Jay-Z Almost Ended 2 pac's Career: DJ Clark Kent Reveals Jay-Z Recorded A 2Pac Diss

Options

Comments

• gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Lol @ j destroying pac n 96.... Smh I think people 4get that makaveli had Brooklyn ? (the boot camp click) n 96 riding wit him on big & bad boy......j would've got knocked off n his own backyard n NY tryna ? wit makaveli the don of rap n 96 that deathroweast movement would've crushed rocafella
    http://youtu.be/N2Uf1DTlcOA
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    Lol @ j destroying pac n 96.... Smh I think people 4get that makaveli had Brooklyn ? (the boot camp click) n 96 riding wit him on big & bad boy......j would've got knocked off n his own backyard n NY tryna ? wit makaveli the don of rap n 96 that deathroweast movement would've crushed rocafella
    http://youtu.be/N2Uf1DTlcOA

Didn't big get strang beat up ?
  • gee757
    edited October 2015
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    Didn't big get strang beat up ?

"I caught 2 or 3 sstitchs.....I was still gettin bitchs..n the tunnel taking pictures" -strang

http://youtu.be/vu0Aly8BB30

Yes big got him jumped after the no fear video....but I still stand by 2pac & BCC would've crushed big & j n 96... http://youtu.be/CqVD5SCP-aw
    http://youtu.be/IA_IXLcZUc4
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    This thread was hilarious
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac was ? teir back then

Nothing could hurt him in music.
  • gee757
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Lol at this woulda coulda ? . Jay coulda/woulda did this and PAC woulda/could did that lmao at this maybe ? FOH.

None of it happen not a ? thing.

Nah pac having Brooklyn ? riding wit em on big & bad boy happened tho...o yeah & im hatin ? ya panthers 2 lol...
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Back in 96 I knew J had bars but the slow beat samples, black n white pics and videos, I just couldn't dig the old timey mobster style he had even though the Mafioso style was in, I just couldn't rock with his style. Technically speaking J might have been better than Pac and Big but he didn't have near the character that Pac had and didn't have the flavor Big had either. it seems like it took J a while to become comfortable enough to be who we see today. Early on he was still talented but swaggerless.
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    More like camel almost got what litle career he had as biggies sidekick and weed handler ended.
  • gee757
    Options
    More like camel almost got what litle career he had as biggies sidekick and weed handler ended.

Tru....the only person/rapper that couldve destroyed 2pac n 96 was 2pac himself..
  • Javon803
    Javon803 Members Posts: 113 ✭✭
    Options
    optimistic wrote: »
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    Til this day Jay-Z still gets flack becuz of 2pac. I known alotta people over the years (growing up anyways) who didn't even get into Mobb Deep, Jay-Z, and Biggie until later on. I'm not just talking about my peers either

Pac weakened the East Coast. If you don't know that then you weren't there and you shouldn't be giving your opinion. Everything wasn't all good for those guys like history nowadays would like you to believe.

? really was that serious

I was there. No he didn't, Pac didn't hurt ?
    Pac made people a bit more anti NY and he made tons of delusional fans but people on the streets of New York always knew what was up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14AdGkel_G8

Fixed for you
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    I just dont see the big deal about that album

None of the flags and nosigns gonna change those songs into heaters. ? got Blueprint, American Gangster, and the Black Album and people choose to force RD down ? subconscious. Smh

anything jay did after tha black album was gargbe
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is this thread still going....
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THAT SKINNY ? ON THE BOAT?
    THE ? OUTTA HERE...
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He wouldn’t of ended Pac's career, but I bet that song was ill...Reasonable Doubt era Jay was nice with the lyrics.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AfrikQueen wrote: »
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    AfrikQueen wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Revisionist history like a muthafucka SMMFH. First off Jay-Z was NOT a big artist in 96, he was lower tier at that point. He could have dropped a diss and it would have fallen on deaf ears behind the Chino XL, Lil Kim, Mobb Deep, Ryan G, and other wack ass disses (shoot me Jayhova Witnesses, yall prolly wasn't even old enough to know what was going on at the time Pac was HUGE). Jay couldn't even ? NaS' career on wax so FOH about him killing Pac's career.

Pac was big, but he wasn't that big, their were rap acts like the Fugees who Pac went at who were extremely bigger than Pac was. Pac was bigger in his death than he was alive.

This mentality is what killed hip hop. If by being more well known and accepted by a larger cross audience is what you mean by the fugees being bigger than pac you are right. But to imply that in any way, shape or form that fugees individually or collectively were better than pac ur crazy.

I respect what the fugees bought to game and i know you cant really compare the 2 but with that said you are out of ur mind if you think they were seeing pac.

Thats like comparing kenny g to john Coltrane. Kenny has his lane but its beyond ridiculous to claim that he is better b/c he has a larger cross over following. Chasing pop crossover success is what took us from pac to souljah boy. Fohwtbs

Who said anything about the Fugees being better? I said the Fugees were bigger Hip-Hop stars within a mainstream paradigm at that time, in which they were. What killed Hip-hop is that beef ? (which pac was heavily apart of), commercialization, and its obsession with materialism (? today are still rapping about that same ? they rapped about in 98). And if you want to talk about music, Pac may have released classic songs, but classic all around albums? Never.

In '96 Hip-Hop publications were already saying Hip-Hop was dying due to its new found obsession with materialism that was being projected in the mainstream within the culture, where many at the time felt the Fugees and the Roots was saving the culture (even though classic hip-hop was still being released).

Go search through some of the old Hip-Hop magazines that were released at the time, and get the true opinion of how ? actually was.

I understand what you trying to say, but it does not apply in this situation. Tupac and fugees both made music for the culture and communities they from, not crossover success

Exactly, and thats my point! All I'm trying to say is that even though Pac was big at the time, their were Hip-Hop acts that were even bigger than him such as the Fugees.

Fugee's got 1 classic and Lauren Hill got 1. Pac got multiple classics. There's no comparison.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody upped this?

I thought it was common knowlege by now that the only career Jay ever put a dent in is mobb deep's
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have to lmaooooo every time I read the thread title...SMFH
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    26 pages im on ten.... I cant do it
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    killing him on wax ≠ stopping his industry momentum

Folk

you stated this, but who is hearing this record??

When you got a ? doing 5 million in 2 months off 2 videos..and I'm not even counting how he's all on your TV screen and radio..Who is really checking for an unknown ? that's making a diss record that most have never heard of??

? down south hadn't even heard of Jay-Z in 96 to be real about the whole situation..

and only Queens ? heard of 50 Cent when he dropped "Your life's on the line"...
    Only South Bronx ? heard of KRS when he dropped the Bridge is Over...
    etc etc

there is the culture and there is the industry...

A lot of people are rap fans morseo hip-hop fans @Brother_Five so the culture is not taken as serious

Big brother Cain, you was around at that time...folk you should know that if a ? wasn't on 2pac's platform..or in some type of light, a diss record aim'd at him was falling on deaf ears...
    The only, only person at that time that could have made a little noise would have been Biggie himself or Mobb Deep, Nas etc..those who were 'known', none of them D lister ass rappers would have made any noise..

Lol Cube could've went at Pac(not saying they had beef or he would have) and shut him down. Cube had more fans and was selling as well. Big could've went at Pac but Puff shut that down. Nas like you said could've went at dude as well but they handled their business. Wutang as well but they squashed their little beef too.

Pac had the Deathrow machine behind him. ? moreso feared Suge than Pac. We're not going to act like rapper's wasn't selling when Pac popped on the scene. Him going to jail and going at cops made him (in)famous. That made ? care about his music more. To say he was a lyrical killer on the mic was

Oh and 95% of the ? on this board never listened to a Pac album before MATW so I don't respect their opinions.

@Knock_Twice

Im just catchin wind of this thread and there's 500 new, but damn this ? @cain the worst rap OG ever . You stripped to little ? status on music

What Pac detractors dont realize ---mostly bc they werent old enough, i have no idea this ? 's excuse- -- is it was UNHEARD OF for a top rapper, THE top rapper, to be so AGGRESSIVE on the mic

So In 2016 its so easy, and comical, to say 'Man Hit Em up was just a bunch of yellin'. Its comical. But at-that-time that was lyrical murder. Rightfully so. I was old enough to remember that, and you wasnt, hip hop wasnt, nobody was that sophisticated or bougie to be on some 'oh thats cool, but watch how i lay down these bars and REEEAALLLY get him'.
    Get the ? outta here

Drop a Gem is a perfect example bc in hindsight yea,it was dope, and in whatever bubble yall wanna opeeate from it "killed Pac", but my ? most mfers never even HEARD that song at the time . That was a blip on the radar

So stop loking at 1996 ? thru 2016 lens. Due to Pacs energry he was untouchable rapwise.

Theres a reason Big's only direct undebateable, acknowledged shot at Pac was 'get it, 2....Pacs "

lebron-james-drake.jpg

Bc of that tenacity and relentleness and fame no one wanted to or could ? with that guy directly.
  • lethal5
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Folk

When you got a ? doing 5 million in 2 months off 2 videos..and I'm not even counting how he's all on your TV screen and radio..Who is really checking for an unknown ? that's making a diss record that most have never heard of??

? down south hadn't even heard of Jay-Z in 96 to be real about the whole situation..

etc etc

A lot of people are rap fans morseo hip-hop fans @Brother_Five so the culture is not taken as serious

Big brother Cain, you was around at that time...folk you should know that if a ? wasn't on 2pac's platform..or in some type of light, a diss record aim'd at him was falling on deaf ears...
    The only, only person at that time that could have made a little noise would have been Biggie himself or Mobb Deep, Nas etc..those who were 'known', none of them D lister ass rappers would have made any noise..

Lol Cube could've went at Pac(not saying they had beef or he would have) and shut him down. Cube had more fans and was selling as well. Big could've went at Pac but Puff shut that down. Nas like you said could've went at dude as well but they handled their business. Wutang as well but they squashed their little beef too.

Pac had the Deathrow machine behind him. ? moreso feared Suge than Pac. We're not going to act like rapper's wasn't selling when Pac popped on the scene. Him going to jail and going at cops made him (in)famous. That made ? care about his music more. To say he was a lyrical killer on the mic was

Oh and 95% of the ? on this board never listened to a Pac album before MATW so I don't respect their opinions.

@Knock_Twice

Im just catchin wind of this thread and there's 500 new, but damn this ? @cain the worst rap OG ever . You stripped to little ? status on music

What Pac detractors dont realize ---mostly bc they werent old enough, i have no idea this ? 's excuse- -- is it was UNHEARD OF for a top rapper, THE top rapper, to be so AGGRESSIVE on the mic

So In 2016 its so easy, and comical, to say 'Man Hit Em up was just a bunch of yellin'. Its comical. But at-that-time that was lyrical murder. Rightfully so. I was old enough to remember that, and you wasnt, hip hop wasnt, nobody was that sophisticated or bougie to be on some 'oh thats cool, but watch how i lay down these bars and REEEAALLLY get him'.
    Get the ? outta here

Drop a Gem is a perfect example bc in hindsight yea,it was dope, and in whatever bubble yall wanna opeeate from it "killed Pac", but my ? most mfers never even HEARD that song at the time . That was a blip on the radar

So stop loking at 1996 ? thru 2016 lens. Due to Pacs energry he was untouchable rapwise.

Theres a reason Big's only direct undebateable, acknowledged shot at Pac was 'get it, 2....Pacs "

lebron-james-drake.jpg

Bc of that tenacity and relentleness and fame no one wanted to or could ? with that guy directly.

That post was beyond ? .

Get help ?
  • S2J
    edited April 2016
    Options
    And lets adress the thought that Wu Tang or Cube woulda got himl

First, Wu Tang. When has Wu Tang ever engaged in mainstream rap beef. Not street ? , but rap. Ok, so thats one.

2, Who in the Wu? A group song with all the ? on it? Yea thats likely. So then it goes back to you had to be HEAVY to box vs Pac. So eho was the only individual star on Wu? ?

So Method Man was gon do enough to 'body' Pac, lyrically and perception wise? Yea ok

Cube. By 1996 Cube already did Friday and Higher Learning in 95. ...and Tresspass and other ? ---By 1996 Cube was already a actor 1st and rapper 2nd. Again, thru 1996 lens, not 2016 lens, Cube was already viewed as 'oh, ok, hes not a rapper anymore he doin movies and that lil weird Westside Connection ? ' . And , again, this is looking at perception and fame and youthful energy and how things worked in 1995-96. Street cred mattered. Cube handed that over. Cube was retired

AND with Friday so recent and everyone's favorite movie, that wasnt Ice Cube that was CRAIG. Craig wasnt bodying locked up, spitting in cameras, hothead, death row Pac

Biggie was literally the only dude big enough to box. And he didnt want it
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you wasn't there in 96 please don't comment on this topic.

Speaking from a NYC standpoint Jay was not ending pac career. Jay diss would have made a little noise NY wise but that's as far as it went. To be honest NYC ? and emcees used to ignore that ? Pac. aside from keep ha head up and I get around, musically that ? was trash compared to the ? that was popping in 94-96.

To be quite frank, New York City dgaf about pac. I can't speak for the rest of the nation only where I grew up. To me when pac started dissing big and everyone else, to me, it felt like that empowered other cities and regions that didn't like NYC music or people to side with pac and voice their opinion on some ? they hardly know anything about.

Pac did a lot of ? . Made a lot of enemies. Dissed a lot of ? on records and died early. A lot of ? didn't get the chance to respond, some didn't even bother. Not cause they was shook, some of y'all might not believe this but, people in NYC dgaf about pac.

That ? took that bishop and birdie role and ran with it. ? pac knew the business, knew controversy sold. And that's what he did he sold controversy.
  • Antwuan89
    Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »
    And I love big L but yes hammer is better , he brought his whole hood on tour and paid them, literally

Big L is way better than MC Hammer.
  • S2J
    edited April 2016
    Options

Folk

etc etc

@Knock_Twice

Get the ? outta here

lebron-james-drake.jpg

Stop reading at the bold only line ? remember from Hit em Up is the opening bar and to say otherwise you're lying your monkey ass off ...Lol go home you're ? .

You biased man, just admit it!

Just like if you listen to Bridge is Over in 2016 you cant capture fully how potent it was then, you cant sit here as an adult, knowing that he ended up gettin killed behind all this, and say NOW that it was light. You really lose all credibility with that
  • lethal5
    Options

Folk

etc etc

@Knock_Twice

Get the ? outta here

lebron-james-drake.jpg

Stop reading at the bold only line ? remember from Hit em Up is the opening bar and to say otherwise you're lying your monkey ass off ...Lol go home you're ? .

That what I always say...

Whats Hit em up? A decent pac verse, then some subpar verses from Outlaw members who I couldnt name to save my life.