Weakest link series: Wu tang

Options

Comments

• Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface
    qawshun wrote: »
    Outta the list gza never really caught my ear like the rest. But we all know masta is and ugod are 1 and 1.2 wackest rappers i wanna say ever but that's not true there are plenty who are worse but i don't listen to them. Ugod and masta wack ass (damn near single handedly ruined triumph) were forced on me for years.

But Genius said "This is a gathering of the masters that come to pay respect to the Wu Tang Clan..."
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rza
    "You know that shid is...fu-cking ri-dic-ulous"
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rza
    Dave2one6 wrote: »
    Outta the list gza never really caught my ear like the rest. But we all know masta is and ugod are 1 and 1.2 wackest rappers i wanna say ever but that's not true there are plenty who are worse but i don't listen to them. Ugod and masta wack ass (damn near single handedly ruined triumph) were forced on me for years.

But Genius said "This is a gathering of the masters that come to pay respect to the Wu Tang Clan..."

That was Masta Killa...
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghostface
    BenjaminE wrote: »

That was Masta Killa...

tomato tamaatoe.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rza
    BenjaminE wrote: »

That was Masta Killa...

tomato tamaatoe.

Does anyone ever say tamaato though? That's like when Stewie pronounces the H in Cool-Whip...
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Should be an all of the above option.

This.

If everybody agree that the weakest link is someone different, can we all agree that them ? is WACK???
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rza

This.

If everybody agree that the weakest link is someone different, can we all agree that them ? is WACK???

? , you just made a thread on a no limit song asking who got the best verse on it...Your hip hop opinion is voided
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This.

? , you just made a thread on a no limit song asking who got the best verse on it...Your hip hop opinion is voided

LOL thats cuz when you was listenin to Wu, I was bumpin that Mac ? but to each his own.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rza
    Rapping-wise, this is easy, RZA is the worst.

Chemistry-wise, GZA brings nothing to the table.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rapping-wise, this is easy, RZA is the worst.

Chemistry-wise, GZA brings nothing to the table.

You obviously didn't hear Liquid Swords when it was out.

Forget about Bad Boy, Wu Tang was what we listened to in that era.
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Rza
    Rapping wise Rza ass cheeks most his lyrics be off beat majority of the time like how yo raps off rhythm and you the one who made the beat. Where they do that at?
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raekwon
    RAE has a classic but Ghostface was a costar on the album. I hate that his flow has gotten so lazy now and between him and RZA I went begrudgingly with RAE.

I do cosign that Method Man underachieved big time though
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rza
    RAE has a classic but Ghostface was a costar on the album. I hate that his flow has gotten so lazy now and between him and RZA I went begrudgingly with RAE.

I do cosign that Method Man underachieved big time though

skip FILA and Raekwon is carrying the Wu in terms of dropping the best albums in recent years.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wanted to vote U-? .
    ? his career and struggle bars with a rusty knife.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gza

Flags tho really lol ya'll kneegrows man smh
  • brimstone
    brimstone Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Options
    masta killa or u ?
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a Wu head, my vote goes to Inspectah Deck (even though he's not on the list), and here's why:

Besides his Czarface album, he hasn't put out anything solo worth mentioning, let alone worth listening to. He also hasn't done much else in terms of collaborations with other artists like most of the Wu in the last 20+ years.

Inspectah Deck's major contributions to Wu-tang group albums are major, no doubt, but they are practically limited to just that - group albums. Contributions that are added to the albums along with the rest of the members on the basis of who has the hottest verses for the song. Contributions that, if they weren't up to par, wouldn't make the album (there's a reason U-? and Masta Killah get so little verses even on Wu-tang group albums).

He has the potential to be the GOAT member of the group, but he's lazy and seemingly uninterested unless specially provoked in a group setting.
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raekwon
    He's not even an option and U ? is still leading the vote
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raekwon
    sully wrote: »
    As a Wu head, my vote goes to Inspectah Deck (even though he's not on the list), and here's why:

Besides his Czarface album, he hasn't put out anything solo worth mentioning, let alone worth listening to. He also hasn't done much else in terms of collaborations with other artists like most of the Wu in the last 20+ years.

Inspectah Deck's major contributions to Wu-tang group albums are major, no doubt, but they are practically limited to just that - group albums. Contributions that are added to the albums along with the rest of the members on the basis of who has the hottest verses for the song. Contributions that, if they weren't up to par, wouldn't make the album (there's a reason U-? and Masta Killah get so little verses even on Wu-tang group albums).

He has the potential to be the GOAT member of the group, but he's lazy and seemingly uninterested unless specially provoked in a group setting.

Disagree with him being the weak link.I do agree he had the potential to be on the same level as Ghost .

Call it docile rapper syndrome.

MJG has it too

• jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would say RZA yet back in 97 when I was considering summer school he convince me to skip it and just pop in the WU Tang double CD. Yo that was all the education I needed that year.
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly this is a tough one to pick, but it'll been easier if U-? was listed.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rza
    RZA is the Silk The Shocker of New York
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know why ya'll are hating on RZA. I like his style and what he talks about is deep. Check out his verse on this Gravediggaz track.

The Night The Earth Cried - Gravediggaz

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7TiQ6QPWkPk
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rza probably got the WOAT flow though
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options