• water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Gooner wrote: »
    epl = overrated

Entertaining league but la liga is miles ahead in terms of quality

The main thing the English game is lacking is tactics. It's been stated on here, TV, and you see it when the games are played. It's getting there but it should really already be there with the London and Manchester clubs that are currently in the tournament. All four of these managers and squads got enough experience in the CL.

I wouldn't say the quality overall is better. The quality of the their top teams right now is better tho. I'll agree with that.

EPL/BPL>>>>>>

The EPL managers like Jose and LVG have all managed teams abroad and won CL with them... I think we just underestimate teams like Porto and the other lower ranked teams that we are expected to beat, and teams that play 'us' for them its like their CL final and elevate their game like 100%, but if we were to play them in a domestic league we would beat them 9/10...
  • yung$
    yung$ Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just lost money on my bet at half time sigh! Barcelona did their thing, didnt expect chelsea not to come back and definately knew arsenal would fail
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited September 2015
    Options
    That Suarez goal. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

tumblr_nvgj82pmdB1rf0fpjo1_540.gif
    tumblr_nvgj82pmdB1rf0fpjo2_540.gif

tumblr_nvgikqPf111ry3rxao3_250.gif
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ even tho I don't like dude.. That goal was world class: plus his shoutout to #diez (Messi) was dope...
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    epl = overrated

The main thing the English game is lacking is tactics. It's been stated on here, TV, and you see it when the games are played. It's getting there but it should really already be there with the London and Manchester clubs that are currently in the tournament. All four of these managers and squads got enough experience in the CL.

I wouldn't say the quality overall is better. The quality of the their top teams right now is better tho. I'll agree with that.

EPL/BPL>>>>>>

The EPL managers like Jose and LVG have all managed teams abroad and won CL with them... I think we just underestimate teams like Porto and the other lower ranked teams that we are expected to beat, and teams that play 'us' for them its like their CL final and elevate their game like 100%, but if we where to play them in a domestic league we would beat them 9/10...

yeah but except for Chelsea and maybe Man U, the prem doesnt have any feared teams in Europe. Porto are on another lvl than PSV but teams like PSV and Olimpiacos are atleast better than the west ham's and leicester city's. Teams like Porto n Benfica are on the same lvl as Arsenal, they would go for a top 4 spot in the prem...teams like Zagreb n Bate Borisov on the other hand would be fighting relegation...Psv would be struggling for a EL spot lol.

Arsenal basically been on Schalke status for years, city has massive potential but suck in the CL for some reason and man u still needs to prove theyre back...only Chelsea has been holding the prem down in Europe lol.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah it's official. It's more frustrating being an Arsenal fan than it is being a Jags fan.

well yea...one of these teams actually gives you some hope...jags pick in the top 10 every year
  • Gooner
    Options
    does someone actually want to make a case for epl>la liga that involves anything other than "anyone can beat anyone"?

• Gooner
    Options
    epl = overrated

EPL/BPL>>>>>>

tactically it isn't even close...even the quality of their bad teams is better than that of the bad teams in the epl...their top 3 teams would finish 1,2,3 in epl...arsenal/united would probably finish outside the top 6 in la liga
  • Gooner
    Options
    anyway...the day has finally come...It's time for Wenger to step down at the end of the season...offer Ancelotti the job tomorrow for him to start next summer

AW just can't coach to the necessary level to compensate for our lack of resources...and these ? players are not playing hard for him...poor coaching plus players under performing = the disaster of a season we have

and while i'm making requests, plz sell the team to a more ambitious owner...plz
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    does someone actually want to make a case for epl>la liga that involves anything other than "anyone can beat anyone"?

ANYONE CAN BEAT ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stoke away on a weekday night..... DUH........
  • toheeb27
    Options
    On a side note, what Yacine Brahimi did to Ivanovic today was totally unfair. In some countries, they arrest folks for that type of assault.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Were playing CSKA moscow tonight, hopefully we can manage a draw or sneaky win lol...we usually get ethered by the russian teams though smh
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Lol at Arsenal btw, four games to go and two of em are against Bayern, might not make the knock out stages
  • HundredEyes
    Options

UEFA Champions League (Eur)

Shakhtar Donetsk vs. PSG

Malmö FF vs. Real Madrid

Manchester United vs. VfL Wolfsburg

CSKA Moskou vs. PSV

Astana vs. Galatasaray

Atlético Madrid vs. Benfica

Borussia Mönchengladbach vs. Manchester City

Juventus vs. Sevilla
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    United got alot of injuries, Im worried about 2nites game...
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    YOOOOO a ref in Brazil had enough of being surround by the players, so went to his changing room and came back with the blammmer!!! LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_3JoLDR7UA
  • toheeb27
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    On a side note, what Yacine Brahimi did to Ivanovic today was totally unfair. In some countries, they arrest folks for that type of assault.

I trust Mourinho, but he seems to have a blind spot when it comes to Ivanovic.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at Arsenal btw, four games to go and two of em are against Bayern, might not make the knock out stages

Good.
  • northside7
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Arsenal-Fans-Banner.jpg

Yeah it's back! A loss on Sunday might have me rocking that in the sig.

We need one of those a-rabs or Africans to buy the club and pump some life back in to it. No Americans or Jews.

New owner, new board, new manager.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EPL >>>> the rest.

No need to make a case.

But I'll just say that it takes players from Spain a while to adjust to the physical side and speed of the PL.

No game in the PL is a gaurenteed win for the top clubs, it's not like that in any other league.

Top 3 Spanish teams would struggle in our league to keep up.

Imagine Barcelona playing on cold Sunday afternoon up north in the middle of December...lol
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    EPL >>>> the rest.

No need to make a case.

But I'll just say that it takes players from Spain a while to adjust to the physical side and speed of the PL.

No game in the PL is a gaurenteed win for the top clubs, it's not like that in any other league.

Imagine Barcelona playing on cold Sunday afternoon up north in the middle of December...lol
    EPL >>>> the rest.

No need to make a case.

Lol the ol' playing in Stoke on a Monday night in December argument.
  • northside7
    edited September 2015
    Options
    EPL >>>> the rest.

No need to make a case.

Depends on the player. Özil and Sanchez hitting the ground with no problems. Di Maria couldn't handle it.

C/S the bold.

A freezing cold wet winter night with a frozen pitch.
  • Gooner
    Options
    Arsenal-Fans-Banner.jpg

Yeah it's back! A loss on Sunday might have me rocking that in the sig.

We need one of those a-rabs or Africans to buy the club and pump some life back in to it. No Americans or Jews.

New owner, new board, new manager.

i hate that banner btw...it's disrespectful...it's time for him to step down but at the same time every single person who supports arsenal owes wenger a lot of respect...
    and i'll hate it if the ? owner and his ? son fired AW...they are the biggest problem at the club
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YOOOOO a ref in Brazil had enough of being surround by the players, so went to his changing room and came back with the blammmer!!! LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_3JoLDR7UA

lol my dad told me refs used to do this all the time in Jamaica. have one in the waistband during the game lol
This discussion has been closed.