Drake Speaks On Alleged Use Of A Ghostwriter & Beef with Meek Mill

Options
MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in The Reason
Screen%20Shot%202015-09-24%20at%206.52.15%20PM.png?itok=Kbc2M_RH

Drake has FINALLY come out to speak about recent revelations that he used a ghost writer in his music.

He has just covered The Fader's latest cover story for a very interesting perspective about his career, his latest beef with Meek Mill, and of course Quentin Miller who has allegedly been used to write music for Drizzy.

On rumored of his alleged ghost writer:

“I need, sometimes, individuals to spark an idea so that I can take off running. I don’t mind that. And those recordings—they are what they are. And you can use your own judgment on what they mean to you.”

"When pressed about the context of the reference tracks, Drake added: “There’s not necessarily a context to them. And I don’t know if I’m really here to even clarify it for you.” He also later alluded to the larger conversation the controversy stirred up. “If I have to be the vessel for this conversation to be brought up—you know, ? forbid we start talking about writing and references and who takes what from where—I’m OK with it being me.”

As for his beef with Meek Mill:

As the days ticked by and a rebuttal from Meek Mill continued to not materialize, Drake became almost offended at the lack of hustle the other team was putting in. “It was weighing heavy on me,” he says. “I didn’t get it. I didn’t get how there was no strategy on the opposite end. I just didn’t understand. I didn’t understand it because that’s just not how we operate.”

It was then that he decided to just go ahead and do another song. “I was like, ‘I’m gonna probably just finish this.’ And I know how I have to finish it. This has to literally become the song that people want to hear every single night, and it’s gonna be tough to exist during this summer when everybody wants to hear [this] song that isn’t necessarily in your favor.”

Interesting.

Look out for his actual album Views From the 6 to be on the way. But for now, enjoy his latest mixtape with Future.

http://www.hot97.com/news/nessa/drake-finally-speaks-out-about-alleged-use-ghost-writer-photo

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    So pretty much he really didn't say ? ??? Got it...

He did at italicised
    Screen%20Shot%202015-09-24%20at%206.52.15%20PM.png?itok=Kbc2M_RH

Drake has FINALLY come out to speak about recent revelations that he used a ghost writer in his music.

He has just covered The Fader's latest cover story for a very interesting perspective about his career, his latest beef with Meek Mill, and of course Quentin Miller who has allegedly been used to write music for Drizzy.

On rumored of his alleged ghost writer:

“I need, sometimes, individuals to spark an idea so that I can take off running. I don’t mind that. And those recordings—they are what they are. And you can use your own judgment on what they mean to you.”

"When pressed about the context of the reference tracks, Drake added: “There’s not necessarily a context to them. And I don’t know if I’m really here to even clarify it for you.” He also later alluded to the larger conversation the controversy stirred up. “If I have to be the vessel for this conversation to be brought up—you know, ? forbid we start talking about writing and references and who takes what from where—I’m OK with it being me.”

As for his beef with Meek Mill:

As the days ticked by and a rebuttal from Meek Mill continued to not materialize, Drake became almost offended at the lack of hustle the other team was putting in. “It was weighing heavy on me,” he says. “I didn’t get it. I didn’t get how there was no strategy on the opposite end. I just didn’t understand. I didn’t understand it because that’s just not how we operate.”

It was then that he decided to just go ahead and do another song. “I was like, ‘I’m gonna probably just finish this.’ And I know how I have to finish it. This has to literally become the song that people want to hear every single night, and it’s gonna be tough to exist during this summer when everybody wants to hear [this] song that isn’t necessarily in your favor.”

Interesting.

Look out for his actual album Views From the 6 to be on the way. But for now, enjoy his latest mixtape with Future.

http://www.hot97.com/news/nessa/drake-finally-speaks-out-about-alleged-use-ghost-writer-photo

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Views From The 6 coming

5 Letters OvOYM drake the best rapper alive right now
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So basically he needs his hand held.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    havent listened to a Meek Mill song since the immense fuckery he displayed in this beef
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That half jew is rich...and that's all that matters today.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    views from the six coming soon
    P Reign - On a Wave
    Party Next Door - Im Good
    Ovo Sound Radio
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? forbid we start talking about writing and references and who takes what from where—I’m OK with it being me.”

Sounds like he can expose a lot of heavy hitters in the game.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    three letters

o v o
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Need to cop a drift trike while my knees still good tho... them ? look fun...