Kendrick Lamar - "To ? a Butterfly"

Options

Comments

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    I have DS2 on my playlist, about 9 songs from it. Ima college student in GA. I get it, hoes and ? want something they can bang in the whip or dance too. But its moderation to me. I can honestly say when I hear ? hum and rap Young thug- Best friend or that Blase song ( which I like) all the damn time it makes me questioned some things about them.

People don't wanna admit this, but MUSIC plays a key factor to the subconscious. Hoes wanna twerk to 808s and claps. ? wanna hustle/fight to 808/snare rolls and high hats. And we are not even talking about the subject matter yet.

If that's the MAIN CONSUMPTION a listener is taking in, their subconsciously exposed to false and wicked reality. Where that trap ? is actually cool and being strung on drugs is the norm.

That ? is not cool brother, I aint saying its bad music (some of it is ? music) but ALL the damn time (from am-pm) of trap/Turnt/dance music is NOT good for a person. I can bang Stick talk by future and then play Autumn Leaves by Chet Baker. But just being endulged in that heavy trap ? is NOT good for any functioning folk. ? will dumb you down real talk.

People really underestimate the power of music. It's a reason why its been implmented historically throughout time. Look across the world and see what it does to people. ? in Australia never seen a bando in Atlanta, yet they wanna be a "? ".

Y'all have to stop being ignorant to the fact of how powerful music can be. That's why soulful music (blues, jazz, rnb, gospel,etc.) Saved black folk from their oppressors.

Now what we have left?

Cosizzy

I barely consider myself a Christian. Only because its a tradition my family is heavily I fluenced by. Some days I slap Mary Mary or Yolanda Adams for a good portion of the day. Even in the whip. Music is a heavy influence on your emotions and actions. Even when it's not playing. I wonder all the time how many ? got put in ? up positions because of Lil Jon. I can't bump that ignorant ? like I used to. Not knocking anybody that does. I'm just speaking on my perspective.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    This album is not a classic(folks call EVERYTHING a classic these days), and it's honestly not better than GKMC. A fantastic effort though
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    "The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum" masta killa

So you're implying that I'm dumb because I have a different opinion than you? Well that's very mature. Sorry bruh, but the album ain't a classic and GKMC was better to me *shrugs*.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

This why I say its classic

People are reciting his lyrics godammit

Whoever truly dislikes truly has problem

What's funnier is that in the first 20 pages of this thread there GOAT trains for as long as they can go with ? bigging up the album. Then in the last 20 pages ? switch blade just to be different SMMFH. Goes to show you who really listens and supports rap versus those who just skim through it and want a cool beat with nothing in the lyrics.

? wanted a mainstream rapper to drop an album like this for over 20 years and when one actually does they feel uncomfortable. It reminds me of when Obama was running for President and actually won and the day after you had ? who were proud and then you had ? ass ? who were so used to being mentally enslaved they didn't know it was possible to simply take the shackles off LOLOLOLOL. I think TPAB is a classic. There's no other album that spoke to the current times and plights facing Black America the way that album did.

I said the album was trash from the beginning. Cant lie,a couple tracks grew on me but this ? still a 5/10 at best

This why I don't ? y'all ? man. Trash? I mean I would be ok if y'all said its ok but trash? ? u think drake putting out better music?

Smh I swear y'all ? be wilin

Nah drakes last album/mixtape was trash 2. ? u talkingbout
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    it only dumbs down or influences the easily influenced. that to me says that maybe they werent as bright as they thought to begin with. u can let these movies influence u and forget to blame it, let the music influence u and blame it overboard, or just see it and enjoy it for what it is. i choose the latter. i can see if u listen to those artists and relate to the struggle cuz ur in the lifestyle or been there, long as u can distinguish that just cuz these ? are tellin they stories/living they life dont mean they glorifying or telling others to do so. and u can say "oh but they influencing the kids" last time i checked there was a parental advisory sticker. they shouldnt be hearing that ? anyway. thats on the parents imo. i cant respect the mind of anyone who would listen to future or gucci and let that make them wanna get strung out or trap and i think its silly for ? to think thats what the fans of them ? only wanna do. i think its silly to think ? got in a fight and while they sittin in jail they talm bout "damn lil jon made me spend a night in jail" naw ? ? . u had that liquor in u n got crunk to lil jon he aint make you lose control of yourself and swing on nobody. u can enjoy that ? with out being stupid, i was in the club when three 6 n yo gotti was still hot so i know this for a fact lmao. i know people that have graduated college and have become successful in life that listened to all that ignant ? in the clubs wit me, and even now listen to even more crazy ? that i find trash like young thug, father or i love makkonen lol. i might not like n might question they music choice, but i couldnt question anyone personality cuz they find something catchy. and i agree in a way, music does play a key factor. ? might wanna nod they head to motivation beat, but when tip come on then thats a hustlaz anthem cuz of the words he laid down, thats a story of fighting against the odds n i don seen people recite that ? in the club. put some dope bars like swimming pools over a dope beat and there u go, it "bangs in the whip" just as much as the ? yall think aint talm bout ? . ? can have a message but some ? might just not think the music is up to par, at that point imo your message becomes "cool story bro"

end titangraph.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    So because i think the kendrick album is trash i automatically only care about beats? U ? need 2 get out ur feelings
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whats wrong with thinking drake puts out better music tho, ? would be lame if everyone thought the same

Im just saying that y'all knew the message k dot was trying make for this album

And fact that y'all called it trash is alarming.

I'm not saying you have to like tho.

So people I know said was ok and they appreciated what k dot did, but to say this kinda album is trash is verity disrespectful.

You had to be hard headed not understand what k dot is try to portray.

Has nothing to do with the message cuz I listen to dead prez...I love that message. Kendrck just aint deliver it well

And I was probably a K. Dot fan before all yall ? .

Take off them fake kufis, you're not revolutionaries just because you consider this album a classic.

I listened to this album with no distractions with my headphones on, straight through 3 separate times. I caught every word and every concept. Nothing went over my head,I just thought ? was garbage

@Sion
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    btw, on the IC I'm Mr. Consistent. I been saying ? this album from the jump. My opinion remains the same as it was when this ? 1st dropped. I aint on no "wanna be different ass ? "

I got hella flags, nosigns and wacks for my opinion of how wack this album is. You can look in this very thread and see for yourself

• matt mane
    matt mane Members Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Options
    kendrick aint pac
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album still firee
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmaoooo at Kam crying these last 2 pages. Pretty sure one of these folks said they haven't listened to this album. Yet she has such an extensive opinion
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going try this album again but I tried to sit through it multiple times after it came out and I didn't think it was a bad album, just boring...idc that there's a message, I respect it but that don't mean the music is automatically good or we should appreciate it just cause

I know ? got their own opinions but I don't believe you if you say this album was better than GKMC

All that "you gotta listen deeper", "pay attention to the lyrics" stuff is ?

I know what the ? I hear
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like TPAB a lot as evidenced from my early posts in this thread, but like others here...........I like GKMC more.

By the way, has this album even reached platinum status yet?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No it hasn't. Either the label or iTunes butchered its initial release which ultimately sabotaged its sales
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

This why I say its classic

People are reciting his lyrics godammit

LOL....I find your post to be funny because you refused to apply these same standards to Drake's 'Back To Back' diss song when people showed videos of "people reciting Drake's lyrics".
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    I'm going try this album again but I tried to sit through it multiple times after it came out and I didn't think it was a bad album, just boring...idc that there's a message, I respect it but that don't mean the music is automatically good or we should appreciate it just cause

I know ? got their own opinions but I don't believe you if you say this album was better than GKMC

All that "you gotta listen deeper", "pay attention to the lyrics" stuff is ?

I know what the ? I hear

^^ Said everything I've been thinking since hearing the album in March.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This album is not a classic(folks call EVERYTHING a classic these days), and it's honestly not better than GKMC. A fantastic effort though

So you're implying that I'm dumb because I have a different opinion than you? Well that's very mature. Sorry bruh, but the album ain't a classic and GKMC was better to me *shrugs*.

You can like one over the other but it doesn't give you the right to say one isn't classic or musically superior because you liked the beats or music better. I liked IWW better than Illmatic musically but that doesn't mean it's a better album than Illmatic.

but if u like one over the other that means the one u like more is musically superior to YOU. if i liked iww more than illmatic musically thats basically me sayin i think its a better album. if not i might as well say i think illmatic better and not even factor in what i like which makes no sense. like whats the point of even listening then lol, at least thats how i look at it.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Lmao at classic........ That ? is/was trash same for DS2

Let the feelings commence

listen, Brother Cain...
    Kdot is good for this generation.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album still gets heavy play on my phone.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can like one over the other but it doesn't give you the right to say one isn't classic or musically superior because you liked the beats or music better. I liked IWW better than Illmatic musically but that doesn't mean it's a better album than Illmatic.

IWW>Illmatic.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Solid 4 mics to gkmc 5 mics
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Best album of 2015.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    It'll be looked at better as a great album years down the road to the general public. It reminds me of another follow up album to a universally great/classic album & had a lot to live up to... It Was Written. Not at ALL saying they are alike beyond that so don't ? go crazy. But IWW is like TPAB in a away that I've seen people either really like it, or really think its disappointing when it first came out.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Know what would be good for this generation?

Men and women being responsible adults to their children instead of letting music lead the way.
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if we'll ever get those Bonus tracks