That Scarface album came and went pretty fast huh?

Options

Comments

• FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? like to put rappers in there top 5 on the internet but won't press play on the music for real. Cats in this thread listen to it but a majority of people that call Scarface the king of the south probably can't recite 3 full Face verses.

It came and went cause nobody's checking for Face for real for it to be a topic of discussion. I'm sure it's solid though.
  • FanTarner
    FanTarner Members Posts: 19
    Options
    I wonder what H-Rap180 thinks about this album?
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »
    _Lefty wrote: »
    Face has had the same approach since he came out.

Deeply Rooted is toward the bottom of his discography for me, but still a superior album.

Grown man album in an age of grown children.

Your sound doesn't need to translate to today if your sound is timeless.

It's 2015, everything comes and goes pretty fast.

? gon go nuts but my least fave face album was the Fix

Them throwaway rocafella beats n sped up samples aint do it for me...n alot of them beats aint age well

Them funk beats wit all dem instruments is where face gets off

You put the Fix below those unofficial J Prince sanctioned albums?

Like ? and my word ? It wasnt no secret that was some unauthorized fake ? . Never bothered wit it for that reason
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Better than that future and drake ? unless you're ? ? and dont know ? about hip hop
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • uncommonsense
    uncommonsense Members Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What happened? Yall too obsessed with Drake and Future' these days? Or it wasn't nothing special? Or his sound just doesn't translate today? Thought yall HIGHLY anticipated hats hit? It seem to come and go real fast. I saw ? instantly putting the album in the category of Lupes and Kendricks int this year. Maybe hif he was in teh Forbes top 5 or sold headphones or something.. What a year to be a hip hop fan, even tho some of you are nothing but hip hop hypebeasts.

So since folks don't post they daily track listings on here they aint listening to the music offline on their own personal time? LOL. Chill out Brotha'. I like Drake and some of Future stuff but I ain't even listened to their lil' cd yet, ? still sitting on my desktop.
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I usually like Scarface's music, but I didn't like this album.
  • nohiphop1
    nohiphop1 Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It may be safe to say our legends are becoming a thing of the past. Dre's "Compton" not outdoing Future and them is sure sign.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    What happened? Yall too obsessed with Drake and Future' these days? Or it wasn't nothing special? Or his sound just doesn't translate today? Thought yall HIGHLY anticipated hats hit? It seem to come and go real fast. I saw ? instantly putting the album in the category of Lupes and Kendricks int this year. Maybe hif he was in teh Forbes top 5 or sold headphones or something.. What a year to be a hip hop fan, even tho some of you are nothing but hip hop hypebeasts.

So since folks don't post they daily track listings on here they aint listening to the music offline on their own personal time? LOL. Chill out Brotha'. I like Drake and some of Future stuff but I ain't even listened to their lil' cd yet, ? still sitting on my desktop.
    You're not putting two and two together. It went over ya head.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »
    ? like to put rappers in there top 5 on the internet but won't press play on the music for real. Cats in this thread listen to it but a majority of people that call Scarface the king of the south probably can't recite 3 full Face verses.

It came and went cause nobody's checking for Face for real for it to be a topic of discussion. I'm sure it's solid though.

Ty.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like it... Not one of his best but still good. I was playing it tonight actually... Trying to get more into it and enjoy it more.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    I respect the fact that people weren't that impressed with the album. We're not gonna like everything.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Point of this thread? Is there not an official album thread?

• DOPEdweebz
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Wrong thread oops
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im still waiting for my Sean Price and Scarface albums to turn up from Amazon, they are slacking lately...
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

You hit the nail on the head there... Same with Cube, G Rap, Kane and Rakim... People put them in their top 5 or whatever but put a tune on and they cant rapalong to it, they hear it and be like:

george%20bush%20looking%20stupid.jpg

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Threads like this bring out the cornballs
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unbelievable album. I only skip "? You too" and that's because, of the chorus. Otherwise, I think face did an immaculate job of bridging the gap with today's sound and Hip Hop's boom bap. Also, Face's ability to bring different tracks to life through his voice\lyrics was spot on.

I haven't listened to an album better than this in sometime. There are albums I like but nothing I think is as diverse and cohesive.

Albums like this are rough on the ears of those, programmed for drill\trap music or auto-tune, high pitched, goofy voices on records.
  • FlightKing
    Options

You hit the nail on the head there... Same with Cube, G Rap, Kane and Rakim... People put them in their top 5 or whatever but put a tune on and they cant rapalong to it, they hear it and be like:

george%20bush%20looking%20stupid.jpg

We see it all the time. They name legends like it gives them stripes as a hip-hop fan. TI says he's King of the South but ? 'll say "No because of Scarface..." but they don't bump Face unless Jay Z or Nas is involved.

And IDK why @jono hit me with a troll reaction. What's the problem with my post?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• FlightKing
    Options
    jono wrote: »

Facts only. I'm still missing your issue.
    Face has very little buzz for his album to be a big topic of discussion.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People always copping excuses, and of course actin like u can't fool with different types of rap, the album being just decent to someone has nothing to do with their exposure of other subgenre's of rap, u know u gon get a different feel fro face from the jump, sometimes it really is as simple as this album wasn't nun special
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Damn im normally not a Dej Loaf fanboy but lawd ima sucker for nice lips. She got me with that pic bruh

Bruh I saw this pic and just put that ? on everything (on here and my sig, IG, FB, my wallpaper on my phone lol). Deja had a ? like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9DwA_VZDno&feature=player_embedded