Options
goldenja
goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in The Reason
fu6gzn.jpg

2upqomb.jpg

2n9jkbb.jpg

5o5ybp.jpg

I still don't know.. Which one would ya'll pick?

Life is Good Vs. The Black album 96 votes

Life is Good
46%
kingofkingzbuttuh_bsupergangsterdeakinoyoungnickmurdapdwade206sapp08_2001nawledge_godgiftedchompolletscrapper1DetroitPlayaanillerthekidTHE_R_qawshuncoltongman82Stewnyst8ofmin 45 votes
The Black Album
53%
dalyricalbanditsouthsil4lil[Deleted User]texas4095th Letterleftcoastkevblataliandouble0sugewater ur seedsmryounggunMoore7sIceBergTaylorMr.LVL.O.S.T.IbexCeLLaR-DooRAlready Home_17NothingButTheTruthLike WaterPervis 51 votes

Comments

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Black Album
    the black album, even though it's pretty much a commercial album

life is good just didn't do it for me, I was super pumped for it and I only like a few songs....saw nas live right around when it came out and figured the show would get me to really get into life is a good but I just can't
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Life is Good
    bck145 wrote: »

life is good just didn't do it for me, I was super pumped for it and I only like a few songs....saw nas live right around when it came out and figured the show would get me to really get into life is a good but I just can't

you cant do ? you are pretty much ignored right now ? idiot i cant stand ur ? u are a idiot.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Black Album
    I enjoyed the black album more. Not the original, but the Kno and Danger Mouse remix's were dope as ? and made me appreciate it much more. Life is good was alright, liked maybe half or a third of the album.
  • youngnick
    youngnick Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Life is Good
    I think the Black Album is pretty overrated lyrically (like much of Jay's albums). The production is fire but a lot of the songs get overshadowed by the mediocre raps. Still a solid album, but LIG is a 3.9/5 while black Album is a 3.5/5
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Life is Good
    The only reason I'm voting for Life Is Good is because it gets unnecessary hate.

The Black album is a mighty fine album and has aged well. I still bump Dirt Off Your Shoulder and Encore.

We'll see how Life Is Good ages.

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    The Black Album
    I like The Black Album slightly more. Life Is Good was dope in its own right.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Black Album
    Love both albums. But sometimes I think that the black album is Jay's second best album - in a discography filled with a lot of amazing albums. Gotta go with that one.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Black Album
    bck145 wrote: »

you cant do ? you are pretty much ignored right now ? idiot i cant stand ur ? u are a idiot.

take your meds lil boy
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Black Album
    LIG over BA??? Gotta love the reason smh
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Life is Good
    At first I thought The Black Album was a good not great album but over time it grew on me and it's one of Jays top 5 to me. HOWEVER, Life is Good was and is a great album from day one. I love them both, but Life is Good just edges it out.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Life is Good
    Black Album and Reasonabke Doubt are Jay's most overrated album. BP2 was the last album Jay showcased incredible rap skills. It's been downhill ever since. It's very noticeable in his flow on this album compared to the previous effort. Life Is Good is flames.
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Black Album
    ic is the only place where ive heard people not describe black album as an amazing body of work.

good thread but black album was flames. it's up there with jay's best work imo
  • Moore7s
    Moore7s Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Black Album
    Easy choice
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Life is Good
    Never looked at The Black Album as a classic and I hated that fake ass retirement. These songs are trash to me

What more can i say
    Change Clothes
    Encore
    Lucifer
    Justify My Thug
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Black Album
    Despite being a advocate for Life Is Good being a classic album in the IC classic or not thread, I came to my senses that its a solid album. But LIG is better than the Black Album? If LIG was going against BP2, Kingdom Come Kingdom Done, or BP3 maybe but The Black Album?

20tikjq.gif
  • youngnick
    youngnick Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Life is Good
    Cybertr0n wrote: »
    Never looked at The Black Album as a classic and I hated that fake ass retirement. These songs are trash to me

What more can i say
    Change Clothes
    Encore
    Lucifer
    Justify My Thug

Justify My Thug is one of Jay's worst IMO
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Life is Good
    Jay don't know how to rap on Dj Quik beats.. It's a shame. Pretty much show that Jay ain't the chosen one.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Life is Good
    Jay shouldve retired after the black album instead of a Michael Jordan comeback he came back to the rap game more like Michael Vick
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Life is Good
    murdap wrote: »
    Jay shouldve retired after the black album instead of a Michael Jordan comeback he came back to the rap game more like Michael Vick

or Tim Tebow
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Life is Good
    Tim Tebow when he played with the Patriots.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Life is Good
    Never thought THAT highly of TBA but it is a good album. LIG is better imo.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Life is Good
    Sion wrote: »
    This thread has platinum potential

lol.