After Over 10 Years, Street's Disciple Feels Damn Near Classic

Options

Comments

• supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Sd is still better than the blueprint series they are overated in my eyes its better than kingdom come and some other jay albums to be honest i aint know the names of rest his alums aint gonna google either. The album with money cash hoes beats sd tho and reasonable doubt
  • supergangster
    Options
    Nas 'worst' albums is i am and hip hop is dead
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas 'worst' albums is i am and hip hop is dead

Hip Hop is Dead was fire

What kinda Nas stan are you?
  • supergangster
    Options
    I dont think they are bad just if i had to rank nas albums in order i am and hip hop is dead would be last
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Hip Hop Is Dead had a Jigga collabo, that is lowkey why you probably think that album is one of his worst.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    We must be listening to 2 different albums. SD was one of the worst albums of the decade. 10 years later and it sucks worse than ever to me

This statement is why i can't ? with nas fans. The reaction to Streets disciple is one of the most bizarre things i've ever seen. Is it to long long? Of course. But it also contains some of the best songs of his entire career. And it's his best rapped album after Illmatic. The title track may be the best song he's ever done, and his flow is godly. People putting in the same category as Nastradamus are insane.

I agree with everything up to the bolded.

Streets Disciple and Nastradamus are both 4 mic albums. There's nothing wrong with either one. The only problem is that by Nas's standards, they're not as good as his other albums. But compared to albums that came out in the same year, they 're both 4 mic efforts.

Nastradamus is one of the top 10 rap albums of 1999

Streets Disciple is one of the top 10 rap albums of 2004
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    We must be listening to 2 different albums. SD was one of the worst albums of the decade. 10 years later and it sucks worse than ever to me

This statement is why i can't ? with nas fans. The reaction to Streets disciple is one of the most bizarre things i've ever seen. Is it to long long? Of course. But it also contains some of the best songs of his entire career. And it's his best rapped album after Illmatic. The title track may be the best song he's ever done, and his flow is godly. People putting in the same category as Nastradamus are insane.

I agree with everything up to the bolded.

Streets Disciple and Nastradamus are both 4 mic albums. There's nothing wrong with either one. The only problem is that by Nas's standards, they're not as good as his other albums. But compared to albums that came out in the same year, they 're both 4 mic efforts.

Nastradamus is one of the top 10 rap albums of 1999

Streets Disciple is one of the top 10 rap albums of 2004

No they are wack albums for hip hop standards, has nothing to do with nas standards
  • supergangster
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Hip Hop Is Dead had a Jigga collabo, that is lowkey why you probably think that album is one of his worst.

Come on we are grown people i have nothing against jay he is a great rapper just not one of my favorites
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Streets disciple was a horrible album then & it is now

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

Come on we are grown people i have nothing against jay he is a great rapper just not one of my favorites
    Just ? with you, although knowing your crazy ass I wouldn't put it past you.

I Am was solid, it definitely aged better, Nastradamus was mediocre at best to me. Street's Disciple was one of Nas' most creative albums, dope storytelling tracks, and dope concept records.
  • supergangster
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I've been around here for a long time at first I didn't like Jay at all. I hated that man with all my heart always got mad when people mention his name in real life and stuff like that. ? was mad childish i brang that ? to this site also. But now i'm older and I accept it, people like Jay and rank him very high, many people say the best and I accept it but in my book he aint one of the best. His music just don't touch me thats all.

Does that mean he is wack? No. He is a great rapper just that I don't like his music and its nothing for me
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Streets disciple was a horrible album then & it is now

• 5 Grand
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Logically speaking, Nas has 11 albums. No matter what order you put them in one of them has to be "the worst". So you can say, "Streets Disciple is Nas's worst album" or "Nastradamus is Nas's worst album". But all that means is that you put them in order and one of them was last. It doesn't mean the album is wack, it just means its not as good as his other albums.

Put Nas's albums in order; His 5 worst albums are better than most rapper's top 5 albums.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    I've been around here for a long time at first I didn't like Jay at all. I hated that man with all my heart always got mad when people mention his name in real life and stuff like that. ? was mad childish i brang that ? to this site also. But now i'm older and I accept it, people like Jay and rank him very high, many people say the best and I accept it but in my book he aint one of the best. His music just don't touch me thats all.

Does that mean he is wack? No. He is a great rapper just that I don't like his music and its nothing for me

Im glad u quit with that childish ? . Just because two rappers got beef doesnt mean u gotta choose sides and hate the other rapper. Thats the definition of dickriding

Jay's my favorite rapper and Nas is in my top 5. Salute to both those legends
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac destroyed him Jay finished him. Hurt his creative spirit never recovered stillmatic is dope as hell though. Waste of talent
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac destroyed him Jay finished him. Hurt his creative spirit never recovered stillmatic is dope as hell though. Waste of talent

Pac didn't do ? and Jay lost.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options

Cant agree at all. Nas was still popping when Pac dissed him and when Jay dissed him that brought his career back to the forefront.

? 's Son was fire, Lost Tapes was fire, Street's Disciple was a different pace for him because it barely had that street edge but I grew to like it recently. Hip Hop is Dead was a great album. ? was alright. Distant Relatives was wack imo ? was too positive. Life is Good was. great album as well

• Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »

Jay won that beef

Go make ur own Nas thread for u to dickride in
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the IC bro. No need to explain yourself

Do you personally enjoy the album?

Yes? Then its classic.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »

Jay won that beef

Go make ur own Nas thread for u to dickride in

I'm stating my opinion in response to a statement I disagree with.

You think about ? too much. That Young Thug music is bad for your health.
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Pac destroyed himself. Nothing Pac said had any impact on Nas's career.

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Pac destroyed himself. Nothing Pac said had any impact on Nas's career.

Nas's career went into a bit of a dead period after pac dissed him....hence peoples opinions of i am and nastradamus...it wasnt until jay dissed him that he had a rebirth and then cemented his legacy
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

stillmatic isn't any better than I Am. It has a great first half( aside from smoking which is terrible) then falls the ? off. My country and Rule are two of his worst songs. ? 's son is a far superior album.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    This album near the bottom of Nas albums
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IWW was absolutely horrible to. It takes an epic disaster like SD to knock IWW off the flop half of fame.

Nas is the dr. jekyll and mr. hyde of rap. He has put out some of the best (Illmatic, I Am, Life is Good) and worst (IWW, SD) albums the game has ever seen