The Official The Game - ‘THE DOCUMENTARY 2′ Album Discussion Thread Disc 1 (10.9), Disc 2 (10.16)

Options

Comments

• jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and this got unstickied because?
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Just listened to the first disc, and its a solid album. Started off kinda slow (not really ? with step up, don't trip, and hashtag), but the 2nd half of the album is dope af.

Favorite tracks are:

Doc 2
    Dedicated
    On Me
    ? You Aint ?

Pretty much any song on the 2nd half of the album lol
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is ass n not even bootleg worthy
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What song were those dudes who rolled up on game in that skit playing? (2nd disk, first track)
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    Am eye the only muthafucka who thinks hashtag was ill?

Lol...Game bodied it... "Red cup full of Bet you can't ? it"

I never doubted game even during his creative downtime..Everybody has their burnout periods where creativity may nosedive for a minute...

Game blessed hip hop

Finally my G

It's not a masterpiece but I loved hashtag... Caught me off guard in a good way.
    And yeh that bar "red cup full of bet you can't ? it" for some reason stands out for me...

Anyone else think that jelly roll sounds like mr meeseeks in this track
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    ? sounded like lil jon to me
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    This ? game spazzed on "? anyway"
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Man 2.5 is amazing, definitely contender for aoty.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game shot himself in the foot with all of the features though. That will hinder him from performing the album effectively on tour.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's Brackin ? ?

Finally giving this a listen
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From Dr. Dre to Ice Cube, Eazy was always able to recognize talent. Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am consistently pays homage to Eazy, who signed his first group, The ATBANN Klann, to Ruthless Records. Although their album was never released, after Eazy’s death, will took the game he learned from his mentor and proceeded to build his own empire with B.E.P.

I never knew that Eazy was the person that basically found Will.i.am
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Size of a Kumquat.....

dsc04898.jpg[img][/img]
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    From Dr. Dre to Ice Cube, Eazy was always able to recognize talent. Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am consistently pays homage to Eazy, who signed his first group, The ATBANN Klann, to Ruthless Records. Although their album was never released, after Eazy’s death, will took the game he learned from his mentor and proceeded to build his own empire with B.E.P.

I never knew that Eazy was the person that basically found Will.i.am

Never knew that. Crazy it took an album from The Game to help me find better respect for Will.i.am. The album is Game at his best, you can tell he put his heart & soul into this as compared to his last few albums. Reminds me of Rae and OB4CL2. He had some dissapointing albums for years before he buckled down and put that out. Made Jays Blueprint 3 look more ass by comparison (they dropped the same day).
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just giving disc 1 a spin.. Couple songs in.. This ? sounds great.. Be back later with my thoughts..
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    every song i heard i liked.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great double album, Game really put effort into this.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    ...on first listen, this is a pretty good album. There's a great album in there, if you, ya know, do what you should do with 90% of double disc albums and chop it down to 1 disc of the best songs. Eventually I'll probably take the best 12 to 15 songs and just bump that....

And here it is. My revised album with just my favorites that I've been playing.

1.On me
    2.Step up
    3.Don't trip
    4.Dollar and a dream
    5.Made in America
    6.LA
    7. Crenshaw/808s and coke
    8.Gang bang anyway
    9.The Ghetto
    10.Adam
    11.Outside
    12.Up on the wall
    13.My flag
    14.Moment of Violence
    15.Life

Not saying the songs I left off are wack, the whole thing is listenable. But it's better this way. I don't need 20 more decent Game songs. This bangs start to finish.
  • J.J._Evans
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ...on first listen, this is a pretty good album. There's a great album in there, if you, ya know, do what you should do with 90% of double disc albums and chop it down to 1 disc of the best songs. Eventually I'll probably take the best 12 to 15 songs and just bump that....

1.On me
    2.Step up
    3.Don't trip
    4.Dollar and a dream
    5.Made in America
    6.LA
    8.Gang bang anyway
    9.The Ghetto
    10.Adam
    11.Outside
    12.Up on the wall
    13.My flag
    14.Moment of Violence
    15.Life

Not saying the songs I left off are wack, the whole thing is listenable. But it's better this way. I don't need 20 more decent Game songs. This bangs start to finish.

If I had to do 15, mine would be.............

1. On me
    2. 100
    3. Magnus Carlsen
    4. Life
    5. Gang Related
    6. Dollar And A Dream
    7. Step Up
    8. The Ghetto
    9. From Adam
    10. Don't Trip
    11. Last Time You Seen
    12. Mula
    13. ? You Ain't ?
    14. Standing On Ferraris
    15. El Chapo

I could easily add 5 or 6 more.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

1.On me
    2.Step up
    3.Don't trip
    4.Dollar and a dream
    5.Made in America
    6.LA
    8.Gang bang anyway
    9.The Ghetto
    10.Adam
    11.Outside
    12.Up on the wall
    13.My flag
    14.Moment of Violence
    15.Life

If I had to do 15, mine would be.............

1. On me
    2. 100
    3. Magnus Carlsen
    4. Life
    5. Gang Related
    6. Dollar And A Dream
    7. Step Up
    8. The Ghetto
    9. From Adam
    10. Don't Trip
    11. Last Time You Seen
    12. Mula
    13. ? You Ain't ?
    14. Standing On Ferraris
    15. El Chapo

I could easily add 5 or 6 more.

I wasn't restricting myself to 15 by the way, I just went through and took the ones I really ? with and it just so happens to be exactly what I thought it was gonna be. One disc of material.
  • a-grave247
    a-grave247 Members Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    did dre only produce the title track with premo??? and I thought Just Blaze was producing on this. Great 2 disc album though
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    Hip Hop Star The Game Charts Two Top 5 Albums in Two Weeks

Compton rapper The Game breaks records today as both of his new albums, The Documentary 2 (release date Oct. 9) and The Documentary 2.5 (release date Oct. 16) debuted Top 5 on the Billboard Current Albums Charts, making him the first artist to release two consecutive Top 5 charting albums in two weeks. Both albums are currently Top 10 on that chart, and Top 5 on the Independent Chart this week. The Documentary 2 and The Documentary 2.5 were released via Blood Money/Fifth Amendment/Entertainment One Music.

The Documentary 2 sold over 83,000 in sales and over 95,000 in sales + streaming, in its first week of release, debuting at #2 on the Billboard Top 200 and Billboard Top Albums charts. The album also debuted #1 Indie and #1 R+B/Hip Hop.

The Documentary 2.5 was released the following week, selling over 41,000 albums and about 48,000 in sales + streaming.

The Game enlisted hip-hop royalty for The Documentary 2 including Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, Drake, Future, Q-Tip, will.i.am, Fergie, Mike Will, Diddy, Cool and Dre, DJ Premier among others. Inspired by the legendary Notorious B.I.G and Tupac Shakur, Game decided to keep recording and surprise his fans with a second disc. So of course, Game’s second installment The Documentary 2.5 followed suit with yet another impressive all-star list of featured artists, including Nas, will.i.am, Lil Wayne, YG, DJ Quik, Busta Rhymes, Scarface, Schoolboy Q, Ty Dolla $ign among many others.

All together, it seems that he has sold a total around 200,000. Not bad at all.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo man this ? is solid. Game gave us a hec of a project.. West Coast music that has influences all over the map...
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options