Rick Ross arrested for suspicion of selling drugs

Options
Avenue Crazy
Avenue Crazy Members Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Avenue Crazy
    Avenue Crazy Members Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freeway Ricky Ross, 55, the former Los Angeles kingpin that ruled the country at the height of the ? ? epidemic, was arrested last week on suspicion of possessing drug money, the New York Daily News report.
    According to the News, Ross was in possession of over $100,000 at the time of his arrest in the Emerald Triangle, “a region in northwestern California famous for legal and underground marijuana production.”
    The Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office cited an ongoing investigation but offered no further details.
    Read more from the New York Daily News:
    Ross — not to be confused with the gangsta rapper who took his real name as a stage name (and then got sued in a dismissed case) — was one of the most notorious drug runners of the 20th century, setting up a nationwide empire based in Los Angeles at the height of the nation’s ? epidemic in the ‘80s.
    He controlled thousands of employees and earned more than $600 million before getting convicted in 1996 for selling ? to a police informant.
    After his release in 2009, he went on speaking tours detailing his drug dealing days, and told his story in the 2014 memoir “Freeway Rick Ross: The Untold Autobiography” and the 2015 documentary “Freeway: ? in the System.”
    Ross is also heavy on the social media scene. It remains to be seen whether this arrest has any merit or if he’s being targeted for his past life.
    Read more at the NY Daily News.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Why didn't you post the story in the OP along with the link?

2. The title should make it clear that this thread is not about the rapper Rick Ross.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dam I met fam he still hustling
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Why didn't you post the story in the OP along with the link?

2. The title should make it clear that this thread is not about the rapper Rick Ross.

1. I'm on mobile I can only copy and paste one thing at a time. When I post the story and went back to post the link the whole thread disappeared.

2.I think whenever you talking about the rapper Rick Ross you should make it clear you not talking about the real Rick Ross.

3. Don't you ever make me explain myself about such unimportant ? like you my ? .

Yea making threads on mobile is garbage. Site needs to adjust that somehow.

Ross shoulda knew better than go back to the game.

100k in cash on him plus feds prolly been watchin him since he got out
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm glad that wack ass ? got locked up. Hopefully that stops him from putting out trash music

Freeway rick, not officer rick
  • Young Stef
    Young Stef Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess he pushed it to the limit deeper than rap.
  • dee.i.pee
    dee.i.pee Members Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i bet 50 had something to do with this, he been trying to set up Rozay
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't know it was illegal to have $. ? charge.....I can understand him being brought in for questioning due to his past. Possession is a valid suspicion but definitely not enough to warrant an arrest. He needs to sue the ? out of them.
  • felliwonda
    felliwonda Members Posts: 416 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm glad that wack ass ? got locked up. Hopefully that stops him from putting out trash music
    Bruh lmfao.
  • felliwonda
    Options
    I didn't know it was illegal to have $. ? charge.....I can understand him being brought in for questioning due to his past. Possession is a valid suspicion but definitely not enough to warrant an arrest. He needs to sue the ? out of them.
    I hear you man but think about it who walks around with $100,000. It sucks but like jeezy said DONT GET CAUGHT. Plus like @TheGOAT said he was probably been watched by Feds he an ex-con
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's not. It sounds like civil forfeiture. A lot of people don't know that cops can walk up on you and take your money from you without cause. All they need is suspicion, which is a very broad and loose standard, to take people's money. It's ? up because many people don't fight to get it back because they would have to hire a lawyer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6MT_YLO5yg
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    felliwonda wrote: »
    I hear you man but think about it who walks around with $100,000. It sucks but like jeezy said DONT GET CAUGHT. Plus like @TheGOAT said he was probably been watched by Feds he an ex-con

A lot ppl walk around with $100k. He didn't get caught. He may be still hustling but they didn't catch him hustling.
    JokerzWyld wrote: »

It's not. It sounds like civil forfeiture. A lot of people don't know that cops can walk up on you and take your money from you without cause. All they need is suspicion, which is a very broad and loose standard, to take people's money. It's ? up because many people don't fight to get it back because they would have to hire a lawyer.

They can take you $$, I've seen it happen. They didn't do any arrest because there was no proof though.
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A lot ppl walk around with $100k. He didn't get caught. He may be still hustling but they didn't catch him hustling.

They can take you $$, I've seen it happen. They didn't do any arrest because there was no proof though.

I've seen it happen too...and good luck getting all back especially if you can't prove where it came from
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've seen it happen too...and good luck getting all back especially if you can't prove where it came from

Which is stupid. The burden of proof is on he accuser in this country. It should not be the responsibility of the accused to prove their property's innocence.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #hustlerslivesmatter
  • felliwonda
    Options

I see you I see you I didn't know that so it would be weird for me to see people walking around with that kind of money... But w/e hopefully he get his money back or at least as much as possible I sure would hate to lose any of it
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No sympathy for him. He pushed ? all through our communities. Destroyed a huge percentage of black families that still haven't recovered to this day.