The Official Mac Miller’s ‘GO:OD AM’ Album Discussion (9.18)

Options

Comments

• doodle
    doodle Members Posts: 51
    Options
    Anybody black that likes this album is a sellout. I will never even give a white rapper a chance to mess up. Keep them all out.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked his last 2 albums Mac can rhyme I like his flow & he's become a really good producer..ima have to listen to this one can't wait.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    doodle wrote: »
    Anybody black that likes this album is a sellout. I will never even give a white rapper a chance to mess up. Keep them all out.

0805075399L.jpg

Here's something to occupy your time with. Read this and ? . And when you're finished, I'd like a 10 page report in size 12 font, doube spaced. Got it, Jr.? Now foh and let muhfuckas get back to enjoying this ? .
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Shuddup
    tumblr_njbub26xzN1rqaol3o1_400.gif

• BangEm_Bart
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Yooooo....I been listening to this all day.

This guy likes Drake, but still keeps it original. At 23 years old I can see how he would be influenced.

The ? is so well produced. It's almost unbelievable...

Not gonna lie, in my head I want to find reasons not to like him...because he's white. I'm so sick of seeing whites who portray good intentions but still manage to take the ? out of the culture.

This guy seems genuine, I hope he doesn't ? up and say/do the wrong thing. The word "? " is featured on this album (skits) but you know that it's not him saying it. He's emersed in the culture and it shows.

You wouldn't know he's white if you heard him for the first time.

His features are well thought out. Can't even say he gets outshined.

How he got me to listen to a Chief Keef verse is a feat.

When I talk about the new ? in hip hop in future I will include this guy.

I think he can easily view this as a personal classic.

I like Jump the best. But the slow jams go...Weekend/ROS.

I feel like I've taken up for the boy nh typing this much about this album...but it's not for anybody but me...deliberating if in my own head I should like him.

For now, this a very solid album.

Wholeheartedly agree. I tried to find every reason not to like him especially after the action Bronson, lil whyte, mgk and Iggy Azalea fiasco. I can never be as close minded and ignorant as some of the white ppl in this world no matter how much I try. I hope he doesn't ? up in some racial controversy or get caught up some stupid ? . I wish we could genuinely accept talent without the media making it into a black or white supremacy thing.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad ? giving him a chance

I always felt he was the dopest of the lil mini wave of white rappers who came around the same time

Plus he just seem like a good dude
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    I lost all hope in action Bronson after he made an asinine comment about Ghostface. Let's hope so.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah never ? with Mac Miller but this album dope
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mac been dope. ? just been sleep for obvious reasons. That being said, this album is ridiculous. With this, Watching Movies & Faces, Mac been on a roll.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't like this ? voice. He's clearly talented but his voice annoys me
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Checked this ? out off the strength I saw them TDE ? cosign him on more than one occasion. I definitely ? with the album.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Been ? with him since the kids mixtape. Anybody listen to his larry fisherman stuff (his producer pen name)?

Haven't heard this album yet but I'm gonna run through it this weekend
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been ? with him since the kids mixtape. Anybody listen to his larry fisherman stuff (his producer pen name)?

Haven't heard this album yet but I'm gonna run through it this weekend

He produced like 5 songs on his last album, almost all of his Faces tape, and all of Stolen Youth with Vince Staples.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    This album is ri-? -diculous. I didn't think he could get better than Faces and WMWTSO -- glad I was wrong. I don't have anything bad to say about this joint. Lyrically the kid can go. He sounds more comfortable here than he ever has -- making words bend, experimenting with various sounds and ad libs that complement his delivery and being introspective without coming off like a cornball.

And the production? Pffttt... Some of the best production of the year -- if not the best. Yeah, I said it. Thee best. Or close as ? to Compton and T&Y. Mos def in the same stratosphere as those two. Somber pianos, record scratches, bass laden turn up joints. A cornucopia of sounds that are organic and never feel formulaic or forced.

One of the best albums of the year.

Disclaimer: In no way is my endorsement of Mac Miller, a white rapper, a forfeiture of my right to plausible deniability. In the event said rapper upsets black folk, or the hip-hop community, with dumb white boy ? , I reserve my right to deny his existence and will receive no backlash.

He's essentially operating as the IMF; complete your missions making excellent rap music and we're good. Get caught doing dumb ? and you will be disavowed. That is all.

And this album is worth a sticky.

Welp, you just sold me
  • doodle
    doodle Members Posts: 51
    Options
    Why is this thread stickied? He is a white devil in a black culture and he gets the red carpet rolled out for him. Most of you are just mental slaves.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Never heard any of dudes music like that, might check it out off the reviews. .
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Why is this thread stickied? He is a white devil in a black culture and he gets the red carpet rolled out for him. Most of you are just mental slaves.

I'm gonna punch you in the ovary
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm gonna punch you in the ovary

You listen to this wack ass ? but wack all my posts? You're a ? joke
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOO @ ? Bumping This ? ? WOOOOOAH ... I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU

snoop.png
    snoop.png
    snoop.png

..... My ? Danny Brown Already Hit This Trash Boy With THAT ETHER
    His album was pretty polarizing. How did you feel about it?
    I listened to it. Hey, it’s better than Mac Miller’s. That’s my response. It’s better than Mac Miller’s. He’s the worst guy around. Don’t get me started. His album cover is like, 'Ugh, what is this?' He’s trying to be artistic, huh?

It is pretty abstract.
    If I see him, I’m just going to have to apologize to him, like, 'Man, I just want to apologize for hating you so much. Because I’m not going to stop. You’re probably a cool guy. I don’t feel violent in any way, but I really hate you. I hate your music, man.' It’s just bad.

trash.png
    trash.png
    trash.png

^^^^^^^ THIS IS WHAT HIS ALBUM COVER SHOULD LOOK LIKE

Easily Top 5 WOAT "rappers" to ever disgrace this MIC ......

SAD
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is dope i will listen again
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOO @ ? Bumping This ? ? WOOOOOAH ... I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU

snoop.png
    snoop.png
    snoop.png

..... My ? Danny Brown Already Hit This Trash Boy With THAT ETHER
    His album was pretty polarizing. How did you feel about it?
    I listened to it. Hey, it’s better than Mac Miller’s. That’s my response. It’s better than Mac Miller’s. He’s the worst guy around. Don’t get me started. His album cover is like, 'Ugh, what is this?' He’s trying to be artistic, huh?

It is pretty abstract.
    If I see him, I’m just going to have to apologize to him, like, 'Man, I just want to apologize for hating you so much. Because I’m not going to stop. You’re probably a cool guy. I don’t feel violent in any way, but I really hate you. I hate your music, man.' It’s just bad.

trash.png
    trash.png
    trash.png

^^^^^^^ THIS IS WHAT HIS ALBUM COVER SHOULD LOOK LIKE

Easily Top 5 WOAT "rappers" to ever disgrace this MIC ......

SAD

Now Danny Brown that dude has talent
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    tumblr_lurx9kfEwL1qczgbjo1_250.gif
    THIS ? THINK HE GONE DISRESPECT MY MAN???? GIRRRRRRL HOLD MY EARINGS!

You better Tell HIS ASS GIRL!