Why Do People Care That Rick Ross Was A C.O.?

Options

Comments

• _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not the fact he was a co cuz ? know wassup but the fact he lies n then portray to a Pablo escobars confidant
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ross coulda had the greatest story ever if jus owned up to it

I was a clog in the machine at 19. I played my position and at that time my position was to work the co job to ensure things ran smoothly from the cell to the streets

Instead dude got mad and waited months to drop a line about prayin over meatloaf

? was petty

But it doesn't stop me from enjoyin Amsterdam, stay schemin or ashton martin music
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    Ross coulda had the greatest story ever if jus owned up to it

I was a clog in the machine at 19. I played my position and at that time my position was to work the co job to ensure things ran smoothly from the cell to the streets

Instead dude got mad and waited months to drop a line about prayin over meatloaf

? was petty

But it doesn't stop me from enjoyin Amsterdam, stay schemin or ashton martin music

That's the problem
    It stops ? from enjoying the music
    That's crazy to me
  • pennyda1
    pennyda1 Members Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Only retards take rap that literally... We know Ross prolly sold a lik dope be common sense tells me he wasn't no Escobar. Blame urself if u got that mad about him being a co. Cuz u Betts be mad at Jay and all those bricks he lost as well a young buck and jeezy with them fake as dope prices lol the music is what matters

Nahh fam, you cant be screaming "? the cops" and youre a ? cop. ? like finding out Chuck D works with the ? .

Bruh most of these rappers scream ? the COPS and hire COPS TO BE THERE PROTECTION.... It's all entertainment!!!! Ppl hate Ross cause he successful...
    All Rappers are frauds it's WWF
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    Boobie Williams is all thru hood billionaire

That's y renzel dropped HB out the blu & he aint care it flopped cuz its a street/mixtape album hosted by boobie Williams warning the squares that say officer Ricky muuunkee talk that rozay is not cb4 he's official n Miami a lame repeating some muuunkee woodface talk getting it fuked up will get they head cracked if they think its a game

so he paid dude to come on to his album after he got chased out of Detroit?
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cause you can't talk that flip coke ? and running around with the choppers but in reality you was my CO. Like your not the lease bit believable . One of my best friends is a CO and I'm a former felon/ fed prisoner and the reason we so cool is because he's Never pretended to be me and vice versa
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    pennyda1 wrote: »
    Only retards take rap that literally... We know Ross prolly sold a lik dope be common sense tells me he wasn't no Escobar. Blame urself if u got that mad about him being a co. Cuz u Betts be mad at Jay and all those bricks he lost as well a young buck and jeezy with them fake as dope prices lol the music is what matters

Nahh fam, you cant be screaming "? the cops" and youre a ? cop. ? like finding out Chuck D works with the ? .

Bruh most of these rappers scream ? the COPS and hire COPS TO BE THERE PROTECTION.... It's all entertainment!!!! Ppl hate Ross cause he successful...

Youre comparing hiring security to being cop? kys
  • pennyda1
    pennyda1 Members Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Youre comparing hiring security to being cop? kys
    KYS you obviously don't know what you talking about!!! Most secruity at and venue or even bodyguards are some type of law enforcement!!!

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My point is that Rick Ross makes good music. He has dope beats and his flow is nice. I don't understand how somebody could ignore the music and focus on him being a C.O.

There's hundreds of rappers that rap about being drug kingpins. None of them are telling the truth and furthermore, none of them make music as good as Ross's music. I'd go as far as to say when it comes to rapping about being a drug kingpin, Ross might be the best at it.

At the end of the day all I care about is whether or not the beats are dope and if the MC can flow and in Ross's case its affirmative.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    My point is that; Rick Ross makes good music. He has dope beats and his flow is nice. I don't understand how somebody could ignore the music and focus on him being a C.O.

There's hundreds of rappers that rap about being drug kingpins. None of them are telling the truth and furthermore, none of them make music as good as Ross's music. I'd go as far as to say when it comes to rapping about being a drug kingpin, Ross might be the best at it.

At the end of the day all I care about is whether or not the beats are dope and if the MC can flow and in Ross's case its affirmative.

U don't think it's deeper then the CO thing or maybe your inpersonating someone who is living and was locced down and your portraying him but you were essentially on the opposite side. Like music is music but he crept from music to reality
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Naw co aint a cop. I'm not gonna go all back and forth bout it. He was a prison guard when he was younger.... It dont mean he aint sell a lil dope or come from the hood. He can rap the end.

Cops lock you down. While in jail a C.O. Also has the power to lock you down.

Cops investigate crimes. In jail a C.O also investigates crimes within the facility and make busts leading to more time for the prisoner.

Cops write tickets. While in jail a C.O also writes tickets which leads to the prisoner going to a hearing in jail to see if he can beat it. If the prisoner loses his hearing the results can lead to being put in the box and or losing privileges like commissary or phone calls.

So now explain the difference again?

One is on the outside the other inside. They both doing the same ?
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Cause you can't talk that flip coke ? and running around with the choppers but in reality you was my CO. Like your not the lease bit believable . One of my best friends is a CO and I'm a former felon/ fed prisoner and the reason we so cool is because he's Never pretended to be me and vice versa

Is ya best friend 19 or grown over 21? Wen renzel was a co he was 19 he couldn't even buy liquor...... If u think rozay bein a co @ 19 makes him a cop u r a damn fool smh
  • Louis Devinear
    Options

? hire cops cause they got friends with felonies who can't carry fire arms legally.

Come on man. Y'all can't be that dense
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Naw co aint a cop. I'm not gonna go all back and forth bout it. He was a prison guard when he was younger.... It dont mean he aint sell a lil dope or come from the hood. He can rap the end.

Cops investigate crimes. In jail a C.O also investigates crimes within the facility and make busts leading to more time for the prisoner.

Cops write tickets. While in jail a C.O also writes tickets which leads to the prisoner going to a hearing in jail to see if he can beat it. If the prisoner loses his hearing the results can lead to being put in the box and or losing privileges like commissary or phone calls.

Yeah I've been to jail and I'm a criminal justice major. A corrections officer and a police officer are pretty much the same thing. You need the same qualifications to get both positions. Inside the jail, the C.O.s are the police.

If somebody does something to you, you can snitch by telling a C.O. which is the same as telling the police on the outside.

But just to clarify, police officers don't investigate crimes, detectives investigate crimes. Police officers arrest people.

And furthermore, a police officer and a detective have the same rank.

But all of thats irrelevant. Rick Ross makes good music and thats all that counts.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just exactly who tf is renzel?
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah I've been to jail and I'm a criminal justice major. A corrections officer and a police officer are pretty much the same thing. You need the same qualifications to get both positions. Inside the jail, the C.O.s are the police.

If somebody does something to you, you can snitch by telling a C.O. which is the same as telling the police on the outside.

But just to clarify, police officers don't investigate crimes, detectives investigate crimes. Police officers arrest people.

But all of thats irrelevant. Rick Ross makes good music and thats all that counts.

One problem, rick ross doesnt make good music, his music is trash....no lyrics, no flow, no creativity..
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »

One problem, rick ross doesnt make good music, his music is trash....no lyrics, no flow, no creativity..

You have poor taste and therefore your opinion is irrelevant.
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    My point is that Rick Ross makes good music. He has dope beats and his flow is nice. I don't understand how somebody could ignore the music and focus on him being a C.O.

So it's not conceivable for some of these ? to have touched a few bricks in they life before rap?

In the early years when coke was popping and the money was pouring in I could see ? like 50, Raekwon, Jay-Z and a few others that rapped about it actually doing it. But they had to start in they teens that would bring us to the late 80's early 90's when they was really in the streets

How the ? was Rick Ross doing this if he was trying to play football and go to school among other things.

A lot of y'all ? don't know ? about the drug game. The one thing every real drug dealer needs is time. Hustling is very time consuming. You really gotta be in the streets to make sure your business is correct all the time.

That fat ? wasn't no boss at the time, he ain't have lieutenants and soilders tending to that business while he was trying to play ball and go to school. Foh they woulda robbed that ? blind.

Remember soilders don't respect so called generals who never fought in the trenches with them.
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why did I get flagged?

I made a thread about something I'm sincerely curious about and I get flagged.

Could the people who flagged me please explain why they flagged me?

They hate us brits. left over feelings from the revolutionary war. they know we were kickin their ? in rap battles since 1776
  • 5 Grand
    edited October 2015
    Options

So it's not conceivable for some of these ? to have touched a few bricks in they life before rap?

In the early years when coke was popping and the money was pouring in I could see ? like 50, Raekwon, Jay-Z and a few others that rapped about it actually doing it. But they had to start in they teens that would bring us to the late 80's early 90's when they was really in the streets

How the ? was Rick Ross doing this if he was trying to play football and go to school among other things.

A lot of y'all ? don't know ? about the drug game. The one thing every real drug dealer needs is time. Hustling is very time consuming. You really gotta be in the streets to make sure your business is correct all the time.

That fat ? wasn't no boss at the time, he ain't have lieutenants and soilders tending to that business while he was trying to play ball and go to school. Foh they woulda robbed that ? blind.

Remember soilders don't respect so called generals who never fought in the trenches with them.

You just emphasized the whole point of this thread; Who cares if he really sold coke?

I don't care. Thats my point, the only thing I care about is if the beats are dope and if his flow is on point.

In my T/S I quoted Ice Cube when he said he had, "a crime record like Charles Manson" and how he, "never should have been let out the penitentiary". Thats all bs. Cube didn't have a crime record and never went to jail, but nobody cared. The only thing we cared about was that the beats were dope and he could flow.

So what's changed? Back in 88 NWA was the GOAT group, a lot of people would still consider them to be GOATS.

So how come Ross is considered a "fraud"? When you think about it, all rappers are frauds. All rappers paint a picture of a life they didn't live. It would be pretty boring to hear about a rapper's real life, so they embellish and tell stories. Thats what rap is.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't and never cared about the CO ? .. not a fan of the music
  • Louis Devinear
    Options

You just emphasized the whole point of this thread; Who cares if he really sold coke?

I don't care. Thats my point, the only thing I care about is if the beats are dope and if his flow is on point.

In my T/S I quoted Ice Cube when he said he had, "a crime record like Charles Manson" and how he, "never should have been let out the penitentiary". Thats all bs. Cube didn't have a crime record and never went to jail, but nobody cared. The only thing we cared about was that the beats were dope and he could flow.

So what's changed? Back in 88 NWA was the GOAT group, a lot of people would still consider them to be GOATS.

So how come Ross is considered a "fraud"? When you think about it, all rappers are frauds. All rappers paint a picture of a life they didn't live. It would be pretty boring to hear about a rapper's real life, so they embellish and tell stories. Thats what rap is.

Idk what you took from my post but to end the discussion
    ? don't take kind to police.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Personally I don't... I just think that ? is funny.

But his rapping is mediocre and his production is GOAT - which means his music nets out "okay"
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody IRL even talk about Ross being a co

Its really an internet thing

Some folks are not around the streets/common people enuff to see that the opinions of the ic are not the opinions of the streets lol

Sometimes posters ask ? like
    "Who listens to this gargage"

And I jus be thinkin
    "The whole hood"
    "? in the street"
    "People at the club "
    "People who get high and ? a lot"