Lupe Fiasco & Talib Kweli Go Off On COMPLEX Writer For Putting Their Names In Drake/Future Article

Options

Comments

• _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited September 2015
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    The ? wasn't lying, nobody wanna Talib or Lupe during a BBQ/Social Gathering. Truth hurts and them mfs caught feelings.

What Kind of Ratchet Ass "Ladies Dont Forget Your Purple Weave" BBQ's Do You ? Be Hitting Up? You Think ? Tryna Hear Sludge Mouth Gucci Mane Rap About Some Damn "Bling Blaow" For 8 Hours?? Ghetto Ass ? ... I Feel Sorry For Your Children ....LMAO

Im sure you and your ? be having a great time listening to Lupe talk about traveling the milky way while putting together jigsaw puzzles and tofu burgers on the grill lol
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco is a ? great rapper no doubt. He is a lyrical ? but I think Talib Kweli is better.

With that said both in my top 15.
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    TayGettem wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    The ? wasn't lying, nobody wanna Talib or Lupe during a BBQ/Social Gathering. Truth hurts and them mfs caught feelings.

I would easily play "Get By" at a BBQ tho...

One damn song

giphy.gif

you know nobody wanna hear that ? lol

U missing the point there's music for every time and place
    She directly threw shade at conscious rappers and added there name in it
    She used the BBQ ? as a crutch
    That's like me saying nobody wanna hear Migos or Gucci at a coffee joint, poetry venue or black pride gathering
    She was on the B.S and got servered for it

Funny ? is, youre making the EXACT point she was making. Except it was directed towards these fake elitist type "hiphop heads" who feel listening to "dumbed down" hip hop is beneath them. Which she followed by saying there's a time and place for everything, hence the BBQ comment.

These ? getting in their feelings and telling a hiphop journalist to not say their name is like a director telling a film credit "yo keep my name out ur mouth" , that ? was corny and ? made.

The writer of the article could have simply alluded to the "hip-hop heads", who may look down their nose at the album, without taking potshots at artists. He even made a remark about Talib rapping off beat. That type of ? is unnecessary and uncalled for.

The writer got what he deserved. I really don't understand how you're missing the point. It's as clear as day. Then again, you are the only one that seems to be missing it.

Yea you're right, the point is clear as day, this generation is full of sensitive ? ? . I would understand if the comments weren't hiphop related and were about something personal, but he made an honest musical critique and it hurt lil lupe and his coindexter fan club's feelings :( . Yall mfs need to go back and read those 90s hiphop Source reviews, those mfs were brutally honest, and u mfs are crying cuz he said Talib raps off beat, really? That's what you mfs are crying about? Smh

I see logic eludes you. Perhaps you can tell me what Talib and Lupe have to do with a Drake and Future album? Then, if you'd be so kind as to point out the correlation between writers making honest critiques of albums and whatever the hell this writer caught himself doing.

And be a good lad and refrain from pulling more men made of straw out your ass. Pause. It would make you seem more logical and less emotional. You know, for your sake.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the bigger issue is that the Drake/Future album is pretty meh imo and complex is trying to make everyone like the album because they like it and the consensus from everyone is that it is pretty meh.

I understand it was kind of a rush job, but it sounds like one as well.

Currently bumping Lupe ft. Ty dollar $sign - next to it, as i type this
  • bears2248
    bears2248 Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    What if I told you..... It's possible to like them all. People like to think that you have to pick a side and that's not true.

Only weak, or stupid ? think they're defined by the music they listen to. I listen to Jeezy and Lupe about the same amount depending on my mood. I listen to Scarface, and UGK as well as Kendrick. It's not a zero sum game. You can love as much music as you want.

I agree. I been listening to Rap since the mid 80's and you can like rappers from Doug E, Spice 1, LL Cool J and MC Ren and not many people made a big deal about it back then.
  • _Goldie_
    Options

One damn song

giphy.gif

That's like me saying nobody wanna hear Migos or Gucci at a coffee joint, poetry venue or black pride gathering

Funny ? is, youre making the EXACT point she was making. Except it was directed towards these fake elitist type "hiphop heads" who feel listening to "dumbed down" hip hop is beneath them. Which she followed by saying there's a time and place for everything, hence the BBQ comment.

These ? getting in their feelings and telling a hiphop journalist to not say their name is like a director telling a film credit "yo keep my name out ur mouth" , that ? was corny and ? made.

The writer of the article could have simply alluded to the "hip-hop heads", who may look down their nose at the album, without taking potshots at artists. He even made a remark about Talib rapping off beat. That type of ? is unnecessary and uncalled for.

The writer got what he deserved. I really don't understand how you're missing the point. It's as clear as day. Then again, you are the only one that seems to be missing it.

Yea you're right, the point is clear as day, this generation is full of sensitive ? ? . I would understand if the comments weren't hiphop related and were about something personal, but he made an honest musical critique and it hurt lil lupe and his coindexter fan club's feelings :( . Yall mfs need to go back and read those 90s hiphop Source reviews, those mfs were brutally honest, and u mfs are crying cuz he said Talib raps off beat, really? That's what you mfs are crying about? Smh

I see logic eludes you. Perhaps you can tell me what Talib and Lupe have to do with a Drake and Future album? Then, if you'd be so kind as to point out the correlation between writers making honest critiques of albums and whatever the hell this writer caught himself doing.

And be a good lad and refrain from pulling more men made of straw out your ass. Pause. It would make you seem more logical and less emotional. You know, for your sake.

The correlation is the point that multiple people in this thread have made which is there's a time and place for different types of hiphop. Maybe he could've said it without hurting Lupe and his nerd fanclub's feelings , but the initial point the writer was making is correct.
  • AP21
    Options

One damn song

giphy.gif

The correlation is the point that multiple people in this thread have made which is there's a time and place for different types of hiphop. Maybe he could've said it without hurting Lupe and his nerd fanclub's feelings , but the initial point the writer was making is correct.

what did one have to do with the other tho?

the "cant play this at BBQ" comment came out of left field

not to add that Complex and Lupe have had SEVERAL issues in the past. Why even bring them up? Did Lupe or Talib go on social media slamming the Drake/Future record?
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

One damn song

giphy.gif

not to add that Complex and Lupe have had SEVERAL issues in the past. Why even bring them up? Did Lupe or Talib go on social media slamming the Drake/Future record?

How was it left field? The mf was making a point and used an example. Budden is in my top 5 doa , but I don't wanna hear ? mood muzik in the club. What's so hard to understand about the point the writer was making?
  • AP21
    Options

One damn song

giphy.gif

How was it left field? The mf was making a point and used an example. Budden is in my top 5 doa , but I don't wanna hear ? mood muzik in the club. What's so hard to understand about the point the writer was making?

What exactly is that “real” ? then? Turn up music isn’t “real” hip-hop? How so? Was the genre not invented at a ? party? Isn’t music about having a good time? I’m dead tired of you cats, man. You make my head hurt. Can’t be listening to Talib Kweli rap off beat and Lupe Fiasco deep cuts at BBQs. I, too, was once like you, but come on, don’t nobody wanna hear that ? all the ? time.

the article should've stopped at the bolded

he then put a face to his point which was unnecessary imo. Why is she even entertaining thoughts of peons anyway? All she had to say was, "we at complex ? with the album" and keep it moving
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    nah they wasnt salty. it was wack to use their names like that. and not to say this is what the article was posting at but people act like "party rap" is the only rap. i see ? on here saying "i cant be listening to a joe budden or a emibem in front of people." theyre lame and immature. too busy worrying about looking good infront of other men.

rap doesnt get the respect as a music genre by its own fans. a bunch of fad following kids that build artist up and tear them down when they feel its not cool to like them anymore. no matter how good the music is. IE Wayne, 50, nas, eminem... jay gets the respect because he rides the coat tails of hot young artist and beyonce

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tend to see folks doing more to discredit artists like Kweli, and Lupe. It reeks of insecurity, guilt and validation.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I have BBQ's I have a smorsgasborg of music
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Two washed up has beens.

Drake n future>>>>>>>>lupe n talib

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We dont even play rap at our bbq
  • AP21
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

damn..not even Summertime by Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff?
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Although I don't blame Lupe for calling that blogger out of her name, I really like how Talib approached the situation. He came back at her on a more mature level, while educating her ignorant ass on his body of work. I can respect that!
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Isnt fhe blogger a guy?
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Isnt fhe blogger a guy?

Now that you've mentioned it, I guess it is. His avatar picture looked a little feminine, so I assumed it was a female. Oopps!
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    murdap wrote: »
    Two washed up has beens.

Drake n future>>>>>>>>lupe n talib

Kweli and Lupe on their worst day are better rappers than Drake and Future on their best...since you felt the need to take it there.

But I think the point of this thread now is that you can like all 4 of these different types of artists.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

damn..not even Summertime by Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff?

My parents generation dont really like rap. Mostly reggae and r&b at our bbq
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Second time a ? has used lupe and playing his music at a bbq example lately.. . The first was someone on the ic and now this.
    Personally, I think Lupe has no bbq music, but the ojays and naughty by nature do.
  • bears2248
    bears2248 Members Posts: 282 ✭✭
    Options
    Who cares what rappers is better just listen to a rapper you like.