Wells Fargo announcing $125 billion effort to help (Hispanic) homebuyers and triple Hispanic househo

Options
2»

Comments

• ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why reach out solely to Hispanics in this way? When it comes to house ownership, Americans in general need help.

The establishment has been doing this for a while now. Black people keep co-signing their own irrelevance so I guess most of us are happy with being marginalized in the future. I mean it takes a massive people's movement to even get talk of police abuse reforms.....yet all these liberals are capin hard to make illegals in this country actually citizens, to give them tons of welfare, to give them free healthcare, and to give them homes(something we never got in numbers after the 60's).
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^
    I'll take all of them merging, trying to expand customer base, using those assets to lend in the community. I'm not expecting a Standard Chartered equivalent
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm Gonna Be In The Market For House Soon Too

dancing-chihuahua-o.gif

tumblr_mipareRU481qlv0xno1_500.gif

• LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all sound like y'all think they are doing this out of the kindness of their heart...
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rembrandt wrote: »
    Rembrandt wrote: »
    Support black owned banks, gotta do this ? ourselves

We would need first, to create these black owned banks.

They exist, do your googles

I have, and found none existing in any significant capacity. Banks need to, at minimum, have a nationwide footprint to truly make an impact economically.

That's so far from the truth it's not even funny. You do realize no bank or business starts huge right? Assets and influence have to start and grow from somewhere. Being a reliable source in a location where small business and entrepreneurs can consistently access is very important regardless of size.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    DES MOINES, Iowa —Wells Fargo Home Mortgage announced Tuesday its support of the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals' "Hispanic Wealth Project," which seeks to triple Hispanic household wealth over the next decade.

Wells Fargo announced the project includes a projected $125 billion in mortgage originations and $10 million to support initiatives to promote financial education and counseling for Hispanic homebuyers.
    According to a news release, Wells Fargo also announced the goal of increasing the number of Hispanic home mortgage consultants on its sales team.
    "Homeownership is a vehicle through which many people build wealth and financial stability," said Brad Blackwell, head of portfolio lending for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. "Homebuying and its downstream benefits can help improve neighborhoods, local businesses, and the overall economy. As the nation's leading home mortgage lender to racially and ethnically diverse homebuyers, including Hispanics, we support NAHREP in this important mission and want to demonstrate our efforts to do more to increase homeownership to these communities."
    The NAHREP Hispanic Wealth Project Blueprint focuses on three component goals to facilitate Hispanic wealth creation: a 50-percent or greater rate of U.S. Hispanic homeownership, a 50-percent increase in the first-year success rate of Hispanic-owned businesses, and a 25-percent increase in the number of Hispanic households owning non-cash financial assets such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds and 401(k) accounts.
    Dimas DeLeon is an Iowa real estate agent. He said the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals Hispanic Wealth Project and its financial support from Wells Fargo will put Hispanics nationwide and here in Iowa on the path toward home ownership.
    "That is their American dream to live in a home for their family, for their future, their kids future
    -- it's a really big deal for them," said DeLeon.

http://www.kcci.com/project-economy/wells-fargo-pledges-125-billion-to-hispanic-home-buyers/35279150

Mean while ? Are Still Afraid To Demand Reparations... This Your Country Tho ... U Built This Nation Tho.
    I Wonder if Latino and Hispanics are gonna ask "what about the black wealth project?"

tumblr_m8d46h2EYO1rao66eo1_500.gif

Gif had me cracking up. Damn good question though.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

Im assuming a business analyst came in and said "Latinos are the fastest growing minority group and are underrepresented in homeownership, this is how we can capitalize on the growing market"
    It's not a zero sum game, where if 5 Latinos come through the door to get a mortgage then that's 5 less "insert racial group" getting a mortgage

You're probably right.
    Why reach out solely to Hispanics in this way? When it comes to house ownership, Americans in general need help.

The establishment has been doing this for a while now. Black people keep co-signing their own irrelevance so I guess most of us are happy with being marginalized in the future. I mean it takes a massive people's movement to even get talk of police abuse reforms.....yet all these liberals are capin hard to make illegals in this country actually citizens, to give them tons of welfare, to give them free healthcare, and to give them homes(something we never got in numbers after the 60's).

To be fair, some black politicians have started stepping up and pointing out what you're saying. Better late than never I guess. I remember a few years ago, I read an article about how black kids in SoCal were having trouble even getting fast food jobs because they didn't speak Spanish. The idea that you can't get a menial job in the U.S. because you don't speak a foreign language is crazy.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Latinos is taking over.

They just trying to get in early.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In reality, it should be harder to get a mortgage.
    Fannie and Freddie should have stricter rules for insurance coverage and eventually privatized.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Won't do them any good because Latinos like living with 2 generations under one roof.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    To be fair, some black politicians have started stepping up and pointing out what you're saying. Better late than never I guess. I remember a few years ago, I read an article about how black kids in SoCal were having trouble even getting fast food jobs because they didn't speak Spanish. The idea that you can't get a menial job in the U.S. because you don't speak a foreign language is crazy.
    I'm in So Cal, and this is absolutely true. When I was first coming up in my teens, most fast food workers were young and Black. Now about 90% of workers are latino(no joke). You have to go to White neighborhoods to see non-Latino workers.

And Black politicians still aren't doing much in my eyes. The political action we see is a result of the people's movement that have sparked the past few years. They don't have a choice to ignore anymore. Even still, all our black districts are being overrun with illegals, and the city council is full of Latino leaders who look out only for their people. Even illegals get more love than black citizens. Meanwhile, Black politicians keep supporting this amnesty BS.

Just wait til the kids of illegals keep growing and Black young adults can't get any job.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    I'm Gonna Be In The Market For House Soon Too

Lol..
    Ya messican ass bout to be in line at Wells Fargo like this..

erg9a8.jpg
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great for them.

Now as for my brothers and sisters we need to start preaching that sooner than now my ? . The Do right by the blacks and pay #everypennydue message I'm bout that life
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Moral of the story we have as black people need to be self reliant because if the US govt decides to cut off black people from govt subsidies we are screwed. We gotta get an economy. Stories like these motivate me to work even harder and hustle harder because I dont want my children and grand children and great gran children go through what i went through. We as a people need to realize that other ethnic groups are not our friends but our compeitors in this capitalisitc system.
  • Scroter
    Scroter Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    Options
    at least we can use the same restrooms as ? , ? u mlk
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    what about us ? ?they destroyed black wallstreet
  • ForgetAboutIt87
    ForgetAboutIt87 Members Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Options
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , need to stop worrying about usa and need to control africa resources. ? a land that we don't own or not predominant in.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Coworker just came back from Africa(south) said it was a ? ...n she was in one the port citys