Why Do People Care That Rick Ross Was A C.O.?

Options
5 Grand
5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
Straight outta Compton, crazy ? named Ice Cube
From the gang called ? With Attitudes
When I'm called off, I got a sawed off
Squeeze the trigger, and bodies are hauled off

Ice Cube - Straight Outta Compton

Here's a murder rap to keep yo dancin
with a crime record like Charles Manson

Ice Cube - Straight Outta Compton

Here's a little somethin' bout a ? like me
Never shoulda been let out the penitentiary

Ice Cube - Gangsta Gangsta

^^^ Above are three quotes from Ice Cube where he claims that he has a sawed off shotgun and shoots people, that he has a crime record like Charles Manson and that he never should have been released from prison.

All of those quotations are duck tales. He's never shot anybody with a sawed off shot gun (that we know of), he doesn't have a crime record like Charles Manson and he had never been to the penitentiary. I remember when NWA came out. I didn't really care if any of that stuff was true, I just liked the imagery I liked the way the music made me feel. I thought the beats were dope and I liked the way they rapped.

Now its 30 years later. Rick Ross has been rapping about selling coke for almost 10 years now. People call him a fraud because he doesn't really sell coke and he used to be a corrections officer. That's their main criticism.

I don't understand why people condemn Rick Ross for rapping about a life he never lived but praise Ice Cube as one of The GOATS. Neither one of them lived what they rapped about. They're just rappers.

And for the record, I happen to like both of them.

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt read but usually only ? ? have a problem with a dude having a job.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    There's a difference between Cube saying he has a record like Charles Manson /Nas saying he went to hell for snuffin Jesus and a ? who's whole character /name is of a drug kingpin and turns out to be a cop of all things.

The ? that made it worse was him denying the ? for so long.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It cause he swore up and down he worked for a drug kingpin
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fighting oppression>>>being a oppressor
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap looking ass ?
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let me answer your question with another question. Why u asking stupid questions?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only retards take rap that literally... We know Ross prolly sold a lik dope be common sense tells me he wasn't no Escobar. Blame urself if u got that mad about him being a co. Cuz u Betts be mad at Jay and all those bricks he lost as well a young buck and jeezy with them fake as dope prices lol the music is what matters
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Only retards take rap that literally... We know Ross prolly sold a lik dope be common sense tells me he wasn't no Escobar. Blame urself if u got that mad about him being a co. Cuz u Betts be mad at Jay and all those bricks he lost as well a young buck and jeezy with them fake as dope prices lol the music is what matters

Nahh fam, you cant be screaming "? the cops" and youre a ? cop. ? like finding out Chuck D works with the ? .

Naw co aint a cop. I'm not gonna go all back and forth bout it. He was a prison guard when he was younger.... It dont mean he aint sell a lil dope or come from the hood. He can rap the end.
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why was this thread made?
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Cuz woodface told them so on some muuunkee c muuunkee do ? ...I find it funnie tho cuz all that officer Ricky muuunkee talk ain't work muuunkee renzel is still here lllol
    http://youtu.be/yxD1IlJC0vg
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think anyone cared that he was a c.o. It was the fact that he kept denying it. The ? was lookin dead in the camera in full uniform and was like "that aint me".
    rickross.jpg

Since he's making up stories, dude should've admitted it and acted like that's where he met one of his connects or something.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? still don't know the difference between the police and a 19 year old corrections officer?
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    almost forgot that Vlad caught the fist of ? over the denial. lmao
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    I been to jail
    Depends on who you get
    Some of them ? was bringing dope into the building
    Some of them ? was ?
    I personally know a CO that got fired for selling dope in the county
    Soooooooooooo....you still ain't sayin ?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why did I get flagged?

I made a thread about something I'm sincerely curious about and I get flagged.

Could the people who flagged me please explain why they flagged me?
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    Stop whining, gramps
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    working the correctional department and being a drug lord are on the opposite ends of the spectrum...I know there are crooked cops but not drug lord cops...even jayz will big up his connects so you know he wasn't some super powerful boss...and if ross was a boss then he would probably hate cops...doesn't he still deny he worked as a CO?

at 19 I was probably as wild as I've ever been in my life, not working for the corrections department, at 19 the only ppl I knew looking for those jobs were lames who were bullied, not crime boss's

then he stole a famous drug dealers name, which is common in rap but when the man asks you to not use the name anymore, you ignore the request?

listen to a real rick ross interview with joe rogan, he'll break down the whole scenario, it really opened my eyes

it's one thing to embellish a story for entertainment purposes, a lot of rappers/radio hosts/and other professions do that but ross doesn't even have anyone co signing him that he ever was close to living that kind of lifestyle...ice cube was living in the streets of l.a. during a rough time, witnessed a lot of things, nas was in new York projects witnessing things....ross doesn't seem to have any of that

and finally...the dude makes awful music, the subject matter is limited, the lyrics are 1st grade rhymes, he has no story telling ability, his flow is garbage....what is there to even like about his music
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    I been to jail
    Depends on who you get
    Some of them ? was bringing dope into the building
    Some of them ? was ?
    I personally know a CO that got fired for selling dope in the county
    Soooooooooooo....you still ain't sayin ?

You can say the same ? about a detective and sheriff lol At the end of the day, C.O's are called officers and Ross is a fraud.
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    Security guards are called officers too
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    working the correctional department and being a drug lord are on the opposite ends of the spectrum...I know there are crooked cops but not drug lord cops...even jayz will big up his connects so you know he wasn't some super powerful boss...and if ross was a boss then he would probably hate cops...doesn't he still deny he worked as a CO?

at 19 I was probably as wild as I've ever been in my life, not working for the corrections department, at 19 the only ppl I knew looking for those jobs were lames who were bullied, not crime boss's

then he stole a famous drug dealers name, which is common in rap but when the man asks you to not use the name anymore, you ignore the request?

listen to a real rick ross interview with joe rogan, he'll break down the whole scenario, it really opened my eyes

it's one thing to embellish a story for entertainment purposes, a lot of rappers/radio hosts/and other professions do that but ross doesn't even have anyone co signing him that he ever was close to living that kind of lifestyle...ice cube was living in the streets of l.a. during a rough time, witnessed a lot of things, nas was in new York projects witnessing things....ross doesn't seem to have any of that

and finally...the dude makes awful music, the subject matter is limited, the lyrics are 1st grade rhymes, he has no story telling ability, his flow is garbage....what is there to even like about his music

Boobie Williams is all thru hood billionaire
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Security guards are called officers too

On what planet? Nobody calls them mfs officers but you b
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Boobie Williams is all thru hood billionaire

That's y renzel dropped HB out the blu & he aint care it flopped cuz its a street/mixtape album hosted by boobie Williams warning the squares that say officer Ricky muuunkee talk that rozay is not cb4 he's official n Miami a lame repeating some muuunkee woodface talk getting it fuked up will get they head cracked if they think its a game