Cover Charge Racism: 3 Lawyers Charged to Enter Club While Whites Enter for Free

Options

Comments

• Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Reminds me of that bar in Austin that tried to tell me my slim fit Levi's were too "baggy"

Kicking out skinny jeans wearing ? is progressive in my book.

Slim fit does not equate to skinny
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    MzKB wrote: »
    stop frequenting spots that don't want us there.

You can change your style of dress, the way you talk, but all whites will ever see is your skin color

No this same ? again. That kind of stuff does work with some whites some of the time to some extent. And you can say that while being completely against changing your speech, etc.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    There's mad clubs like that out here in Cali.

Hwood be on that ? .

I don't go there unless i have the plug.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go to a black club, always trying to mingle with people that dont' like you

Those are RARE in los angeles. Lapd had shut down sooo many black owned clubs.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those lawyers took the L for paying a dub when they knew what was up. I don't even hitup club spots that aren't Black. ? em, I'll stunt where I'm appreciated.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Those lawyers took the L for paying a dub when they knew what was up. I don't even hitup club spots that aren't Black. ? em, I'll stunt where I'm appreciated.

That's the thing though they didn't pay they went across the street and watch white folks get in and black people have to pay. Also in your sig why is it Japanese warrior picture with a Chinese philosophers words?
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can call me cheap or too poor, but i dont believe in payin a cover, unless theres a real good reason for it. Like a performance or something.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a place in Dallas called Kung Fu that they proved was racist. I knew that and never went spent any $ there. One of the employees snitched and showed an internal email where they pushed racist policy.
    What happened, slap on the wrist
    the bar, rather than dispute the accusations, copped to violating city code and agreed to pay a $400 fine, serve a 90-day probation and send Upshaw a written apology.

If I see any black ppl there when I pass by i smh
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lurker6 wrote: »
    Can call me cheap or too poor, but i dont believe in payin a cover, unless theres a real good reason for it. Like a performance or something.

Foh u penny pinching ass ?
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago clubs been like this for the last decade maybe a little more. Minorities get refused at the door, white boys can come in with the same attire and get in. And they the ones fighting the most
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Racist white Texans what else is new

Bruh, I hate Texas white ppl with the exception of Kat, MsSouthern and Joker. They are racist and dumb as ? out here.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

You can change your style of dress, the way you talk, but all whites will ever see is your skin color

No this same ? again. That kind of stuff does work with some whites some of the time to some extent. And you can say that while being completely against changing your speech, etc.

Trust me, if blacks in Texas stopped frequenting white racist clubs in midtown and started supporting black owned businesses like Mexicans do, white people will be infuriated.
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You disagreed and then agreed
    EXPLAIN what you mean by not this ? again?

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't waste your time @MzKB dudes a clown when it comes to these topics. He's pretty much the Stephen A Smith of the IC.
  • MzKB
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

Don't waste your time @MzKB dudes a clown when it comes to these topics. He's pretty much the Stephen A Smith of the IC.

Appreciate the advance notice because I was thoroughly confused by his response!
  • A Talented One
    Options

OK, let me explain.

There is this view on the IC that changing the way you dress, talk, etc. to mollify white people doesn't help you with white people at all. (Something which is odd for these dudes to say given some of the other things they say, but I digress.) I think it does help with some whites, at least some of the time, at least to some extent.

My point was that a person might think it does help, but still be opposed to changing those things.

Which is to say that a person might be opposed to changing the way you talk, dress, etc. not only because such changes are likely to be ineffective, but for other reasons as well. For example, you might think that changing the way you dress to avoid bad treatment by white people (though it might be effective to some extent) is not compatible with a proper sense of self-respect.

Hope that helps.

PS. Don't listen to what these dudes say about me. Most of the time they don't even understand what I am trying to say.

• A Talented One
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

I am willing to bet you don't even understand what the ? I was trying to say.
  • MzKB
    edited September 2015
    Options

OK, let me explain.

There is this view on the IC that changing the way you dress, talk, etc. to mollify white people doesn't help you with white people at all. (Something which is odd for these dudes to say given some of the other things they say, but I digress.) I think it does help with some whites, at least some of the time, at least to some extent.

My point was that a person might think it does help, but still be opposed to changing those things.

Which is to say that a person might be opposed to changing the way you talk, dress, etc. not only because such changes are likely to be ineffective, but for other reasons as well. For example, you might think that changing the way you dress to avoid bad treatment by white people (though it might be effective to some extent) is not compatible with a proper sense of self-respect.

Hope that helps.

PS. Don't listen to what these dudes say about me. Most of the time they don't even understand what I am trying to say.

My thing is I will not and should not have to do any of those things to "fit in" with white folks.
    Especially if I am abiding by the dress code that establishment put in place and I still can't get in ? em.
    I'll go where my presence and money is warranted.
  • A Talented One
    Options

OK, let me explain.

Hope that helps.

My thing is I will not and should not have to do any of those things to "fit in" with white folks.
    Especially if I am abiding by the dress code that white put in place and I still can't get in ? em.

Ok, but do you understand what I am saying?
  • A Talented One
    Options

OK, let me explain.

Hope that helps.

Especially if I am abiding by the dress code that establishment put in place and I still can't get in ? em.

Actually, the bolded is not what you first said. I have no problem with the bolded. What you first said is that changing the way you dress, etc. doesn't help you at all; they (all whites) are still gonna just see skin color. These are two different things.
  • MzKB
    Options
    it doesn't help at all because white people will find a way to discredit and discriminate against you if they so choose to due to your skin color.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    it doesn't help at all because white people will find a way to discredit and discriminate against you if they so choose to due to your skin color.

You realize what you are saying, right? You are saying that it doesn't help you at all with any white people any of the time. I think that is false. You don't think that some white, at least some of the time, react better to blacks who dress, speak and act in a way that is more common to the way whites dress, speak and act?

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @A Talented One is a ? , but in this instance is right to a certain extent. We cant allow ? like this to thrive, cause with crackas it only gets worse .
    We gotta set precedents that, we r not gonna allow Jim Crow like behavior, to exist.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look up Mothers that's the name of the dump its a bar in Chicago they got sued. Didn't let in a half white half black basketball team, told the brothers their clothes were to baggy. They switched close with their white teammates and the white teammates got in
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why Black people wanna give they money do bad to people who ain't ? with us.

You ain't gotta tell me but one time my money ain't good enough to spend with you.