The Official Future x Drake -- "What A Time To Be Alive" Mixtape Thread [20/09/2015 at 8 PM EST]

Options

Comments

• xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    GOT DAYUMMIT @MrCrookedLetter YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME THAT ARTICLE JUST GOT PRESSED NO MORE THAN 5 MINUTES AGO HOW IN THE ROYAL HELL DID YOU GET IT BEFORE ME :( I SWEAR TO ? THIS ? IS THE REAL CNN FOR REAL ? , ? CAN'T HAVE NOTHING AROUND HERE SMMFH LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
    Lol cause he's checking HitsDailyDouble and you're checking ThisIs50.

Drake may just be a genius at this. He wants fans like me and you but he will also take the ignorant ones who don't really listen to what they're listening to. Hittin' you from every angle.

So wait, are you calling me ignorant because SuperFuture is one of my favorite artists?

Please elaborate on your ignorant statement
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man after Big Rings this ? basically becomes background music to me. Still a decent project nonetheless
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I the only 1 that's kinda disappointed?
    I played this ? twice and went right back to back to the bando and black dollar
    Digital dash tho>>>>>>>

if you don't pay attention to the weirdos everybody thinks the same thing

future aint even bring the flames he brung on ds2 this ? sound like a half way put together future mixtape he had stashed somewhere then drake hoped on it real quick , this is the closes thing you will see to ? making free money
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    edited September 2015
    Options
    idk how yall like diamonds im have to give that another run through, but aint that the track when these ? duet ?

they both cant sing but they do good enough to get a hook together well,

but when they both sing on the same track it like positive and a negative it cancels each other out

i skipped that ? immediately a track called diamonds with two barely able to sing ? doing a ballot na foh im good
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mixtape aight it ain't no mind blowing ? it is good ? to bump in the car or good ? to smoke to when you chilling or even playing a game

It is what it is
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? go to itunes it's on there

This ? is better then DS2 to me & Monster

Drake lyrically has stepped up
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I don't resonate as Drake a fan but I don't dislike him either. He makes good music, although very one dimensional and be can spit despite all the ghost writing stuff. With that said, this tape is unbearable. I didn't like IYRTITL since that sound didn't work well wit him but this is worse. Outside of the 30 for 30 freestyle, he was just forcing himself to be on future's level. Which is why I get he needs ghost writers to write dumbed down lyrics.

I never heard a future project til just now and I'm ok with that. I couldn't make it past half these tracks. I see what sion is saying. This is just Drake gettin on that Future wave. The subtle shots at Meek were funny. Overall... Ppl ? wit it, cool. For me, slam dunk in the recycle bin

A ghostwriter for help writing dumbed down lyrics....interesting thought. Usually its for writing lyrics that sound more in depth than usual. It'd be funny to see a rapper have to get help to sound more simplistic
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Got the link but its saying unsupported format :'(
    texas409 wrote: »
    Help me

? check yo inbox >_>
  • kingofkingz
    Options
    Wtf ? . If yall don't like it why even bother listening to it & coming in here commenting & insulting people that do like it?

I don't like ross music but yall don't never see me in his threads throwing shade

I like the album it's everything i was expecting from 2 of my favorite artists!!
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    I don't resonate as Drake a fan but I don't dislike him either. He makes good music, although very one dimensional and be can spit despite all the ghost writing stuff. With that said, this tape is unbearable. I didn't like IYRTITL since that sound didn't work well wit him but this is worse. Outside of the 30 for 30 freestyle, he was just forcing himself to be on future's level. Which is why I get he needs ghost writers to write dumbed down lyrics.

I never heard a future project til just now and I'm ok with that. I couldn't make it past half these tracks. I see what sion is saying. This is just Drake gettin on that Future wave. The subtle shots at Meek were funny. Overall... Ppl ? wit it, cool. For me, slam dunk in the recycle bin

A ghostwriter for help writing dumbed down lyrics....interesting thought. Usually its for writing lyrics that sound more in depth than usual. It'd be funny to see a rapper have to get help to sound more simplistic

It's obvious that some of these ? are still in their feelings about that legendary Drake -vs Meek thread.........LOL.

Drake is even having fun now with the Q Miller ? .......

On the very first track, "Digital Dash," Drizzy raps, in his first verse late into the song, "I might just take Quentin to Follies."

He's presumably referring to the Follies strip club in Atlanta, though he uses the club's name to joke that he may take Quentin to a theatrical performance full of impersonators. Though maybe he just wants to award Miller with a few racks for his work on IYRTITL.

In any case, this is the first time Drake has explicitly mentioned Quentin Miller by name since the initial ghostwriting accusations. It's good to see that he's not afraid to have a laugh about the whole thing.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/drake-namedrops-quentin-miller-on-digital-dash-news.17708.html
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Wait did that ? Drake just brag about walking in with a chick that makes triple what he makes on digital dash after just killing Meek for being with a more popular chick then him??? Self ether....

The comparison isn't linear.

Perception-wise, It's the difference between a guy simping a more popular, well off chick because he needs the exposure /cash

VS

A guy who has more than ample popularity/ money and being self assured enough to be with an independent women; doing even better than he is.

you ? say anything to defend captain beige is the same ? situation two ? ? ? higher than them

like how the ? do you figure meek simping? you seen the contract?

The only way that ? makes sense to come out drake mouth is that he fired q miller and his new ghost writer didn't listen to the the diss tracks

LMAO. Bruh, I don't even listen to dude heavy like that.
    All I did was explain why he used a lyric in a song...

Notice I said "perception" , not "reality". You can't tell me that the current "perception" of Meek isnt that he went after Nikki cuz she was more successful.

Open your eyes... You can't see dude's street cred getting evicerated?

But Clearly you're in your feelings hating on Drake ... Good luck with that.

As for me... I couldn't give a solitary ? one way or the other.
  • kingofkingz
    Options
    Just chill out bruh!! U really letting ya homosexual side get the best of u

If trump do win. I have absolutely no problem moving back to Canada again :) i love it up there.. personally Toronto is my fave city there. Montreal & Quebec are too racist towards English speaking Americans for my taste

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    Just chill out bruh!! U really letting ya homosexual side get the best of u

If trump do win. I have absolutely no problem moving back to Canada again :) i love it up there.. personally Toronto is my fave city there. Montreal & Quebec are too racist towards English speaking Americans for my taste

This ? sucking drake ? so hard he got a Canadian residency just give this ? stand of the year trophy he killing yall other motherfuckas
  • kingofkingz
    Options
    I have a dual citizenship... I'm more concerned about why u worried about where i stay at & want to decide to live?!

I hate to burst ya bubble patna but u not gon live out ya homosexual ? fantasies with me..

Anyways this album full of so many quoteables i don't know where too begin.. sheeesh these ? went in
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    I have a dual citizenship... I'm more concerned about why u worried about where i stay at & want to decide to live?!

I hate to burst ya bubble patna but u not gon live out ya homosexual ? fantasies with me..

Anyways this album full of so many quoteables i don't know where too begin.. sheeesh these ? went in

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBOOOOOOOODY SAID ANYTHING LIKE THAT WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU

I SAID YOU GURGLING DRAKE MULTIPLE TIMES so if you said "I hate to burst ya bubble patna but u not gon live out ya homosexual ? fantasies involving me and drake."

THE "YOU" WOULD MADE SOME TYPE OF SENSE YOU THINKING ABOUT ME AND HOMOSEXUAL MANNER BRUH?

I LOOK LIKE 40 WATER NOT DRAKE YOU WEIRDO

NOBODY KNOWS WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE ? I LOOK LIKE FANTASIZING ABOUT A DOG IM NOT A WHITE SCHOOL TEACHER
  • kingofkingz
    Options
    I had to play this classic song too just to turn down at work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzlHlLfUB6k&app=desktop
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    GOT DAYUMMIT @MrCrookedLetter YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME THAT ARTICLE JUST GOT PRESSED NO MORE THAN 5 MINUTES AGO HOW IN THE ROYAL HELL DID YOU GET IT BEFORE ME :( I SWEAR TO ? THIS ? IS THE REAL CNN FOR REAL ? , ? CAN'T HAVE NOTHING AROUND HERE SMMFH LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Bro..
    @MrCrookedLetter always come through with the exclusives..
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    5 words
    This ? is trash B.

? giving people a bunch throwaway tracks and called it a album the bar is so low these days that there are people that will call ? a classic 3 months from now this ? will be forgotten about.