_Goldie_ wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    60's and 70's rock n roll > early 80's hip hop and r&b

You tripping

The Beatles, rolling stones, sly,Hendrix, cream, ccr....much better sounding music than that ? list

Yea u buggin fam, no ? way in the world The Beatles /Rolling stone >>> MJ/Prince/Parliament etc

You can't be serious

You really think The Beatles/Rolling Stone has a better body of work then MJ /Prince and Parliament Funkadelics? You gotta be trollin lol

Parliament doesn't event belong in the convo, I like them but come on

The Beatles have arguably the best discography in music history, they are the greatest band in the history of music

The rolling stones have a much more epic discography than prince and a bigger influence

You can argue Michael Jackson against almost anyone but not the Beatles....I'm having a hard time believing that you guys believe what your saying

No. That would be radiohead.

Also, keep in mind this is a predominately black forum. Alot of people, like me, would say ? the beatles and rolling stones and would prefer prince and MJ anyday

Radiohead? Did they start making good music?

Oh I know but I figured in 2015 ppl would drop their ignorance and check out other things...prince is cool in small doses but to compare him to some of the greatest music ever is insane
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rubixcuban wrote: »

You tripping

The Beatles, rolling stones, sly,Hendrix, cream, ccr....much better sounding music than that ? list

Yea u buggin fam, no ? way in the world The Beatles /Rolling stone >>> MJ/Prince/Parliament etc

You can't be serious

You really think The Beatles/Rolling Stone has a better body of work then MJ /Prince and Parliament Funkadelics? You gotta be trollin lol

The Beatles have arguably the best discography in music history, they are the greatest band in the history of music

The rolling stones have a much more epic discography than prince and a bigger influence

You can argue Michael Jackson against almost anyone but not the Beatles....I'm having a hard time believing that you guys believe what your saying

Also, keep in mind this is a predominately black forum.

Based on.what exactly
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

You tripping

Bruh

Human Nature alone>>>>>>

You tripping

Bruh

Human Nature alone>>>>>>

Hahahahaha no...nice try though

Yea you trippin

Nah you just wrong....it's actually laughable that you'd believe the ? you typed

I bet a million that you bumped Mike Jack more recently than a Beetle or Hendrix.

I haven't listened to Michael Jackson since the 80's or early 90's.....I'm going to see a pink floyd/talking heads cover band on Friday so..

You're white.

Bob Marley and the Wailers >>> The Beatles
    Parliament/Funkadelic >>> The Beatles
    Kool & The Gang >>> The Beatles
    Earth Wind & Fire >>> The Beatles
    Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 >>> The Beatles
    Jackson 5 >>> The Beatles
    James Brown & The J.B.s >>> The Beatles
    The Jimmy Hendrix Experience >>> The Beatles
    Prince & The Revolution >>> The Beatles
    The Roots >>> The Beatles

There's no way on Earth you can say a white band produced the best music that's ever been recorded. Black people make superior music. That's a fact, even white people will admit that (although there is some good music by White artists, generally Black Music has more flavor). Black people invented Jazz, Rock N Roll, Reggae and Hip Hop. All the Beatles did was cover Black artists. When they finally started making their own music it was ok but the stuff Motown and Stax were putting out was far superior. The Beatles (and the Rolling Stones) don't have any soul. Their music is bland with no flavor.

Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour, Tommy, Paranoia, Dark Side Of The Moon, all those classic rock albums are ok. I wasn't feeling Never Mind The Bullocks but I know White people love it.

When its all said and done the music I posted in my original post would have people dancing at a funeral.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pink Flloyd is dope tho
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You tripping

You can't be serious

Based on.what exactly

You must be new here, the reason is notorious for not supporting anything that's not
    5 Grand wrote: »

You tripping

Bruh

Human Nature alone>>>>>>

You tripping

Bruh

Human Nature alone>>>>>>

Yea you trippin

Nah you just wrong....it's actually laughable that you'd believe the ? you typed

I bet a million that you bumped Mike Jack more recently than a Beetle or Hendrix.

I haven't listened to Michael Jackson since the 80's or early 90's.....I'm going to see a pink floyd/talking heads cover band on Friday so..

You're white.

There's no way on Earth you can say a white band produced the best music that's ever been recorded. Black people make superior music. That's a fact, even white people will admit that (although there is some good music by White artists, generally Black Music has more flavor). Black people invented Jazz, Rock N Roll, Reggae and Hip Hop. All the Beatles did was cover Black artists. When they finally started making their own music it was ok but the stuff Motown and Stax were putting out was far superior. The Beatles (and the Rolling Stones) don't have any soul. Their music is bland with no flavor.

Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour, Tommy, Paranoia, Dark Side Of The Moon, all those classic rock albums are ok. I wasn't feeling Never Mind The Bullocks but I know White people love it.

When its all said and done the music I posted in my original post would have people dancing at a funeral.

Wow you went full blown ? on that one...close this thread 5 grand needs medication and help
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Ive tried on multiple occasions to listen to The Beatles , and everytime I come to the conclusion that the ? is trash. Its too ? bland with no soul. I cant even call it a race thing ,cuz blacks created rock, but Ill take funk over rock 10 times outta 10. EWF >>>The Beatles
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

You tripping

Bruh

Human Nature alone>>>>>>

You tripping

Bruh

Human Nature alone>>>>>>

Yea you trippin

You're white.

Don't get our resident ol'head on ya helmet. He know his music history.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    You could put people up on the game without coming off preachy. If they don't know about stuff from 1983, cool school ? .
  • I Self Lord & Master
    edited September 2015
    Options

You tripping

You can't be serious

Based on.what exactly

You must be new here, the reason is notorious for not supporting anything that's not

You tripping

Bruh

Human Nature alone>>>>>>

You tripping

Bruh

Human Nature alone>>>>>>

Yea you trippin

You're white.

Answer the question

• R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

I want to respect your opinion but, unfortunately, I truly believe you don't know anything about music. Especially after that comment.
    Oh I know but I figured in 2015 ppl would drop their ignorance and check out other things...prince is cool in small doses but to compare him to some of the greatest music ever is insane

meh, it's all subjective. I never thought rolling stones or Beatles sucked, but it's not that much of a stretch to say i like prince and micheal jackson better. It's not like I'm comparing them to black eye peas.

• R2_163
    Options

You tripping

You can't be serious

Based on.what exactly

polls and common ? sense

• bck145
    Options

You tripping

You can't be serious

Based on.what exactly

You tripping

Bruh

Human Nature alone>>>>>>

You tripping

Bruh

Human Nature alone>>>>>>

Yea you trippin

You're white.

Answer the question

The reason is full of people who hate anything white....just look at that stupid post 5grand made, sad thing is other ppl on the reason might support that ? for one reason...race
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo, dude white? That has to be the case....Aint no way the Beatles foolin with Rick James, Smoke Robinson, Luther Vandross, Earth Wind and Fire, Jackson 5 etc....
  • R2_163
    Options
    lolol my ? said earth wind and fire. *shrugs*
  • I Self Lord & Master
    Options

You tripping

You can't be serious

Based on.what exactly

polls and common ? sense

Let me put it to you lije this, assuming you're black, the way this board operates and gives tge vibes as black people do in reality?

If so u came up under some alternative ass ? , cause i aint come under ? talkin about white people all day every day day after day after day after day...among other silly ? on here

But to each hhis own
  • bck145
    Options

I want to respect your opinion but, unfortunately, I truly believe you don't know anything about music. Especially after that comment.

meh, it's all subjective. I never thought rolling stones or Beatles sucked, but it's not that much of a stretch to say i like prince and micheal jackson better. It's not like I'm comparing them to black eye peas.

I can't stand Radiohead...but that's my opinion

I'm not saying Jackson or prince are ? , they are the names other posters mentioned, but to say as whole genre that early 80's r&b even touches the classic music from the British invasion era is bonkers
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So you ? gone sat here and honestly say James Brown is better than Barry Manilow?
  • R2_163
    edited September 2015
    Options

You tripping

You can't be serious

Based on.what exactly

polls and common ? sense

Let me put it to you lije this, assuming you're black, the way this board operates and gives tge vibes as black people do in reality?

If so u came up under some alternative ass ? , cause i aint come under ? talkin about white people all day every day day after day after day after day...among other silly ? on here

But to each hhis own

This board basically operates like a regular messageboard. racism, bias memes etc. it's really not that unique. But the culture is there. You can tell by the way people type,interest, reacts to posts etc. I could tell bck145 is white (or not black) simply by the way he types. not like he's on some goofy white boy ? like genocide, but still you can tell. I mean yeah , it's just assumptions but you can make good judgement calls on ? .

some people have different taste, it's not all racism

• R2_163
    Options
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    So you ? gone sat here and honestly say James Brown is better than Barry Manilow?

yes ? . are you dumb?
  • bck145
    Options

You tripping

You can't be serious

Based on.what exactly

polls and common ? sense

But to each hhis own

This board basically operates like a regular messageboard. racism, bias memes etc. it's really not that unique. But the culture is there. You can tell by the way people type,interest, reacts to posts etc. I could tell bck145 is white (or not black) simply by the way he types. not like he's on some goofy white boy ? like genocide, but still you can tell. I mean yeah , it's just assumptions but you can make good judgement calls on ? .

Insert educated instead of the word white and we might be on to something
  • R2_163
    Options

You tripping

You can't be serious

Based on.what exactly

lolol

polls and common ? sense

But to each hhis own

Insert educated instead of the word white and we might be on to something

lmao. I'm sorry but your posts don't come off as intelligent or educated. I'm not sure how you came to that notion, but trust me, it's not that.

• Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ahhh man this turned into a race thread

U all know opinions arent facts right?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

I can't stand Radiohead...but that's my opinion

I'm not saying Jackson or prince are ? , they are the names other posters mentioned, but to say as whole genre that early 80's r&b even touches the classic music from the British invasion era is bonkers

The so-called "British invasion" was just White people from England covering Black music. They didn't create their own music. It was Black music covered by White musicians with White corporate sponsors. But the original Black versions of those songs were far superior to the White covers.

What is "classic music from the British invasion era" anyway? If you're referring to so-called "classic rock" those artists didn't even create their own style, they stole from Black American music. In order for a style of music to be superior, first it has to be original. And since the British classic rock isn't original it can't be superior.

As far as genres of music are concerned, classic rock wasn't even the best style of music at the time it was released. Although its subjective, Motown and Stax were on fire. You should buy a Motown Greatest Hits album and a Stax Greatest Hits album. Also Atlantic Records. If you're into psychedelic rock Funkadelic has several albums from the late 60s and early 70s that are hella blunted and have samples that you might recognize.

Miles Davis, John Coltrane and Pharaoh Sanders were also putting out some great Jazz music in the late 60s. Herbie Hancock, Freddie Hubbard and Roy Ayers Ubiquity were releasing classic fusion Jazz albums throughout the 70s.

James Brown, Curtis Mayfield, Isaac Hayes, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder and Barry White were the cornerstone of Soul throughout the late 60s and early 70s and were far better than whatever the Beatles were doing before or after they broke up and did solo projects.

Basically my point is that the so-called "British invasion era" music wasn't even the best music of that era. The reason why it wasn't the best music of that era is because it wasn't original. They didn't create their own style. They imitated Black musicians but they didn't have any flavor.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    radiohead tho?

i mean they cool but the not even the best alternative band, or even close

i love rock and alternative music, and im not huge prince or mj fans, with that said

the beatles and rolling stones overrated as ? and ? keith richards.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    It's stupid to be from the 80's/ 90's and not have respect for older music seeing that hip hop comes from sampling.

While I'm a hip hop dude It is whole different type of musician that made ? like Motown and Stax and rock.

I have the up most respect for those old RnB/Rock/Funk/jazz groups etc,

Just like these younger fans should recognize the musicianship and creativity it took to do what early and golden era hip hop did.

Rap is so popular now,some may not remember when rap music barely got radio play in rotation.

You had to love this ? to find new music.No internet.Just word of mouth,mix shows,underground mixtapes,The Source and actual record stores you had to drive or walk to,where music was sold.