Forbes Cash King List

Options
soulfulcat
soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in The Reason
Forbes just released their annual Hip-Hop Cash Kings list, and there is a bit of a surprise in the top-3, as Drake apparently brought in more money this year than Dr. Dre. The list ranks Drizzy behind Jay Z and Diddy and in front of Dre and Pharrell for the top-5. Thereport mentions Drake's constant tour schedule as the likely cause for his bump in the list, though it doesn't mention his deal with Apple and what that did for his year.

As for Dre, who topped last year's list because of his own Apple deal, Forbes says that his checks from Apple haven't slowed up, they're just much smaller than the one that netted him the top spot last year. The report also mentions that his profits from Straight Outta Compton and his new album won't really reflect on his ranking until next year. 

Eminem, Kanye West, Wiz Khalifa​, Nicki Minaj​, and Birdman round out the top-10, while Kendrick Lamar went from spot 15 last year to 13 this year. 50 Cent is one of the bigger names that dropped off the list completely from last year, and that's not much of a surprise based on his filing for bankruptcy and multiple lawsuits that he's dealing with. 

Check out the full list below.

1. Diddy - $60 million 
2. Jay Z - $56 million
3. Drake - $39.5 million
4. Dr. Dre - $33 million
5. Pharrell - $32 million
6. Eminem - $31 million
7. Kanye West - $22 million
8. Wiz Khalifa - $21.5 million
9. Nicki Minaj - 21 million
10. Birdman - $18 million
11. Pitbull - $17 million
12. Lil Wayne - $15 million
13. Kendrick Lamar - $12 million
14. J. Cole - $11 million
15. Snoop Dogg - $10 million
16. Rick Ross - $9 million
17. Tech N9ne - $8.5 million
18. Ludacris - $8 million 
19. T.I. - $6 million
20. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - $5.5 million

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Does forbes make a list every month? I feel that every month there is some new Forbes list, dont they do anything else? And birdman should at least have 60 mil added to his total, because niki, wayne, drake/q.miller seeing very little of their totals

This only reported earnings
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol this list is fake
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol this list is fake

Cuz Nas not on it?
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does forbes make a list every month? I feel that every month there is some new Forbes list, dont they do anything else? And birdman should at least have 60 mil added to his total, because niki, wayne, drake/q.miller seeing very little of their totals

Forbes know that hip hop love this ? .
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    We still on top

Take dat take dat

yeh..
    iv been rollin wit Diddy since highschool..
    and everytime he beats out Jay i make it a point to call my homie.. he's a Jigga warrior..

hey.. that reminds me. lol
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Lol this list is fake

Cuz Nas not on it?

Nas been in the game since 1991. He is making big moves. He owns like 3 resturants, he is a music label CEO, he is a investor with Facebook owner etc, He own shops in Las Vegas. He is the founder of Rock The Bells. There is a lot of more

I am pretty sure he is top 5

Stop it son nas been fckd up with the IRS and babymomma issues for awhile that ? hit everything he worked for...or did that slip ya mind
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ Drake making more than both Birdman and Lil Wayne put together.

Ether.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    tech n9ne is the most impressive name on that list

? madethat money on his own (relatively speaking)

Lets look.at how much money the rest of them ? GENERATED vs wat they earned

Tech gone be the only one without some ridiculously unequal balances

Aint knocking nobody, get it how u live

But the street ? need their just props cause ? is commedable and this nation tries their damnest to thrawrt that kinda ?
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Haters gonna be mad at number 6
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Lol this list is fake

Cuz Nas not on it?

Nas been in the game since 1991. He is making big moves. He owns like 3 resturants, he is a music label CEO, he is a investor with Facebook owner etc, He own shops in Las Vegas. He is the founder of Rock The Bells. There is a lot of more

NaS has had documented financial problems (around 2006-2007) which is partly why he signed to Defjam to get out of his Sony deal thanks to Jay-Z. He has money tho and in terms of net worth his catalog is likely worth a lot more than all of those names. I think NaS is realizing now that he missed A LOT of golden opportunities back then, mostly because he wasn't the most business-savvy guy in the world. His new advisors got him looking good af tho.

@ the bolded. Its impossible to have a "financial advisor" and stay in the black. Financial advisors by their very nature get paid by managing your money. If it sits in an account (e.g. a mutual fund) then the financial advisor doesn't get paid. They only get paid when they maneuver your money around, buying and selling all the while charging you a fee.

I'd wager that half rappers on that list ended up with under $1 million after their financial advisors swindled them out of their money.

If you can't manage your own money and your paying somebody else to manage it you're in for a rude awakening.

That's why rappers stay on tour; for the per diem money. And the sad thing is a lot of them (probably almost all of them) don't know how to use Etrade or Scottrade.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dre would be on top if they count his new album and movie
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Forbes List is the REAL BET awards.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Lol at the L 50 took....guess that vitamin water money done all dried up

"Fell from top 10 to not mentioned at all"
    -Jay Z-

Lol. Years later ? still tight 50 bullied they favorite rapper.

Did he not just claim bankruptcy to avoid some lawsuits? How exactly was he gonna make the list?
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    soulfulcat wrote: »
    Forbes just released their annual Hip-Hop Cash Kings list, and there is a bit of a surprise in the top-3, as Drake apparently brought in more money this year than Dr. Dre. The list ranks Drizzy behind Jay Z and Diddy and in front of Dre and Pharrell for the top-5. Thereport mentions Drake's constant tour schedule as the likely cause for his bump in the list, though it doesn't mention his deal with Apple and what that did for his year.

As for Dre, who topped last year's list because of his own Apple deal, Forbes says that his checks from Apple haven't slowed up, they're just much smaller than the one that netted him the top spot last year. The report also mentions that his profits from Straight Outta Compton and his new album won't really reflect on his ranking until next year. 

Eminem, Kanye West, Wiz Khalifa​, Nicki Minaj​, and Birdman round out the top-10, while Kendrick Lamar went from spot 15 last year to 13 this year. 50 Cent is one of the bigger names that dropped off the list completely from last year, and that's not much of a surprise based on his filing for bankruptcy and multiple lawsuits that he's dealing with. 

1. Diddy - $60 million 
    2. Jay Z - $56 million
    3. Drake - $39.5 million
    4. Dr. Dre - $33 million
    6. Eminem - $31 million
    19. T.I. - $6 million

ludacris made $6 mil from what?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    soulfulcat wrote: »

1. Diddy - $60 million 
    2. Jay Z - $56 million
    3. Drake - $39.5 million
    4. Dr. Dre - $33 million
    6. Eminem - $31 million
    19. T.I. - $6 million

ludacris made $6 mil from what?

Fast 7
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Lol at the L 50 took....guess that vitamin water money done all dried up

"Fell from top 10 to not mentioned at all"
    -Jay Z-

Lol. Years later ? still tight 50 bullied they favorite rapper.

Did he not just claim bankruptcy to avoid some lawsuits? How exactly was he gonna make the list?

Yayo is that you???
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Lol this list is fake

Cuz Nas not on it?

NaS has had documented financial problems (around 2006-2007) which is partly why he signed to Defjam to get out of his Sony deal thanks to Jay-Z. He has money tho and in terms of net worth his catalog is likely worth a lot more than all of those names. I think NaS is realizing now that he missed A LOT of golden opportunities back then, mostly because he wasn't the most business-savvy guy in the world. His new advisors got him looking good af tho.

@ the bolded. Its impossible to have a "financial advisor" and stay in the black. Financial advisors by their very nature get paid by managing your money. If it sits in an account (e.g. a mutual fund) then the financial advisor doesn't get paid. They only get paid when they maneuver your money around, buying and selling all the while charging you a fee.

I'd wager that half rappers on that list ended up with under $1 million after their financial advisors swindled them out of their money.

If you can't manage your own money and your paying somebody else to manage it you're in for a rude awakening.

That's why rappers stay on tour; for the per diem money. And the sad thing is a lot of them (probably almost all of them) don't know how to use Etrade or Scottrade.

I'd guess that 97% of the people on that list (except for Tech N9ne cuz him & his business partner is super educated), Dr. Dre and Jay-Z have never read a financial statement or wouldn't know what they were looking at if you presented it to them.
    You reaching with this. ..

Dre been running with iovine for years and I bet he learned all that of how to go over his financials .....and probably go about like how he is about his music .....every track is sonically near perfection ...... every dollar and coin counted down to the last penny

Jay don't trust nobody and is a student of every thing he's involved in. ...so I'm sure he makes it his business to know the where, when, what, why, and how of his financials. I also believe he still has cash stashed in Nike shoe boxes from '88 ....... lolz