dope ass sample too
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    Mama, I'm still thugging, the world is a war zone
    My homies is inmates, and most of them dead wrong

syke didn't mess anything up either

best lines from a classic song n no syke aint ruin this song playa. Like someone said everyone for the most part sing that ? verse when it comes on at least the beginning

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was just driving around to this recently. Amazing how its still some A1 riding music

And t/s is a ? its amazing looking back how mamy Pac songs had random ? all on em. This verse by Syke was no worse than any

And smh @ the revisionist history about his features . For some
    reason Pac's songs w/ featured artists were seemless, proably bc we so used to it. Never
    Never stood out in a bad way
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Was just driving around to this recently. Amazing how its still some A1 riding music

And t/s is a ? its amazing looking back how mamy Pac songs had random ? all on em. This verse by Syke was no worse than any

And smh @ the revisionist history about his features . For some
    reason Pac's songs w/ featured artists were seemless, proably bc we so used to it. Never
    Never stood out in a bad way

? ? u
  • east1999
    east1999 Members Posts: 204 ✭✭
    Options
    1 of my favorite songs of all time but iv always thought syke ? it up. woulda loved to have heard kadafi on that last verse after kurupt and pac . thats also 1 of my favorite verses by kurupt
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Syke is underrated, dude killed this and 'How Long will they mourn me'
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    The federales wanna see me dead
    ? put prices on my head
    Now I got two Rottwillers by my bed

And he feeds them lead... Im surprised PETA wernt after him as well as the East Coast...
  • Tupacthadon1971
    Tupacthadon1971 Members Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? put prices on my head

And he feeds them lead... Im surprised PETA wernt after him as well as the East Coast...

i was gonna say how he leave out the next line on that....great song....i just love how Pac had people on his ? ...he didn't need to have the top 5 artist at the time on his ? ...he could have Syke, Richie Rich, 4-tay, Click..basically just kept it real
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    ? put prices on my head

i was gonna say how he leave out the next line on that....great song....i just love how Pac had people on his ? ...he didn't need to have the top 5 artist at the time on his ? ...he could have Syke, Richie Rich, 4-tay, Click..basically just kept it real

Yeah Pac always had his boys on his tracks, but they helped put him on so he was 'keepin it real', which is dope... Saying that though, Richie Rich, 4-Tay, Mac Mall, E40 etc were all top rappers from the Pac, just NY heads wernt really up on them due to lack of internet etc
  • SlimRemy
    SlimRemy Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    "I'm like a fiend that finally sees when all the dope is gone
    My nerves is wrecked, heart beating and my hands are swollen
    Thinking of the G's I'll be holdin', picture me rollin'"

that's pure poetry. there's a lot of people that can rap, and lyricism is often the standard for what makes a rapper good. focusing on multis, rhyme patterns, vocabulary, flow and of course everyone loves punchlines, is fine and all. but that goes past rhyming and putting words together.

it sounds like we got to hear a literal page from his poetry book. if they tore out a page of his poetry book and ran it through a machine that put out a beat that would perfectly match the feeling he felt when he wrote it, then that's what it sounds like.

if you dropped the actual drums of the whole song and listened to that crazy ass riff, and heard him just speak that without use of rhythm, from a spoken word perspective, you'd get chills.

it's like hearing through his eyes. I hear a lot of rappers, but his catalog is probably the best or top five for consistent "feel."

Pac's music is filled with gems. But if you think of other rappers who are considered "greats" they have songs that you can "feel."

Biggie "Juicy" "Sky's the Limit." "Things Done Changed"
    Andre 3000 "Atliens" "Wailin" "Rosa Parks" or "Da Art of Storytellin"
    Eminem "If I Had," "Rock Bottom" "Who Knew"
    Nas "NY State of Mind" "Nas is Like" "If I Ruled the World,"
    Jay-Z "D'Evils," "Get My ? it Off," "Song Cry,"
    Kanye "We Don't Care, "All Falls Down" "Spaceships"

there's many others. but Pac's catalog has the most songs that fit that "essence" criteria. where it connects past surface and gives you substance or depth. like constantly tearing pages out of his notebooks that produced songs. "Keep Ya Head Up" "So Many Tears," "Me Against the World."

those closing bars on that first verse from "Picture Me Rollin." intangible essence bars.
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    SlimRemy wrote: »
    "I'm like a fiend that finally sees when all the dope is gone
    My nerves is wrecked, heart beating and my hands are swollen
    Thinking of the G's I'll be holdin', picture me rollin'"

that's pure poetry. there's a lot of people that can rap, and lyricism is often the standard for what makes a rapper good. focusing on multis, rhyme patterns, vocabulary, flow and of course everyone loves punchlines, is fine and all. but that goes past rhyming and putting words together.

it sounds like we got to hear a literal page from his poetry book. if they tore out a page of his poetry book and ran it through a machine that put out a beat that would perfectly match the feeling he felt when he wrote it, then that's what it sounds like.

if you dropped the actual drums of the whole song and listened to that crazy ass riff, and heard him just speak that without use of rhythm, from a spoken word perspective, you'd get chills.

it's like hearing through his eyes. I hear a lot of rappers, but his catalog is probably the best or top five for consistent "feel."

Pac's music is filled with gems. But if you think of other rappers who are considered "greats" they have songs that you can "feel."

Biggie "Juicy" "Sky's the Limit." One More Chance"
    Andre 3000 "Atliens" "Wailin" "Rosa Parks" or "Da Art of Storytellin"
    Eminem "If I Had," "Rock Bottom" "Who Knew"
    Nas "NY State of Mind" "Nas is Like" "If I Ruled the World,"
    Jay-Z "D'Evils," "Get My ? it Off," "Song Cry,"
    Kanye "We Don't Care, "All Falls Down" "Spaceships"

there's many others. but Pac's catalog has the most songs that fit that "essence" criteria. where it connects past surface and gives you substance or depth. like constantly tearing pages out of his notebooks that produced songs. "Keep Ya Head Up" "So Many Tears," "Me Against the World."

those closing bars on that first verse from "Picture Me Rollin." intangible essence bars.

Co muthafckn sign...
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Syke got the most memorable 2 bars on that whole song. ? tripping.
  • emaculate
    emaculate Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of my fav joints off one of my fav albums
    I got keys comin from overseas - one of my fav lines
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "So many player haters, imitators steady swangin
    Make me wanna start back banging"
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember the very 1st time I heard this song I thought that was Snoop on the 3rd verse, but it was actually CPO.