Comments

• grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Necro.

The last few years I hardly bump him anymore. Dude is mad corny on Facebook.

Co ? sign. I was listening to Necro back when i was 14 or 15. Dude became corny to me once i hit 16.

Eminem

Jedi Mind Tricks - Ill give their albums a chance when they drop. But i get sick of hearing about the conspiracy theories or Muslim ? that they preach like its fact.

Immortal Technique - see the first half of the Jedi Mind Tricks description.

ill think of more later.

I Came To Post These Things...All That Horrorcore Gets Old Fast

too bad none of those artists mentioned are considered horrorcore
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I pretty much outgrew all rappers as I got older. But it's not because the music changed, at least not directly. It was moreso social media and YouTube and all the access.

Once smack DVDs and all those other similar ones became very popular I would watch them all. Almost every week it seemed like the dude on the corner would have a new one for five bucks, but after a few I remember thinking this is how these dudes live their life? Hanging out on the corner in the projects smoking blunts counting money all day with thirty ? behind them while they flash guns and talk about how they the toughest ? the world has ever seen?

And I know some rappers always rapped about that ? , dudes that I liked too, but there was something about seeing the visual of them talking for fifteen or twenty minutes just acting hard for a camera that made me pretty much outgrow all rappers, in the sense that I lost a certain respect for them. The whole ? didn't seem cool to me anymore or even desirable. It just looked stupid.

I remember when young jeezy was on a smack DVD with bmf, it was the first time a lot of nyc had even heard of dude and I was like damn these ? doing it big, in a way I never saw before. Then of course they all got indicted shortly thereafter and I remember thinking how dumb it was that those DVDs were the reason they got caught in the first place.

And then seeing dudes like Maino and Saigon and tru life essentially get their whole "careers" just by talking about how they beat ppl up.

I distinctly remember the time tru life was on smack DVD in a bodega using a wad of hundreds as a bib while he ate a bowl of fruity pebbles using champagne instead of milk.

That single moment it hit me that Jay z have this halfbrained idiot a million dollar roc deal. And of course shortly after that tru was in prison for murder.

So yeah, around 2005-2008 is when I started seeing the majority of rappers as clowns. I still listen to the music, and I still respect lots of particular rappers, but overall I think majority of them social media, Instagram, YouTube ? .... No different that an Instagram ? ? or Kardashian or whoever else

Cosign 100%

Him and Max B had the best segments on those DVDs
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't say I out grew rap. If anything I outgrew all the antics. Maybe it's because of all the access we have to them like dude said. But to me the music kinda got stale. We already know music is repetitive no matter how you slice it. But with so many rappers and all the shenanigans it's hard to consume nowadays.

I can't out grow something that lives in me. But I can get tired of it.
  • mr.october
    mr.october Members Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't really agree with the notion of outgrowing rappers cuz I'll still check for my childhood favs every so often but I outgrew certain content. The ultra violent super drug dealer gangsta punchline every line music I can't really listen to. Aside for the fact that all the rappers that actually did that type of rap when I was younger are all 40+ now n their music quality declined this decade at least to me. When I was bout that life it was the best music to listen to for me. After growing up n having to deal with consequences n responsibilities and my preferences changing in general I listened to other artists with different content. I enjoy the occasional hustler tune or a trap song with a hot hook n beat to have fun at a social event. For that matter I don't listen to the preachy pseudo intellectual pretentious my cousin brother uncle father was bout it but I wasn't n speak from the watchers perspective raps either. Shame too a lot dope lyrics come outta those artists but they're too contradicting for me to feel the music all the way. But I'm grown n experienced enough to take entertainment at face value & to give any artist credit where it's due for overall good product even if I'm not into their content or style per say.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anything you played a lot you will outgrow, your views and mind thoughts change
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Pac

Wtf button needed

non is needed for that statement. it's a lot of ? I thought was dope but not so much anymore, that's the way life goes
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The diplomats them dudes had my CD player on lock from 01ish- 05/06 then the Roc brake up and a few years after the dips split and and it wasn't ever the same

• So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I found that Lil Scrappy and Trillville album the other day. That ? bumped in '04, but I couldn't go one song without turning it off lol.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    I found that Lil Scrappy and Trillville album the other day. That ? bumped in '04, but I couldn't go one song without turning it off lol.

I remember half that album being skits
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

But then he turned into this muhfucker...trying to be a drug lord and ? .
    article-2167513-13E2E5C0000005DC-561_306x648.jpg

Then he became THIS muhfucker....
    gallery_main-busta-rhymes-got-fat-01.jpg

dude looks like a video game boss in the first pic and what that boss becomes after u beat him in the next video games
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    murdap wrote: »
    Sheek Louch
    Cormega
    Nature
    M.O.P

? your parents for having conceived you. !!!!!!!

• mackanaven
    mackanaven Members Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    Options
    insane clown posse
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »

Trillville half of the album was better than Scrappy's half
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    murdap wrote: »
    M.O.P
    *shocked expression*
    i will be playing MOP records when i am a 90-year-old man in a nursing home, without any shame at all
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Jedi Mind Tricks - Ill give their albums a chance when they drop. But i get sick of hearing about the conspiracy theories or Muslim ? that they preach like its fact.
    sort of the same, but i think it's more like "i don't get tired of Stoupe," so bringing him back kind of saved me from getting tired of JMT

• x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Riff Raff. Realized he only used rap to get into that pop flo rida lane.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jeezy
    T.I
    Pastor Troy
    Kanye
    Wayne
    Migos
    Young Thug
    Na Rule
    Fat Joe
    Drake
    Ross
    Meek
    Nas
    .....etc its alot of artist ion listen to all the time or don't listen to period....I'm not really dedicated to one artist to check them out regularly if they drop a new album and mixtape I'll check for it pick out the songs I like and keep it moving
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wayne i would be bout ready to fight a ? if they said some ? ? about Weezy the thing to be honest the IC opened my eyes to how ? this ? music had became. Not only that but I hhad also started ? w/ KRITs music heavy and that ? gave me a new ear for music.
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chamillionaire .....i just grew out of him...respect what's he's doing now(venture capitalists) and respect what he's done for my state but now when he drops records I don't even click play....I used to really support dude....I was on the early Cham back when swisha house cd's were recorded on cd-r's lol.....all these balling metaphors cats do now....Cham was doing that and some from 99-2005 .....he was ahead of his time back then....I think he let label politics ? his spirit musically though or he simply just found some other ? to do lol....