Raven Symone Controversy - Says She Wouldn't Hire People With "Ghetto" Names

Options

Comments

• brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    brown321 wrote: »
    I'll ? it up I guess, but unless I watched the wrong video, she get a pass on this one. Ain't no one hiring anyone with those names and you lying if you saying you will.

HOW many people do you know or heard of with those type of names?? Cooning indeed...

Quotyouactuallythoughtiwasseriousenoughtosendme_f84899b79213b34fa985a720106a7954_zpskrhbyt07.gif

Exactly no one has those names so it makes the outrage laughable, but Let a video of somebody with one of those names being interviewed on the local news come out. It would be posted on here and everyone on here would have been clowning.

But you'd take them as seriously as somebody with a non-stupid name?
    Hard to believe.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all have got to giving chicks like this that much attention. Nowadays, I just take all the silly ? they say in stride and keep it going.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Names don't mean ? .

You could be a Reginald Harris the Third and still be a ?
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ppl admitting to name discrimination are also admitting to be aint ? ppl.
    what type of ? ass ? would overlook someones qualifications because they don't like someones name?
    that level of incompetence should not be something u brag about.

they wont hear u bruh..
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ? got the name of a bird, thinks like one and looks like one too.

Foghorn_Leghorn.gif

qrcoAbu.png

Copper wrote: »
    KINGEC wrote: »
    dc2.jpg

We'll take Rachel dozeal, and a kardashian to be named at a later date and time.

I'd rather we took Bill Burr and Amber Rose
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll ? it up I guess, but unless I watched the wrong video, she get a pass on this one. Ain't no one hiring anyone with those names and you lying if you saying you will.

HOW many people do you know or heard of with those type of names?? Cooning indeed...

Quotyouactuallythoughtiwasseriousenoughtosendme_f84899b79213b34fa985a720106a7954_zpskrhbyt07.gif

Exactly no one has those names so it makes the outrage laughable, but Let a video of somebody with one of those names being interviewed on the local news come out. It would be posted on here and everyone on here would have been clowning.

Hard to believe.

So if you're hiring, you'd hire Jane with the G.E.D instead of Boomquisha with the masters degree in a related field?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hard to believe.

As long as his or hers qualifications are up to par with what their trying to achieve and obtain a name doesn't mean a gotdamn thing. Raven just sounds ignorant as ? on national tv and is lucky someone didn't judge her due to her name. This the same chick that thinks she's from different continents of Africa except one smh.
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't watched the video so I don't know if that would put things into context but I don't understand why anyone would not hire someone because of their name.
  • rebootx1
    rebootx1 Members Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U all r fools for still listening to her if she don't have a ? in her mouth I don't even wanna see her, hear her or nothing, she bring Whoopi Goldberg some ? watermelon 1 time on the show.
  • ShottaDaBeast
    ShottaDaBeast Members Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The whole cast disagreed with her lol. Then on top of that her cast mate name is Whoopi LMFAO! I wonder if Whoopi had a discussion with her offline
  • movingfeet
    movingfeet Members Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok I'll take this ? on : when you look at all of the so-called ? up African names what type of person you think of: either a ratchet ass chick or a straight up ? that don't give a flyin ? . Also when you look at news reports past and present when black people are in the news either on T.V,radio,or internet what type of names do they have ???????? A ? UP AFRICAN NAME LIKE LATAMEKIA,SHARKESHIA,SHAQUANDA,LAKEISHA OR ANY LA IN FRONT OF IT OR DO THE DUMBEST ? POSSIBLE AND ? THE ENTIRE NAME UP LIKE AIRWREAKKA AND FOR THE BOYS FOR THE MOST PART EITHER A MISSPELLED ARABIAN OR A ? NAME LIKE SHAQUIL OR JUST ? UP THE ENTIRE NAME UP JUST TO BE UNIQUE.

Now for the most part most parents if they don't want to ? up there child's life will name a child some religious name either out of the bible, the Quran, Or the Torah. Oh and for the person that brought up the hindu and the Chinese names it's sometimes from their ancestor's that they get their name's from. AND IF ANY ? DON'T LIKE WHAT THE ? I'M SAYING: ? YOU,THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON, AND THE STALLION THAT ? THE HORSE.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While I don't agree with her ,some of these hood names have gotten out of control.

Some of these parents gave their kids some real wild names that will get them not hired for some jobs.

But a person should be judged off what they do,not their name and Raven Symone has the name of a stripper.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YEP. This the moment I would condone punching a broad in the face/head.. multiple times.

These kind of ? think they're coming across as saying some profound ? and look like ? idiots. Sounding all jacked up, look at the ? . She is a clown.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i came here for the backlash of hilarity
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really wish she would ? FOREVER.