https://youtu.be/jRdHSbYducA
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Royce is ill, I like his bar exam mixtapes the best, other than his mixtapes my favorite albums death is certain and PRhyme, downloaded that album but it was so Dope I ended up going to the store and buying it official. ? is still in my car

This my my ? right here, where he spits over the nas, jayz and the group home beats in one track

Royce is like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciBHxyATJDE

oh and if you think joell is better than royce, KYS
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Royce has everything you want from a rapper...b ut no classics under his belt

I feel like when he goes off on a song he's right up there with just about anyone he just doesn't do it consistently enough

Some his verses on slaughterhouse seems like he ? around during parts of his verses which kind of ruins it...but death is certain and phryme are Damn good...bar exams are also solid
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was always a casual fan but I ? with Phryme heavily
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Royce crept in my top 10 around bar exam 3 and street hop. Phenomenal royce bar game is crazy. I don't see how people say em is better.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love Royce's music. Well not all of it, some of it is pretty hit or miss for me but the dude is dope as ? .

Favorite Album is Death Is Certain

Heres some of my favorite songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLVlmm4HqfM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLGwyJamWEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP23MteIbC4
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My favorite Album from him personally is the Street Hop album but Pryme was pretty good too as well as Death is Certain and Bar Exam

My favorite joints from him are

Boom
    Rock City
    Count for nothing
    Murder
    Regardless(THIS SONG IS ? NUTS, HOW CAN YOU FRONT ON HIM AFTER THAT?)
    hIP hoP
    Scary Movie ft Eminem
    Malcome X (where he ripped D-12 a new one Tupac hit em up style)

And if you wanna hear him black the ? out please give this a listen, this ? is cold blooded on the Mic

https://youtu.be/5Vnfg8BZe5Y
  • gifted
    gifted Members Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Royce is easily top 10 lyricists now. Too many verses to name. But crooked I is top lyricist on slaughter and even Royce know that. The Bar exams, death is certain. He almost suffered from what happened to Canibus. His first album was weak cuz he tried to go commercial, went against the hand that fed him and it almost derailed him. But he revived himself.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Random: Royce's verse on Take From Me was easily verse of the year that year.

Also, y'all bugging. It's pretty clear that Joell is the best lyricist in SH.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slaughterhouse are trash as a group
    Stew wrote: »
    He's made his way to top 20 GOAT

He is nice but he aint better than Joell Ortiz or Crooked I

Lmao at Joell being better then Royce
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prhyme was the best album of last year.
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »

Well Royce don't got any track that goes harder than Hip hop or battle cry
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

Lmao.
    "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, i hungry like i never 8" first Joell line from the SH album, thats something that ? lil wayne would say tho.
  • just.might.b.ok
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »

Well Royce don't got any track that goes harder than Hip hop or battle cry

40/40, Malcom X, Who Got Bodied, Something's Wrong With Him, etc.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mryounggun
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

Lmao.
    "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, i hungry like i never 8" first Joell line from the SH album, thats something that ? lil wayne would say tho.

1. At least quote the bar right, my ? . Close. No cigar.

2. I could find you mediocre bars from EVERY rapper. This is a fact.

Try harder.
  • mryounggun
    Options

Neither one of them have anything close to Death Is Certain or PRhyme.

Brick: The Bodega Chronicles - Joell's debut - is ? on Death is Certain. And as much as I like Royce and PRhyme...what mad it so ill was that Royce finally linked did an entire album with production that matched his style. I personally think that a Joell x Alchemist or a Joell x Justice L.E.A.G.U.E album would be better than PRhyme.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Always found his music boring but this is based on the type of rapper he is i just find rappers like him, Jay Z, Nas, Talib Kweli, Lupe, Andre 3000, Canibus, Jay Electronica, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, Crooked I, AZ boring

I'm into melodic hip hop and song writing type of rappers, Artistc rappers catchy hip-hip with substance is what i like so these type rappers do not appeal to me at all

But i'm no hater like i said with Jay Z he is the best technical MC/Lyricist ever even though i'm not a fan and can't stand his music and the same applies to Royce he is one of the best ever technical MC's/Lyricists even though i can't stand his music either

• just.might.b.ok
    Options
    PRhyme 2!?

Royce da 5' 9 took to Twitter yesterday (September 26) to announce a possible PRhyme 2. He and DJ Premier released the first PRhyme album in December.

"I need to let these ideas out my brain bruh @REALDJPREMIER," Royce da 5'9 says of the follow-up project.

He tags Eminem, Kendrick Lamar and The Game asking if they would like to be a part of PRhyme 2.

"You wanna hop on this #PRhymeTWO @Eminem ? I miss rapping with my right hand," he says to the Detroit rapper.

The two make up the duo Bad Meets Evil whose last project was 2011's Hell: The Sequel.

"#PRhymeTWO @kendricklamar ?" he asks the "Alright" rapper with looking eye emojis in his post.

He writes the same message to The Game.

"#PRhymeTWO @thegame ?" he says.

Royce Da 5'9 says that he wants more emcees on the project, too, but only wanted to name those three. He details the requirements for a feature on PRhyme 2.

"You gotta be able to spar," he writes. "We're promising blood. Real lyricists. I'm not Boutta go @'ng everybody, but I think ya'll see where I'm going."

Common, Jay Electronica, Killer Mike, and Ab-Soul were some of the artists featured on PRhyme.

Shieeeet, they Preemo should work with Apollo Brown this time, it would be so ? dope.
    Also, looking forward to a Game/Royce track, after that track on Compton im convinced Game still got it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0czoZ7VM9Q
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Pryhme album was so boring

1 dimensional lyrical miricle rappity rap over bland and dull production

Can't write and perform hooks

Can't choose good beats that bang

Can't making engaging/entertaining songs

Can't make club bangers

Can't make any songs females will bump and like

All he does is rap bars. He's an MC not an Artist

He can't sing, can't produce, can't play an instrument, can't harmonize

If u heard one Royce song u heard them all
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    out of all the slaughterhouse members, joe budden and royce are the only members I would check for if a solo album drops from them. While I do think joell ortiz and crooked I are better rappers than both, they can't seem to get it right with solo projects imo. especially Crooked I, which is weird because he is one of the greatest lyricist I've ever heard behind a mic.

Royce is an all around beast and he's probably the most versatile in the crew. He can write songs , black out on tracks, and put emotional verses together. He can also hold his own with anyone in the game. The only person outside slaughterhouse who i've seen bested him in a collab was black thought and jay electronica(arguably).

he's all around ill and I can't wait for him to drop that classic album which I know he can do
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    Pryhme album was so boring

Rap is not your thing sweetheart
  • 216atlran
    216atlran Members Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Royce will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER get the props he deserves