Street Fighter V dropping exclusively on PS4 & PC

Options

Comments

• Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    even though Capcom stay messing my boy over i been rocking with Ryu since day one
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ill get no-signed but Ken been my day 1 ? straight up. I can use Ryu I prefer ken overall. I like rocking Evil Ryu more than reg Ryu
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    Ill get no-signed but Ken been my day 1 ? straight up. I can use Ryu I prefer ken overall. I like rocking Evil Ryu more than reg Ryu

You won't get nosigned for that. Lots of people like Ken more than Ryu, especially since he's more flashy.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »

You won't get nosigned for that. Lots of people like Ken more than Ryu, especially since he's more flashy.

word...I always think everybody always favored Ryu over Ken.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This game has way less defensive options than sf4

No invicible backdash, dps aint as good etc

Theres also a lot less ways to open up offense but i guess everything does a ton of damage in this game to make up for it
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Oh and crouch tech from sf4 is completely gone, if you do it in this game you get bodied hard lmao
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rashid is a well designed character. I really like how they're pushing the envelope with new mechanics like his small tornado and v trigger speeding up his flying moves.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Yea i had the most fun with rashid
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Yeah, I played Rashid a little yesterday. He's pretty fun. I'll try him more today.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Lol ? i forgot he even had a parry, aint it mp mk and forward?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Lol ? i forgot he even had a parry, aint it mp mk and forward?

Just mp+mk, it's his V Skill.
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Well the beta over now i think
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I think it might have went down for maintenance last night. I haven't checked it today though.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Dhalsim

https://youtu.be/Syn4MfYnwjI

Looks cool. I'll try him.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Street Fighter V Release Date, Dhalsim and Post Launch Character Plans Revealed!

Tuesday, October 27, 2015, 12:19 PM [General]

Hey everyone, there was quite a bit of info just announced at Paris Games Week. First, Street Fighter V has a confirmed release date of February 16 in North America and Europe! So mark your calendars as we count down the days towards launch.

Also, we have just announced that we’re releasing six additional characters post-launch in 2016. As mentioned previously, all post-launch gameplay related content will be earnable with Fight Money, and we have revealed the first details on how players will be able to earn Fight Money when the game comes out. And last but not least, we have confirmed that Dhalsim will be joining the initial roster as the first true zoning character in the game.

Post Launch Character Details:

In case you haven’t heard, Street Fighter V is moving away from doing large bundles of post launch content, such as our prior Super or Ultra upgrades, and instead will be continuously releasing new post launch content on a regular basis. No longer will you need to wait one or two years for new Street Fighter goodness; it will always be right around the corner.

We have confirmed that we will be releasing 6 new characters post-launch in 2016, which will bring the total roster up to 22 characters by the beginning of 2017. On average, we will release one new character every two months, provided everything stays on track with our development schedule. More specifics will be shared when our post-launch plans are confirmed.

Now, the next question you probably have is… how hard is it to get these characters for FREE?

Fight Money Details:

The purpose of the Fight Money system is to reward players who stay engaged with Street Fighter V over time. While we are still finalizing details on pricing and Fight Money accumulation rates, which will be refined throughout our future beta tests, we are excited to share some details on how we are approaching the new system.

There will be two primary methods for players to gain Fight Money: completing daily goals, and leveling up individual characters.

Daily Goals:

Each day a player logs into the Street Fighter V client, they will be assigned a new daily goal. Daily goals should be easily achievable in in one play session, and will award Fight Money based on their difficulty.

Some example goals are as follows:

- Land X number of Hadokens

- Land X number of anti-air attacks

- Land X number crush-counter hits

Daily goals will help players improve with a variety of characters. It will also ensure that players with a limited amount of time to play per day can still earn characters for free. We want a system that rewards frequency of play, rather than requiring long marathon grinding sessions.

Leveling Individual Characters:

Another goal that we have for the Fight Money system is to ensure that players can still earn Fight Money through both single player and multiplayer modes. We accomplish this by allowing players to earn Fight Money by leveling up individual characters in a variety of modes.

To remove any confusion up front, leveling up a character in Street Fighter V will not affect game balance. It only shows how much time and effort an individual has placed into learning a character.

Each time a player levels up a character, they will receive a Fight Money bonus. Earlier levels will be easy to obtain, and will scale to become more difficult the higher the level.

Street Fighter V will reward players who experiment with a wide variety of characters, and those who play frequently. If you complete your daily goals and level up your characters on a regular basis, you’ll be on your way to earning new characters with ease!

For those who just can’t wait to earn each piece of new content, content can also be purchased instantly using our premium currency, named Zenny, which can be bought with real money.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fight money shouldnt be an issue for me for the amount of time i put into sf4-usf4, i couldve bought all the characters first day
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Damn Sim looks dope, hate fighting against him but he is fun as hell to play with
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    And yea earning dlc characters will he no problem if i put half as many hours into this as i did sf4
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shouldve been pretty obvious by now... but this is the best approximation for the new characters to be coming DLC wise.
    J7qJN6b.jpg
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »
    Shouldve been pretty obvious by now... but this is the best approximation for the new characters to be coming DLC wise.
    J7qJN6b.jpg

Based on the Beta datamining, the third character is Urien and the fourth is Ibuki.

I'm hyped for the game, but a little annoyed Akuma probably won't be in the entire first year the game is out.
  • thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant find any Street Fighter 5 feilong vids.
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish they made all the characters look different.
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant find any Street Fighter 5 feilong vids.

That because he's not in it.