grind, hustle and mindset towards the sport

I don't see tha ? as TBE, but he is definitely in the Top 20 of boxers that ever laced them up
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the TBE ? is too subjective.... All I know is in my years of watching boxing from the 80's til now Floyd is the best Ive seen. Its him Roy Ray Leonard Hagar then Sweet P. Older fans will never let Ray Robinson go. It is what it is. But if folk leave Floyd out the top 5 I cant agree.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People who have never even watched Sugar Ray Robinson fights say he's the TBE. There isn't even enough tape on him to come to that conclusion. That's something annoys me. They rate fighters based on word of mouth but I want to see what that person is actually doing, their skill set.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As Floyd Mayweather closes his career, which is not likely, due to him being competitive and looking to be remembered as the greatest, many casual fans will remember Floyd as the runner but many boxing fans will remember Floyd for his career especially at the lighter weights, when he did stand in front of his opponents, make them miss and light them up with combinations. That was an exciting Floyd Mayweather. Many will hate him but that comes with a career he created with the characters Pretty Boy Floyd and Money. Just as Mike Tyson created a persona to sell fights and a character, to entice the fans and casual fans alike, just as Ali was extremely charismatic and sarcastic to have all eyes on him, Floyd created something for himself through watching these fighters. We can hate on him all we like but a person that is disliked can never have millions tuning into watch him once or twice a year and break records cause that is not possible. Floyd gave his all for 19 years as a fighter, just as all of us give our all everyday in our careers. Was he exciting all the time? No. Was he a smart fighter? That is obvious. But he did something right for those 19 years, to stay undefeated, to be a champion. You can say he cherry picked his way to the top but cherry pickers don't fight top 5 or top 3 fighters in their division. When Floyd moved up in every division, he ended up fighting the champion in those divisions. He didn't take tune up fights, he fought the top guy, the big dog and outclassed them. He's done everything all the fighters in the present and in the past wish they did. The amount of money he made. The records he broke. Titles in 5 different weight classes. He is what every fighter wishes they could be. There isn't anything else to accomplish and we all know, it doesn't make sense to fight GGG, when he himself, wont even move up 1 division to take on Andre Ward, nor accept a fight with Erislandy Lara who is willing to move up to 160lbs. Floyd puts on masterful performances every time he steps into the ring and only those who understand the sweet science, who appreciate the hit and not get hit style that Willie Pep, Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Pernell Whittaker, James Toney, Roy Jones Jr and several others will be remembered for. Floyd will definitely not be remembered as TBE now, perhaps in the future or perhaps never but, Floyd is world class and is definitely the TBE of this era.

Bruh separate that ?

He said he a blogger too... But having my doubts.. They usually separate that ?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    COwfOXaVEAAJiKM.jpg

This ? ain't even fair lol
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    As Floyd Mayweather closes his career, which is not likely, due to him being competitive and looking to be remembered as the greatest, many casual fans will remember Floyd as the runner but many boxing fans will remember Floyd for his career especially at the lighter weights, when he did stand in front of his opponents, make them miss and light them up with combinations. That was an exciting Floyd Mayweather. Many will hate him but that comes with a career he created with the characters Pretty Boy Floyd and Money. Just as Mike Tyson created a persona to sell fights and a character, to entice the fans and casual fans alike, just as Ali was extremely charismatic and sarcastic to have all eyes on him, Floyd created something for himself through watching these fighters. We can hate on him all we like but a person that is disliked can never have millions tuning into watch him once or twice a year and break records cause that is not possible. Floyd gave his all for 19 years as a fighter, just as all of us give our all everyday in our careers. Was he exciting all the time? No. Was he a smart fighter? That is obvious. But he did something right for those 19 years, to stay undefeated, to be a champion. You can say he cherry picked his way to the top but cherry pickers don't fight top 5 or top 3 fighters in their division. When Floyd moved up in every division, he ended up fighting the champion in those divisions. He didn't take tune up fights, he fought the top guy, the big dog and outclassed them. He's done everything all the fighters in the present and in the past wish they did. The amount of money he made. The records he broke. Titles in 5 different weight classes. He is what every fighter wishes they could be. There isn't anything else to accomplish and we all know, it doesn't make sense to fight GGG, when he himself, wont even move up 1 division to take on Andre Ward, nor accept a fight with Erislandy Lara who is willing to move up to 160lbs. Floyd puts on masterful performances every time he steps into the ring and only those who understand the sweet science, who appreciate the hit and not get hit style that Willie Pep, Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Pernell Whittaker, James Toney, Roy Jones Jr and several others will be remembered for. Floyd will definitely not be remembered as TBE now, perhaps in the future or perhaps never but, Floyd is world class and is definitely the TBE of this era.

You a blogger or something??

I enjoy writing about things im passionate about lol... i do have a blog as well.

I'll read in a bit my man!! Just cooking some pasta! ;)

Word.....so we just winking at ? like thats cool? No doubt
  • KLICHE
    Options
    Floyd definitely could of stepped it up and let his hands go more

and Berto was exaclty what I expected

But at the end of the day, Money got the W, like he should of

I respect Mayweather's grind, hustle and mindset towards the sport

I don't see tha ? as TBE, but he is definitely in the Top 20 of boxers that ever laced them up

Maybe the TBE welterweight boxer???!?
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i
    He made just about everybody look like Andre Berto the end.

Andre Berto gave a greater effort than Pacquiao
    in all fairness to pac he did fight mayweather with a torn rotator cuff

• BigBallsNoWorries
    Options
    Here you go bruh

As Floyd Mayweather closes his career, which is not likely, due to him being competitive and looking to be remembered as the greatest, many casual fans will remember Floyd as the runner but many boxing fans will remember Floyd for his career especially at the lighter weights, when he did stand in front of his opponents, make them miss and light them up with combinations. That was an exciting Floyd Mayweather.

Many will hate him but that comes with a career he created with the characters Pretty Boy Floyd and Money. Just as Mike Tyson created a persona to sell fights and a character, to entice the fans and casual fans alike, just as Ali was extremely charismatic and sarcastic to have all eyes on him, Floyd created something for himself through watching these fighters. We can hate on him all we like but a person that is disliked can never have millions tuning into watch him once or twice a year and break records cause that is not possible. Floyd gave his all for 19 years as a fighter, just as all of us give our all everyday in our careers. Was he exciting all the time? No. Was he a smart fighter? That is obvious. But he did something right for those 19 years, to stay undefeated, to be a champion.

You can say he cherry picked his way to the top but cherry pickers don't fight top 5 or top 3 fighters in their division. When Floyd moved up in every division, he ended up fighting the champion in those divisions. He didn't take tune up fights, he fought the top guy, the big dog and outclassed them. He's done everything all the fighters in the present and in the past wish they did. The amount of money he made. The records he broke. Titles in 5 different weight classes. He is what every fighter wishes they could be.

There isn't anything else to accomplish and we all know, it doesn't make sense to fight GGG, when he himself, wont even move up 1 division to take on Andre Ward, nor accept a fight with Erislandy Lara who is willing to move up to 160lbs. Floyd puts on masterful performances every time he steps into the ring and only those who understand the sweet science, who appreciate the hit and not get hit style that Willie Pep, Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Pernell Whittaker, James Toney, Roy Jones Jr and several others will be remembered for. Floyd will definitely not be remembered as TBE now, perhaps in the future or perhaps never but, Floyd is world class and is definitely the TBE of this era.

Thanks ?

Maybe now I'll read this emotional ? you wrote
  • KLICHE
    Options

I enjoy writing about things im passionate about lol... i do have a blog as well.

My bad, was just looking to hit the smiley face at the post conference link my ? .... No harm intended my man
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Golden Girl still hating

[img]https://scontent-ord1-1.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11988594_957023801025927_8398545996126952448_n.jpg?oh=b9b3bfaac669d4955bc0faca3cd9ef50&oe=56705731[/img]
  • aneed123
    Options
    People who have never even watched Sugar Ray Robinson fights say he's the TBE. There isn't even enough tape on him to come to that conclusion. That's something annoys me. They rate fighters based on word of mouth but I want to see what that person is actually doing, their skill set.

exactly..... then a lot of those older guys were brawlers and them black and white films were vs bums. Nostalgia always does this. I also look at it like this who at 130 would folk favor to beat Floyd 135 maybe Ray Or Duran but I saw Ray make Duran quit by using movement and boxing ? 140 (maybe Pryor) Chavez? nope I saw Pea and Randall eat him up 147 (Ray Leonard prolly Hearns Would love to see him vs Benitez) 154 I see Mccallum Donald Curry and Norris giving him hell but only Body Snatcher I pick to win. Thats over 5 weight classes where theres only 3-4 fighters I pick to beat him thats Greatness
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i
    He made just about everybody look like Andre Berto the end.

Andre Berto gave a greater effort than Pacquiao
    in all fairness to pac he did fight mayweather with a torn rotator cuff

:expressionless:
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    COwfOXaVEAAJiKM.jpg

And i see lames in here sayin Berto put on a better fight than Pac? Lol
  • KLICHE
    Options

My bad, was just looking to hit the smiley face at the post conference link my ? .... No harm intended my man
    Golden Girl still hating

[img]https://scontent-ord1-1.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11988594_957023801025927_8398545996126952448_n.jpg?oh=b9b3bfaac669d4955bc0faca3cd9ef50&oe=56705731[/img]

WTF is Oscars problem Lol man this ? is lame on his part
  • aneed123
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    COwfOXaVEAAJiKM.jpg

He tried harder than Pac. Manny gave up when he couldnt land a big left and when he felt Floyd right and was content losing. Berto tried to the end even risking getting koed in the 12th. Manny didnt do that.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    De La Hoya is part of the same era tho
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    Options
    Best Defensive Fighter Ever?

I would give him that quicker than calling him TBE

I mean when discussing ? like "The Best Ever"

You got to consider all different types of criteria

How long they fought?

Who were there best wins?

Who did they fight and When did they fight em (b4 prime, prime, after prime)

How did they look doing it?

What type of fighter were they?

And finally what era were they fighting in?

You can't just throw declare Floyd TBE without discussing and dissecting this ?

and I'd be damned If I take a casual ass fan opinion seriously
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Berto bought the fam out to gain some sympathy lol
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    COwfOXaVEAAJiKM.jpg

He tried harder than Pac. Manny gave up when he couldnt land a big left and when he felt Floyd right and was content losing. Berto tried to the end even risking getting koed in the 12th. Manny didnt do that.

If ppl wanna say Berto put on a better "fight" as in showed more fighting spirit than that's one thing but he didn't display the better fight, those stats show Berto was ass in the ring...
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    COwfOXaVEAAJiKM.jpg

If ppl wanna say Berto put on a better "fight" as in showed more fighting spirit than that's one thing but he didn't display the better fight, those stats show Berto was ass in the ring...

Lol those are standard stats for people fighting Floyd tho
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't no such thing as one GOAT but I don't see how you can say Floyd isn't top 10. That's not really debatable to me.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac landed like 1 less punch than berto if my memory serves me.. and compubox is not fail proof stone cold accurate.. he conducted himself better than Pacquiao

KYS