The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Who y'all think would win between a prime Sweet Pea and Mayweather???

Floyd ud or sd refs robbed pea a lot Floyd is a tad bit better offensively and is bigger
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i gotta give mayweather credit... he is a top 5 greatest defensive fighter of all time ... he was his own best promoter... he gave opportunities for certain fighters to make a nice check i hope the next great star has the same buisness approach that floyd did... he didn't let them shady promoters ? him like they did so many others. i believe he will fight one more time but i'm leanin towards him givin a younger fighter a chance(garcia or thurman possibly).
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    i gotta give mayweather credit... he is a top 5 greatest defensive fighter of all time ... he was his own best promoter... he gave opportunities for certain fighters to make a nice check i hope the next great star has the same buisness approach that floyd did... he didn't let them shady promoters ? him like they did so many others. i believe he will fight one more time but i'm leanin towards him givin a younger fighter a chance(garcia or thurman possibly).
    Top 5? ? he is easily the greatest defensive fighter of all time, and like @PimpMVP above me said, top 5 period, which means he could very well be TBE. The ? is unfuckwithable... period. I've seen many fighters from many different eras... none of them have consistently displayed the entire package that Floyd has over his career. #TMT #TBE
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    floyd is a top 5 defensive fighter and counter puncher.
    best part about boxing is there are different styles and criteria for judging fighters
    people get so absorbed into this p4p and all time ranking thing they forget what the lists are for.
    its all what if and speculation, in other words its not real or measurable because its based on opinions not facts.
    floyd cleaned up most of the top dogs in his era. some were left off or skipped but everyone does that ? lol
    i'll respect what he did in the sport. i wasn't entertained by most of it (before anyones panties get ruffled, i feel he could have stepped on the gas and gatti'd a few more guys)
    but its over lol be glad you got to see it for future what ifs your kids will hit you with.
    now on to who got next.
  • nycest_1
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Lol I think I was the only one in the world not entertained by that Martinez-Salido fight

And Badou Jack need to work on his left hand

martinez salido has been terrible for every second they've fought
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd should be top 5 on everybody s list period....one of the simple reason is aint no fighter out there that cant tell Floyd " i whooped ur ass tho" lol .... But naw i dont historically theres 5boxers better than him P 4 P
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    1ccc4c.gif
    31ac12.gif
    7a033c.gif

man Floyd was straight toying with this kid
  • nycest_1
    Options
    Floyd should be top 5 on everybody s list period....one of the simple reason is aint no fighter out there that cant tell Floyd " i whooped ur ass tho" lol .... But naw i dont historically theres 5boxers better than him P 4 P

lol thats not how opinions work lol
    i can see him being left off a few lists due to something that was no fault of his own (weak competition)

and that "i whooped ur ass" thing goes bother ways lol theres maybe 5-10 guys tops on floyds resume that he can actually say he whooped their ass
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »

lol thats not how opinions work lol
    i can see him being left off a few lists due to something that was no fault of his own (weak competition)

and that "i whooped ur ass" thing goes bother ways lol theres maybe 5-10 guys tops on floyds resume that he can actually say he whooped their ass

49-0 says otherwise ....outta those 49, it aint really one that can say i put them things on you...the whole weak competition is relative and a trash argument....ask Tyson or Ali bout so called weak competition
  • playboy buddy rose
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Lol at top 5 defensively.

? is top 5 period.

Give the man his props
    imma give you 5 fighters at welterweight who betta than may(140-147) ray robinson

ray leonard

emille griffin
  • playboy buddy rose
    Options
    duran ,hearns, basillio,peret,trinidad do i need to go further?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

whats ur criteria for this again?
  • playboy buddy rose
    Options

whats ur criteria for this again? [/quote\]jus name droppin welterweights that would beat mayweather.... not necessarily betta technical boxers .
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd discipline alone sets him apart from the pack...
    Leonard was one of the best to ever do it, but even he had moments where his discipline was tested...

Look at the zab fight where Floyd was fouled twice, and a brawl took place... Floyd in the corner calm as ? ...

The Ortiz fight where everyone was mad about the "sucker punch" that ? was just extreme focus. The second he heard the words fight, her fought...

When Shane buckles him, he was disciplined as hell, never over reacted. Never panicked.
    The Augustus fight.. ? as hell, he never really figured dude out yet he stayed composed,

Gatti & Chico... known brawlers who he obliterate . But if you watch it, it was a slow systematic break down.. Never jumped them, never braised brawled with them... Just picked his spots and destroyed them...

Almost every great in the ring gets off on adrenaline and has moments where they lose it and try to take a head off..... Never Floyd..

Even in knock outs.. He's calm, composed, accurate
    . dude is tbe
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody got a yourube or bit torrent of this fight yet. I watched it in ? quality
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Lol at top 5 defensively.

? is top 5 period.

Give the man his props
    imma give you 5 fighters at welterweight who betta than may(140-147) ray robinson

ray leonard

emille griffin
    You think they are better fighters than Money? I say he beats all of them. ? you thought Pacquiao was going to beat Floyd so idk how serious I can take your opinion lol

No doubt a few of them give Floyd a tough fight, but I can see him beating all of them. None of them have been in with a defensive genius like Floyd, ever. And ? seem to forget, the more aggressive you are, the more Floyd thrives off that ? . ? going to be swinging at air all night. I can see Floyd possibly losing to 1 of those names, but my money... is on money.

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Yea man Floyd the best ever to ever do it...
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ the fight last night. "Fight" if that's what you wanna call it. Floyd was doing what he do. I wouldn't doubt, he picked Berto just to give him some fame......

Good to see Sweat Pea Pernell get mentioned in here too. Anyone know how he been since the issue w/ his mom's and families house out there in VA??

Just seen my dude out and about in this recent pic too. He was one of the greats, gave Floyd his props and said he deserves every penny......

2C38523300000578-0-image-m-19_1442088886513.jpg
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    even tho i hate that ? , floyd top 5 dead or alive only reason i hate cause i always leave a mayweather fight feeling like he could've done more son like the 04 pistons supreme defense with just enough offense to win ? him doe i wish i could fight him myself dont even need a ring b ill fight that ? in my backyard but hopefully these young cats start fighting each other instead of chasing money
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oscar v manny was a cherry pick gone wrong do your homework youngn
    marquez first fight at 147 last fight before that was at 135 and floyd came in overweight n payed the fine
    canelo wasnt too young as he was still kinda green ? just finish getting a struggle win vs trout
    aint read the rest
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see the gifs posted, I see the post fight conference, and yeah, I already miss the fact that this dude is RETIRED!!

? , I might even go watch a few re-runs of fights on youtube lol

Highlights and ? .

Man. AT 38 dude was moving great. Even some of his sloppier moments were magical to watch compared to hsi opponents over the years lol
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sorry but I'm sitting here thinking about it and Floyd really is amazing

People want a ? who Fight at 147 to fight the best MW since Bernard Hopkins because he the best chance MW and below to beat him
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea ? are hilarious with the floyd hate, the fact that his two most contested victory's he immediately scheduled a rematch shows how much of a perfectionist dude is....