Name Groups/Artists That Have 4 Classic Albums In A Row

Options
5 Grand
5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got this idea from another thread, Who has the best 2 album combo. The question remains, who has the best 4 album streak?

In no particular order

1. Public Enemy - Yo ? Rush The Show, It Takes A Nation of Millions, Fear of A Black Planet, Apocalypse 91

2. Eric B and Rakim - Paid In Full, Follow The Leader, Let The Rhythm Hit Em, Don't Swet The Technique

3. Nas - Illmatic, It Was Written, I Am, Nastradamus and/or Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, ? 's Son, Streets Disciple

4. Tupac - Me Against The World, All Eyes On Me, Makevelli, R U Still Down

5. Jay Z - Reasonable Doubt, Volume 1, Volume 2, Volume 3 and/or Dynasty, Blueprint, Blueprint 2, Black Album

Add on

Comments

• bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    first one that comes to mind is Talib Kweli

BlackStar
    Reflection Eternal
    Quality
    The Beautiful Struggle (i might be reaching with this album but Talib was on such a great run. Everything he dropped was heat)
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Came to say Face

Add Geto Boys, Mc Eiht

On a limb add Killa Cam, project pat and Jim Jones (solid albums maybe not classics)
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem - Slim Shady LP, Marshal Mathers LP, Eminem Show.......Oh just forget about it!

Side note, encore wasn't that bad.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Bone Thugs dropped 1 classic (East 1999) and 3 dope albums (Creepin, Art of War and Resurrection)
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1988 Eazy-Duz-It
    1992 5150: Home 4 tha Sick
    1993 It's On (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa
    1995 Str8 off tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin Compton
  • mchg
    mchg Members Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Options
    :bawling: @ it bein anyone but Hova Da Gawd or Scarface Da Bawse

:bawling: @ including them ? JewPac Shakur weed plates (Makavelli, RUSD) & terrible ? bowls (Lostradamus/I Am (Trash)) from Nasir Jonesing-to-be-Hova-Da-Gawd's-equal aka Robert Lost of spoken word

:bawling: @ Eardrum Enemy & Generic B/Flabkim gettin a mention. Flabkim the lyrical GOAT, but his music ain't on par w/ his skills

:bawling: @ how incensed Camel haters be @ Hova Da Gawd havin the GOAT 4-peat (RD, Vol 1-3)
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »
    1988 Eazy-Duz-It
    1992 5150: Home 4 tha Sick
    1993 It's On (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa
    1995 Str8 off tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin Compton

Cosign even tho it was only like 6 songs on one of them joints LOL
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mchg wrote: »
    :bawling: @ it bein anyone but Hova Da Gawd or Scarface Da Bawse

:bawling: @ including them ? JewPac Shakur weed plates (Makavelli, RUSD) & terrible ? bowls (Lostradamus/I Am (Trash)) from Nasir Jonesing-to-be-Hova-Da-Gawd's-equal aka Robert Lost of spoken word

:bawling: @ Eardrum Enemy & Generic B/Flabkim gettin a mention. Flabkim the lyrical GOAT, but his music ain't on par w/ his skills

:bawling: @ how incensed Camel haters be @ Hova Da Gawd havin the GOAT 4-peat (RD, Vol 1-3)

Nah Jay got no 4 great albums period, maybe 2 or 3 but not 4.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    De La Soul: 3 Feet High and Rising, De La Soul is Dead, Buhloone Mindstate, Stakes Is High
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    De La Soul: 3 Feet High and Rising, De La Soul is Dead, Buhloone Mindstate, Stakes Is High

E.P.M.D
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Ghost probably comes the closest with

Ironman
    Supreme clientele
    Bulletproof wallets
    Pretty Toney

2 classics and 2 very good to great albums, if it was Fishscale instead of one of those 2 good albums he'd have 3 classics and a great album
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Actually I'm wrong

Infamous
    Hell on Earth
    Murda Musik
    Infamy

3 classics and a good album, it's hard to even accomplish 3 in a row, no one has 4
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How the Hell aint Nobody said OutKast.???

Errything except "Idlewild" was a Classic
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Options
    It say in a row tho lol
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.I. got 3 Classics "I'm Serious, Trap Muzik, & Urban Legend" some ppl say KING is but i personally hated that album
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Options
    It say in a row tho lol

Idlewild was their Last Project .

Soooooo that's SouthernPlayalistic, ATLiens, Aquemini, Stankonia, & Speakerboxx/The Love Below

Naw I wasn't referring it to u directly..I seen sumbody post albums that wasn't even put out 4 times in a row
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac

2pacalypse/ Strictly 4 my ? /me against the world/All Eyez on me

The Roots

Organix/ Do you want more?/Illadelph Half-Life/ Things fall apart

Phrenology/ Tipping Point/Game Theory/ Rising Down

Common

Can I borrow a dollar/ Resurrection/ one day it'll all make sense/ Like water for chocolate

Little Brother

The Listening/Minstrel Show/Getback/Leftback
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I got this idea from another thread, Who has the best 2 album combo. The question remains, who has the best 4 album streak?

In no particular order

1. Public Enemy - Yo ? Rush The Show, It Takes A Nation of Millions, Fear of A Black Planet, Apocalypse 91

2. Eric B and Rakim - Paid In Full, Follow The Leader, Let The Rhythm Hit Em, Don't Swet The Technique

3. Nas - Illmatic, It Was Written, I Am, Nastradamus and/or Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, ? 's Son, Streets Disciple

4. Tupac - Me Against The World, All Eyes On Me, Makevelli, R U Still Down

5. Jay Z - Reasonable Doubt, Volume 1, Volume 2
    , Volume 3 and/or Dynasty, Blueprint, Blueprint 2, Black Album

Add on

From your list, only 2Pac passes the test........and possibly Jay Z. I scratched out the albums from Eric B/Rakim and PE that have no business being called classics.

I see that you ignored 2Pac's '2Pacalypse Now', 'Thug Life', and 'Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z' albums and included the weaker 'R U Still Down' album. You said 4 straight albums because you're trying to use 'Thug Life' as a loophole to diminish Pac. Your east coast biased ass is not slick.

Anyway, here's the evidence for Pac...........

51MufeB4clL._SL110_.jpg
    61KtuAYrr5L._SL110_.jpg
    51pbc26OHwL._SL110_.jpg
    410fZSYXH3L._SL110_.jpg
    41OvOwx9J2L._SL110_.jpg
    51B3BAPgNwL._SL110_.jpg

All 6 of these albums could be played at a bbq in 2015 and have the crowd moving.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lotta reachin. Nobody, not one artist or group in the history of hip hop has 4 classics in a row. Get the ? outta here. It's hard to find artists with 4 legitimate classics, now they had em in a row?? C'mon g. We need to take it back to the drawing board with this classic ? , ya'll gettin way too loose. Every dope album ain't a classic.