Astronomers may have spotted Alien Megastructures around a distant star........

Options

Comments

• HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "around a star" is constructing something that large even possible?

not for us...they could be anything, 4/5D mofos and ? . Beings not bond by physics like us. 'Gods' if u will..

just look at our planet and its species. Dna wise were just a couple % different than chimps...imagine if there would be species several % above us on this planet and what they could do with it...

anything is possible..
  • Ip man
    Ip man Members Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Keep ? with these ?

meteor-crash-640.jpg

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    Its minding its business, leave it the ? alone..

nah ? all the aliens and replace them with White colonists that act like it was theirs all along
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

not for us...they could be anything, 4/5D mofos and ? . Beings not bond by physics like us. 'Gods' if u will..

just look at our planet and its species. Dna wise were just a couple % different than chimps...imagine if there would be species several % above us on this planet and what they could do with it...

anything is possible..

Neil D. Tyson, breaks it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sDtbTsmJcE
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they have a structure that surrounds a gotdamn sun then we best not ? with them.

They got some ? that'll turn earth into space dust and use it to fuel their homes.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have nothing to worry about from the aliens who can build a ? dyson sphere, however we should worry about the aliens who are less technologically advanced than dyson sphere builders but more technologically advanced than us.

They may still need our resources or they may still be spiritually unevolved
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    In my lifetime I believe that man will either FIND or make contact with intelligent life outside of our planet - at the very least we'll find extraterrestrial life whether it's bacteria, an organism or primitive.

Mankind better hope that if that structure is intelligent life, that they happen to be friendly and giving.... Cuz some aliens could be no better than a corporation wanting to eradicate a rainforest irregardless of it's beauty just so it can put up condos or something to situate another habitat. Hey that kinda sounds familiar....

I cant agree sion , for any civilization to get to be that technologically advanced and be interstellar explorers they would obviously have gone beyond a nuclear age which means they would have dealt with the belligerence that we have or are facing now. I believe all civilization that advance to be type 1 ,2 or 3 have gone beyond war and understand the dangers of that if they didnt they would be or are extinct already coz they couldnt get over that ? .

If you can harness that kind of solar power, terraform planets and light speed travel at that level then you dont need to bother with type civilizations , it would make no sense.

That don't mean they're going to be above negativity, greed, curiosity or whatever nature they have, they wont be perfect. Look at how far we've come as a society from the stone age to now and we still dealing with out own ? . The white man had all of Europe but still came to America and Africa and ravaged them. We don't know for sure what would happen I just hope when we make contact they just want to say "hello" and nothing more....

But what im saying is that for them to advance to that level of intelligence and understanding, it means they would have experienced all those things in their own societies and moved beyond that because they would have seen how destructive it has been or would have been to their own societies, thus i believe they are least likely to come ass colonisers.

but why fam? I mean if those aliens build such a thing around a star(for reasons we can really only speculate), they build something literally thousands of times bigger than Earth....the scale on which they operate is/would be ridiculous...

I mean this civilization level ? and being beyond war/savagery and morally high etc is something I would love to believe, but who knows how they perceive life, maybe to them earth is like what an apple is to us, before u eat it, you wash the bacteria away lol...I mean really, if they can build something thousands of times bigger than our planet and travel through space like we walk and breath, wtf would earth and us be to them? There are trillions of stars and planets out there, if they would need earth for whatever reason they can take it within a heartbeat. Aint gonna be no war or anything like that with them than lol.

I mean we dont know ? about the universe, who said they advanced to the point they are now, we have no idea what they are.

but my argument is war and savagery cant really co-exist with that kind of technological advancement or species advancement especially say the alien lifeforms are say 1000 to 100000 years older than the current ? sapiens species.

you wouldve destroyed yourselves way before you wouldve been that technologically advanced.

moreover what would be the point of consuming our planet as fuel when you can harness Stars for power, there are milllions and billions of stars (in carl sagan's voice) for you to focus on us or be belligerent with us.

I can dig it fam but thats all based on the assumption that 'they' would develop and advance as a species on a similair way as us when there is absolutely no reason to assume such...our concept of civilization and said stages, hell even time itself, it could all very well be different to them. Were thinking they advanced as a species(whatever the ? they are) with our own concept of time. Who is to say what takes us 1000 years to develop, takes only an hour for them...or that they cant transcend time....

considering the scale of the op post, we could also assume that they are nothing like us, forget our evolution, our story, the way our DNA is set up...who says they started on a single planet? The only form of life we know is our current concept of it. If the species would be similair to us than I would agree with you...but we could be to them what parasites are to us, we could be to them what monkeys are to us, how intelligent we think we are and all the potential we might have, to them our planet might be nothing but pocket change lol.

I mean, why would we assume that their 'civilization' followed similair stages as ours and that we are simply behind? Who says they have emotions or a conscience like us? To become what they are, we wouldnt be human anymore...not only conscience wise, but also physically..

and lets raise the scale and say what if they are like us, why could they not reach this technical advancement without war amd savagery? They might be tappin that star or got the tech for it due to war with another highly advanced species...just like we reached technical advancement due to world war 2, before the house of wisdom was build, omar had to be savage, before the great library of alexanderia, toetmoses the third had to conquer...

my argument is that Im open to everything, they might be like us, they might be 5D, we might be nothing but bacteria for them. They might have build that construction around that star with nothing but their minds....

just think about it...what type of material would that construction be? The universe is so grand. We dont even know wtf is really out there. If the universe would be an inventory, we know 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 % of what is out there...all I know for sure is that...
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Shitvwe dont even really know what our planet is, we think they would take it for fuel, energy or whatever but couldnt it be for something we have no ? idea about considering the given that we have no idea how on earth they even can be so advanced and what they know and can do?
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Hope tells me that they are us....foolish belief maybe, but for some reason I believe that when we die, we transcend into something else, something greater...we die and we move on to the next level...maybe thats why when we look deep into the universe, we see nothing but the past...
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I been digging here is what I found on Wikipedia and the internet.

Star name KIC 8462852 

"The first major dip obscured the star's brightness by up to 15%, and the other by up to 22%. In comparison, a planet the size of Jupiter would only obscure a star of this size by 1%, indicating that whatever is blocking light during the star's major dips is not a planet, but rather something covering up to half the width of the star.[5] Due to the failure of two of Kepler‍‍ '​‍s reaction wheels, the star's predicted 750-day dip around April 2015 was not recorded."
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    They'll say it's images of giant white people up there on some hieroglyphics type ? . Within 20 years they'll relate the ? with (whitewashed) Egypt/Kemet history and proclaim themselves to be ancestors of Gods or some similar ? . When they finally do expose "alien life" (hoax or created) form, it won't be what they say. Egypt Pyramids communicating with "alien" pyramids but with all white faces and life forms.

Nobody knows if there's any truth to anything they're saying. But If you can control the perception of history you can control the future of thought and belief in most people.

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ip man wrote: »
    Keep ? with these ?

meteor-crash-640.jpg

What's extra crazy is how RIDICULOUSLY EASY it would be for any advanced spacefaring species to wipe out entire worlds like that. ? Nukes, ? a Death Star, all you need to do is grab a nearby asteroid or moon and give that ? a lil push......Mass Effect did a good job depicting how much this would scare intergalactic governments.....accelerate a rock to a fraction of light speed and you could literally shatter an entire planet into rubble.

Yeah, ? what the Hollywood movies say, Humanity don't want these Alien hands bruh lol.
    They'll say it's images of giant white people up there on some hieroglyphics type ? . Within 20 years they'll relate the ? with (whitewashed) Egypt/Kemet history and proclaim themselves to be ancestors of Gods or some similar ? . When they finally do expose "alien life" (hoax or created) form, it won't be what they say. Egypt Pyramids communicating with "alien" pyramids but with all white faces and life forms.

Nobody knows if there's any truth to anything they're saying. But If you can control the perception of history you can control the future of thought and belief in most people.

LOL you never heard of the "Nordic" aliens? Halfway there, fam.

maxresdefault.jpg

? woulda had a got dayum field day with that one lol......
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Grey aliens are scary as ?
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "THEY" the foreign alien bodies and ? out there, haven't bothered disturbing us as they've seen we're near an end of existence anyway, so they're like "? it", nothing for us there, and they move the ? on. Quite frankly.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i get that this kind of thing is "interesting", but i dont get why people truly give a ? . y'all want alien friends or something? like.. i dont give a ? if a bacteria existed on another planet, or currently does, or even an intelligent form. it doesnt seem like its affecting my life.
  • NuffRespect
    NuffRespect Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Grey aliens are scary as ?

a1111.jpg

926596fc73fadc74a03a639b60968884.jpg

alien-face-found-in-egypt.jpg
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »

anything is possible..

Neil D. Tyson, breaks it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sDtbTsmJcE

He's on point
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    This is so ? raw
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    Imagine if Saiyans are real tho. As a kid I would think that is cool. But know I realize that ? is horrifying. SMH if they come to earth they will ? us all. No Goku in sight to save us . Not even Yamacha or Krillin. dW4L2q5.png

Maybe we can convince them that whites are servants of Freiza.

you forget saiyans also serve freiza
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

anything is possible..

theres aliens on this planet right now walking amongst us. you didn't see that south park episode when the earth was about to get cancelled? ducks, Asians, dogs etc.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh, with all the cosmic curiosity among Black/African people, why don't we fund long term space expeditions?

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk, I watched a 3 1/2 minute video of Hillary, she didn't blink once. I don't know how you do that ? , especially under lights and air, but I was like she gotta be a reptile or something like wtf.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will lol my ass of if they black.