What's the Point of being Hood Rich

Options

Comments

• Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Ahh nevermind..

Used to have that mindset but after passing a certain level, it's hard to come down....

Also i agree with that mindset (especially our kinfolk) about slaving to pay mortgages on those huge houses they barely stay in.
  • pennyda1
    pennyda1 Members Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    Basically, to stunt. Its crazy, because the ones that are really rich ain't even on all that!

FACTS!!!!!!!!!! Drops mic and walks off stage... The crazy thing is people who spend alotta money on dumb shot usually don't have alotta money and the ppl that society consider not fly or clean can just whatever they want!!!
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited September 2015
    Options
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    pennyda1 wrote: »
    I'm not saying what your friend is doing is right but! Whats the point of saving all your money to spend later on in life when you could die at any moment and not had much fun or lived life cause you PLANNED on living it up later?

Me personally I'd rather spend that money on that BMW than I would a ? KIA. $450=$450 no matter how you slice it. If I'm still broke paying $450 for KIA might as well be broke paying $450 for a BMW.

I'm really not getting your logic here as far as the car payment ? goes

The Kia thing was an example.. Meaning I rather pay for something brand new than 7yrs used!!! And all the problems that may occur wig an older luxury car can be expensive!!! The point of the thread is why have champagne taste when you have beer money

Nothing wrong with having expensive taste and with little money. The problem comes when the little money the person has is spent in ways that doesn't really help them.

Exactly what's the point of looking like you got millions and you make 50K and putting ur self in debt!!
    What's the logic? So far on the IC ppl feel like YOLO so buy what u want

We all have some form of debt. The thing is is your debt worth it though? I'm in debt right now but its because I'm a homeowner.Thing is you have to have a balance. I'm not a person who agrees with that save damn near everything until you retire ? . You can die and never spent ? on anything you really wanted. ? kind of life is that just to avoid debt.

I can't knock a person who bought an expensive car but lives in a ? neighborhood. If that is where they are comfortable who am I to say they should've spent that money on finding a better place to live. Everyone doesn't want a house or place in a certain kind of neighborhood.

If a persons bills are paid and they want to buy expensive ? with the rest of their money and scrape by until their next paycheck. I say ? it do that ? cause its true you do only live once make that ? count.
    This mentality is why black people stay struggling.Save nothing for your kids to do better than like others do which is why they own everything and we don't,but I will leave it at that.Slaves should have just been good slaves in order to not get whooped or killed because they would have got treated better by master.Thinking beyond right now is always a benefit not just for you but your family.Why not just take all your money and blow it at Vegas because you might die any day? Brilliant!
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol.. My brother homeboy lil bro paying 469 for a 07 Monte Carlo thats ducked off in the garage Now becuz he can't pay the note.. ? sad
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Basically, to stunt. Its crazy, because the ones that are really rich ain't even on all that!

Lol wrong, they don't show it to people that don't have. I grew up around this ? my whole life and you get rich people around each other and watch me stunt about who just bought what plane or what yacht and the oh I'm building a house on some island
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? hating on Kia drivers hard as ? in here haha

Kia driver ass ?
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »

Damn sho is. lol

I could never see myself owning one BUT that K900 is spiffy IMO. If someone we're to debadge it and put some nice full faced Forgi's or Shants on it, nikkas would be like "I dunno what that is, but dat bish hard!!" I've actaully seen it happen.

My homie got one of them joints, and this ? be making long bread, I think he got it to slide around in tho lol

So it's basically his "lowkey"/secondary whip. Don't get it misconstrued, I'd bend the hell out some corners if someone tossed me the keys, I just don't think I'd buy it. lol
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn sho is. lol

I could never see myself owning one BUT that K900 is spiffy IMO. If someone we're to debadge it and put some nice full faced Forgi's or Shants on it, nikkas would be like "I dunno what that is, but dat bish hard!!" I've actaully seen it happen.

My homie got one of them joints, and this ? be making long bread, I think he got it to slide around in tho lol

So it's basically his "lowkey"/secondary whip. Don't get it misconstrued, I'd bend the hell out some corners if someone tossed me the keys, I just don't think I'd buy it. lol

Don't that k900 cost like 60k? I ain't paying 60k for a kia fam. ? all that
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im young so i ? up my money plenty of times espcially when i landed my first IT job,

but i i cant replace what ever i brought the next hour if i lost ot and still not be broke i cant afford it i try to go by that.........most of the time
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grid-cell-27880-1416351616-18.jpg

"my grandmama got me that kia!"

Yall got ts n kia fans feelin sick n here jesus

Glad he aint mention a honda, ? cause thats wat im rollim
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grid-cell-27880-1416351616-18.jpg

"my grandmama got me that kia!"

Yall got ts n kia fans feelin sick n here jesus

Glad he aint mention a honda, ? cause thats wat im rollim

not even tryin to be funny..
    but a kia seems like somethin a parent would buy for their daughter for her sweet 16. hahahaha
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man i'll say it if y'all ? won't. No grown man should go and voluntarily purchase a Kia for himself especially not a brand new one. I mean, to each is own but u probably walk around with a limp wrist while switching hard like Peggy Bundy.
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CP203 wrote: »

Lol wrong, they don't show it to people that don't have. I grew up around this ? my whole life and you get rich people around each other and watch me stunt about who just bought what plane or what yacht and the oh I'm building a house on some island

mannnnn i be tryin to tell people..
    they think cause a muthafucka wit money aint wearing ? thats recognizable to them they aint flossin... ? ..

money recognized money..
    muthafuckas be having on thousand dollar belts and 3k loafers.. but because it aint got the bells and whistle a basic muthafucka won't recognize it and think it aint worth ? ..

like Jay said i don't have the bright watch i got the right watch..

iv been around the ? for over half a decade now..
    muthafuckas be subliminal flossing.. u won't see it wit a naked eye.. or this case a broke one. lol

You ain't lying.

For example, white folks were rockin Columbia and North Face for years before the hood even became aware of that ? .
  • CapitalB
    edited September 2015
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    CP203 wrote: »

mannnnn i be tryin to tell people..
    they think cause a muthafucka wit money aint wearing ? thats recognizable to them they aint flossin... ? ..

money recognized money..
    muthafuckas be having on thousand dollar belts and 3k loafers.. but because it aint got the bells and whistle a basic muthafucka won't recognize it and think it aint worth ? ..

like Jay said i don't have the bright watch i got the right watch..

iv been around the ? for over half a decade now..
    muthafuckas be subliminal flossing.. u won't see it wit a naked eye.. or this case a broke one. lol

You ain't lying.

For example, white folks were rockin Columbia and North Face for years before the hood even became aware of that ? .

or true religions..
    them ? so old but ? jus got on them this decade..

back then ud see a white kid wearin some raggedy ass jeans wit some flip flops thinkin he was a ? not knowin them jeans damn near 500$..
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm thinking T/S is saying that this is why our community is in the situation it's in compared to say Asians and whites... because of the life is short mentality and desire for brand name items in order to stunt instead of prepping for yours and your children's future. I could be wrong though.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    I'm thinking T/S is saying that this is why our community is in the situation it's in compared to say Asians and whites... because of the life is short mentality and desire for brand name items in order to stunt instead of prepping for yours and your children's future. I could be wrong though.

Asians are the ultimate fashion and brand ? homie..
    try again..

Asians are at where they're at because they're given the opportunity to do so..
    there was a thread on it not too long ago..

ur an immigrant.. come to America and they open up all their resources to u..
    u a homegrown ? .. they make it a point to make sure u don't benefit..
    i see old asian ladies riding big benzes all ? day. lol
  • CapitalB
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    We gotta stop with this ? ass 'This is why our community is such and such!'. Shut the ? up already. There's varying degrees of ? . Not everyone who spends their money in a way that is different than how you would spend it is an idiot, setting his family up far failure or a disappointment to race or no ? like that.

Some of y'all ? need some perspective.

real ? ..
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    We gotta stop with this ? ass 'This is why our community is such and such!'. Shut the ? up already. There's varying degrees of ? . Not everyone who spends their money in a way that is different than how you would spend it is an idiot, setting his family up far failure or a disappointment to race or no ? like that.

Some of y'all ? need some perspective.

Quoted and bolded for emphasis...
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ ur Kia.

I agree w/ your post my ? but $450 ain't really that high of a car note. And if you paying THE SAME AMOUNT for a Kia you just contradicted yourself.

450 for a 2016 brand new Kia than a 2008 Beamer

You're still paying $450...How's one person 'spending all their money to look good' when both people are PAYING THE SAME ? AMOUNT???

One is more like to be the better bang for the buck. Warranty, brand new, less gas, less expensive upkeep, etc..

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

Kia driver ass ?

uh no sir, not over here

xpvSl.gif

bruh u betta check the avi haha