Since it's October, list your favorite horror films.

Options

Comments

• jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody remember Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night 2?
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    Anybody remember Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night 2?

Yea I remember that shitc
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    LOL I just knew somebody in here was gonna drop them horrible excuses for horror films "final destination 3" & "jeepers creepers". Im gonna respectfully ask you to ? YOSELF!!!!!!!! Them movies had W.O.A.T acting as well. Final destination 3 looked like the movie got canned and the makers still wanted to put it out. So they pooled all the money they had, got they ? uncle to film it, hired D list actors, and just put that ? out. Movie aint had ? to do with the other two. To real fans of the franchise, that movie never happened. That movie seemed like a parody of 1 & 2.

No words for jeepers creepers, no ? words.

@Lou_Cypher

Maaaaaaaaan, "IT" movies ? everybody childhood up lol. That, and killer clowns from outer space. Bruh!!, that ? made me avoid Mcdonald's for a cool minute. Had me shook as ? of storm drains as well, especially when it was raining. "THEY FLOAT!, THEY ALLLLLLL FLOAT!!!"(Snatch!!!!)
    Ronald%20McDonald.jpg
    Like how dare you take the most innocent, safe, and fun character on the planet and corrupt it? This dude still creeps me the ? out a little bit. All because of "it". I don't trust nobody in a ? clown suit and makeup.
    I cant remember if it was FvJ or JX but the scene where Jason beat the person to death in the sleeping bag by slamming them into the tree was always ? hilarious to me...
    Friday The 13th part 7. That was the most brutal jason movie. I think he killed more people in that movie than any of them. That murder was ? classic. I saw that movie again recently and they edited that scene. He only hit her up against the tree once lol. After that friday the 13th movie, they dumbed down the violence in the other movies.

And lol!!!!!!!!!!! At Michael Myers bulldozing cars like the ? terminater. I remember watching that ? with a bunch of people. A few people was like "maaaaan WTF? that's it, I'm done" and walked out. Cuzzo summoned the strength of jason and the predator
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL I just knew somebody in here was gonna drop them horrible excuses for horror films "final destination 3" & "jeepers creepers". Im gonna respectfully ask you to ? YOSELF!!!!!!!! Them movies had W.O.A.T acting as well. Final destination 3 looked like the movie got canned and the makers still wanted to put it out. So they pooled all the money they had, got they ? uncle to film it, hired D list actors, and just put that ? out. Movie aint had ? to do with the other two. To real fans of the franchise, that movie never happened. That movie seemed like a parody of 1 & 2.

No words for jeepers creepers, no ? words.

1. i respectfully decline
    2. 95% of horror movies are filled with d list actors. how do you sound?
    3. ? you're afraid of clowns. your opinion on horror is null & void
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Man which Halloween movie was that when Myers was about to ? the dude and he was begging please dont and he started stomping on dudes head until his head tuned to mush. That ? was too much for me that excessive gore ruins movies

I think that was rob zombies Halloween 2
    speaking of which...

Halloween franchise
    scream franchise
    the shining
    dawn of the dead (zach snyders version)
    hatchet 1
    final destination 3
    jeepers creepers 1&2
    new nightmare
    the faculty
    from dusk til dawn
    cabin fever
    the mist
    evil dead

Wasn't the faculty the one with Usher in it? Lol
    New Nightmare had me scared all over again of Freddy when that came out. I remember saying see Freddy real. Lol.
    Man Cabin Fever was just nasty as hell. When ol girl was in that shed and she was all deteriorated.

faculty_the_V1_640x360_233280579968.jpg

yeah this is my ? lol Elijah Wood,Josh Hartnett John Stewart, Jordana Brewster and a bunch of other familiar faces are in here too

the worst scene in cabin fever was when ol girl was shaving her legs while the skin was rotting off. how the ? did it take her to the third stroke of the razor to feel that ? ?

btw, would seven count as a horror movie?

Yo i loved the faculty when i was a kid haha. Think i was 11 or so when it dropped thought it was the illest movie ever for a little bit.
  • the ghost
    the ghost Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Silver Bullet
    Maniac Cop 1&2
    Night of the Demons 1,2 &3
    Shocker
    The Blob
    Fright Night (1985) & 2
    House (1986)
    Def by Temptation
    Dr. Giggles
    Arachnophobia
  • jee504
    Options
    the ghost wrote: »
    Silver Bullet
    Maniac Cop 1&2
    Shocker
    The Blob
    Fright Night (1985) & 2
    House (1986)
    Def by Temptation
    Dr. Giggles
    Arachnophobia

That's a dope and unique list. The Blob and Def By Temptation are hella underrated.
    Oh yeah and ? Arachnophobia. ? spiders gives me the creeps just thinking bout it
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I forgot about Silver Bullet every year AMC shows that movie the first day of fall. That's my movie dude shot the werewolf in the eye with a bottle rocket
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the ghost wrote: »
    Silver Bullet
    Maniac Cop 1&2
    Shocker
    The Blob
    Fright Night (1985) & 2
    House (1986)
    Def by Temptation
    Dr. Giggles
    Arachnophobia

Damn forgot about fright night goat movies the remake wasn't that bad either ....arachnophobia creeps me tf out and makes me itch when I watch it ...good movie tho
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    japanese type horror movies scare me the most
    ring grudge etc, all the remakes.
    and there was a japanese horror movie i saw alone once with a lady in a red dress.
    almost coluldnt sleep after that.

other than that i like action kinda horror movies like 13 ghosts and ghostship

and freddy krueger, chucky, candyman, it, shining etc. of course
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    The Ring ? me up for a while too. There's this Asian joint called The Audition that I'd also recommend
  • jee504
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    japanese type horror movies scare me the most
    ring grudge etc, all the remakes.
    and there was a japanese horror movie i saw alone once with a lady in a red dress.
    almost coluldnt sleep after that.

other than that i like action kinda horror movies like 13 ghosts and ghostship

and freddy krueger, chucky, candyman, it, shining etc. of course

13 Ghosts. I never forget the first time I saw it theaters. That movie got me some ? . I went on a date with this chick I didn't think I was gonna smash at all. Thought I was trapped in phantom/friend zone. She was scared as ? of them monsters. She asked if I could sleep over and hold her. Did that to the wrong ? . Maybe she did that on purpose. Don't care still smashed.
    In regards to the movie, that house design was creative and the makeup for the monsters was some of the best I've seen esp ol girl who was cut up and naked.
  • jee504
    Options
    The Ring ? me up for a while too. There's this Asian joint called The Audition that I'd also

Man when she came out that tv. Damn that ? me up. I only saw it once and only once.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    The cabin in the woods
    Dawn of the dead
    Friday the 13th
    40 days of night
    28 days later
    Jeepers creepers
    The faculty
    Paranormal activity
    The thing
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    The shining
    Insidious
    Bones lol
    Skeleton key- great movie, hella creepy and highly slept on.
    The others with Nicole Kidman
    The sixth sense
    The descent- one of my favorite movies
    Capitalism by Michael moore
    The ring
    It
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol this ? said capitalism
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Netflix got the woat horror movies
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Im not big on horror movies but Cosign The Shining

And this...

The-Orphanage.jpg

Man hell no. Trash ass foreign films.

Scared of a lil subtitles?

Reading got you shook
  • jee504
    Options
    How could I forget the Lost Boys? I love that one. The music in there was awesome. That Cry Little Sister song is one of my favorite tracks.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    How could I forget the Lost Boys? I love that one. The music in there was awesome. That Cry Little Sister song is one of my favorite tracks.

Lost Boys is one of my mom's favorite movies of all time. The Frog Brothers were a trip in that ? .

Another good older vampire joint is Salem's Lot.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm into it if it's scary, eerie, cheesy, funny, gorey, ? up, twisted etc..

Horror movies can never go wrong. They can be stupid as ? and cheesy and in its own way, it's good. Just how this genre works.

I dunno if I can make a top of the list but I love Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm St, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Childs Play, Rob Zombie flicks, Evil Dead (original and new) Fright Night (original and new)..

Horror is great.
  • texas409
    Options
    The 80s Fright Night movies was the ? . 80s had an obsession with horror flicks too
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ooh Event Horizon was a dope movie too back in its day. That movie ? me up when i was young lol.
  • texas409
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Blair Witch Project was a game changer. Found footage films have been eating off that movie for almost 20 years now
  • jee504
    Options
    Came across this list on Den Of Geek.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/horror-movies/249526/the-best-horror-movies-of-the-21st-century-so-far

I've seen a good bit of the movies listed but after reading some of the descriptions for some of them I want to check out like I Saw The Devil, Trick R Treat, The Strangers, and REC.