The Official The Game - ‘THE DOCUMENTARY 2′ Album Discussion Thread Disc 1 (10.9), Disc 2 (10.16)

Options

Comments

• J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Possibility of this being AOTY...........
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just got this ? first few tracks dope so far.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry if this was asked earlier in thread, but how diddy say game bought me red Ferrari for my birthday, then a few sentences later says game just bought me a red Ferrari on a random Tuesday for no reason?

Or is he just pulling a game by lying for no purpose other than he feels like it?

Damn this ? provoking thoughts....
  • SheerExcellence
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Sorry if this was asked earlier in thread, but how diddy say game bought me red Ferrari for my birthday, then a few sentences later says game just bought me a red Ferrari on a random Tuesday for no reason?

Or is he just pulling a game by lying for no purpose other than he feels like it?

Damn this ? provoking thoughts....

I'm gonna pretend like this isn't a serious question.

I'm serious man. I'm not in a gang and I'm not rich enough to afford ferraris and pass em out like I would a pamphlet...so forgive me if I'm ignorant of the meaning or importance of this phrase. Is he parodying a movie line or something else that I have missed or maybe forgotten?

You must forgive me for my stupidity, I'm old and work and have ? to do. Hip hop is still a big part of my life but not as much as it was ten years ago, so although I think I have a good foundation of knowledge sometimes things slip by me.

I still listen to new music, even listening to this game album which was legally released just today, and since I don't download illegally anymore, it was the first day I heard it. So I heard the line and thought it interesting. So I came on the hip hop board I come too often to discuss this very album just released today that I had the joy of listening to SO I could ask my fellow hip hop fans the meaning of said line.

So please, after you clown me and put up memes or mock me further for not immediately knowing what these two ? are referring to, please answer the question.

Thanks in advance.

Oh and also lol in advance on all the "look at this ? ? " and all the other insults about to be hurled in my direction.

I'm old but I can still take a good ribbing. I do await an answer though .
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    LOL to the honest bruh I think he's just talkin ? on the record, don't think there's any meaning behind any of it and I highly doubt Game bought Diddy a Ferrari.
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    I assumed it was a joke at first but then game kept saying "i put that on piru" which made me think he must be serous, For obvious reasons.

• CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game stay making classic albums. Lol at ? being surprised
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unpopular opinion but I'm leaning towards this >>>> Compton.

The best song on Compron is Animals...id say that On Me and Documentry 2 are just as good if not better.
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Where can hear I the album? I ain't lookin for downloadlinks since I am always on the mobile
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cant believe im the only one annoyed by this sounding like Kendrick for no reason ? .
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game sounds like everybody with that being said the lp is dope
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The 50 shots were funny to
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2nd album out yet?
  • J.J._Evans
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ? what some of y'all saying, this project from Game is sounding more and more like a CLASSIC double disc to me............

And yes I was serious earlier when I said this is possibly the AOTY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E8RK3ZEPrk#t=880
    The Game - The Documentary 2.5 [Snippets + Tracklist]

TRACKLIST:

01. New York Skit 0:00
    02. Magnus Carlsen (feat. Anderson .Paak) 0:20
    03. Crenshaw/80s and ? (feat. Anderson .Paak & Sonyae) 1:19
    04. Gang Bang Anyway (feat. Jay Rock & ScHoolboy Q) 2:20
    05. The Ghetto (feat. Nas & will.iam) 3:20
    06. From Adam (feat. Lil Wayne) 4:20
    07. Gang Related (feat. Asia) 5:21
    08. Last Time You Seen (feat. Scarface & Stacy Barthe) 6:20
    09. Intoxicated (feat. Dion) 7:21
    10. Quik’s Groove (feat. DJ Quik, Sevyn Streeter & Micah) 8:22
    11. Outside (feat. E-40, Marcus Black & Lil E) 9:21
    12. Up On the Wall (feat. Problem, Ty Dolla $ign & YG) 10:22
    13. Sex Skit - NOT AVAILABLE
    14. My Flag/Da Homies (feat. Ty Dolla $ign, Jay 305, AD, Mitchy Slick, Joe Moses, RJ & Skeme) 11:22
    15. Moment of Violence (feat. King Mez, Jon Connor & JT) 11:55
    16. Like Father Like Son 2 (feat. Busta Rhymes) 12:54
    17. Life 13:54
    18. El Chapo (feat. Skrillex)
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The album is good at best. It pretty much hits the standard for Game's better stuff. It starts strong and then becomes ? in the middle before finishing strong.

Once we have the second disc we'll be able to fill in the gaps. Throw Bigger Than Me from that abortion Blood Moon to give it a stand out banger and we're good.

Stop saying this ? is album of the year.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    sounds like first disc is the east coast sound. 2nd is west coast influenced. btw its leaked....2nd disc isnt as good as the first but thats cuz the 1st set the bar so high. its got some smooth cuts on it though just isnt as cohesive. 2nd one sounds more like what games albums usually like. some dope tracks a couple misses, starts out strong then starts to get to blood moon territory around track 8. ? it though after how dope the first one is some extra cuts are definitely welcome
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    2nd album out yet?

Yes
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HitsDailyDouble has projected that the album will sell between 60-70K, or 75-85K including streams

The first album
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who got that lank to the 2nd disk?
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    Stop saying this ? is album of the year.

Stop telling people what they can and can't choose as an AOTY candidate.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Game stay making classic albums. Lol at ? being surprised

Buddy is highly slept on. His material should speak for itself but like Lupe folks focus on everything except what is put on wax.
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    The second disc is bangin too......

That song "Life" is one of the best joints Game has ever dropped. "Magnus Carlsen", "Gang Bang", "The Ghetto"......and other songs throughout the list are just straight bangin.........
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    games sons rapping on like father like son 2
    that's dope
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? flopped 70k first week with mainstream artists, all the best producers. LOL.

What can I say?