Pharell bluured lines deposition(lawyers going in)

Options
Max.
Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy

Comments

• A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't watch.

*Gives feelings, just cause.*
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Damn, it hurt watching Pharrell get pressed about being able to read music. It's not a necessity by any means when it comes to music creation but no artist, accomplished or otherwise, deserves to be asked a bunch of condescending questions about their creative process like that. Especially by a sleaze ball lawyer.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Damn, it hurt watching Pharrell get pressed about being able to read music. It's not a necessity by any means when it comes to music creation but no artist, accomplished or otherwise, deserves to be asked a bunch of condescending questions about their creative process like that. Especially by a sleaze ball lawyer.

Yeah for real I stopped watchin' when I realised what was happenin'. Pharrell a GOAT and I respect him too highly to sit through that. ? ' law man
  • Jungz
    Jungz Members Posts: 991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pharell my ? I hate it had to be hiiiiim...

I cant wait for the Jay Z deposition tapes to leak though.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How are these released to public tho
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Generally, only the attorney's and the parties have access to the actual depositions. The fact that the depositions were filed, is a matter of public record, but the actual depositions themselves may not be. They can be released by a party for publication, and they can be ordered to be released by a Judge. A deposition may be taken and not transcribed until requested. If it is requested to be transcribed it won't be released until the person giving the deposition has either waived review of the transcript or reviewed the transcript and signed off with no objections.

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I was pharrell I would of been condescending to the lawyer like "I'm above your paygrade!".
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    I'm not comfortable
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Silk and rayon are two different things they just feel the same"
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't watch the vid cuz ? that but pharell played in the marching band he should be able to read music
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

I didn't watch all the videos, but what I saw was his own fault. He could have deaded all those questions by simply saying that he's not formally trained in music and doesn't know a lot of the formal terminology. The stupid evasive answers he was giving are what led to him being grilled. The lawyer wasn't asking sleazy questions. It's a case about whether or not Pharell stole someone else's work. If he's saying he didn't, it's completely fair for someone to ask him about his ability to make music. You can't fault the lawyer for doing his job.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They tried to ? my dude man. I love the way Pharrell handled this lol. Dude is a legend and they're treating him like he some random dude off the streets. Where are the depositions of them white folds who were stealing black music back in the day?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i am sure this lawyer knows all areas of law...cuz you must know everything about your profession
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pharrell trollin.

I think Chad can play several instruments and they both were in the marching band together. If not for that I'm sure he picked up some knowledge through the years.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pharrell trollin.

I think Chad can play several instruments and they both were in the marching band together. If not for that I'm sure he picked up some knowledge through the years.

20+ years deep he must have. I only play about with Fruity and I've learnt so much about music. Completely changed the way I hear music so someone ad renowned and versatile as Pharrell must have picked a lotta ? up
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol he said he knows EGBDF and FACE, the lawyer has no idea what he's asking P

Lil Wayne
    Tupac
    Justin Beiber

If yall haven't seen those depositions check them out