The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chino has one foot out of the door..

This sucks be i just want to see 2 more fights..

I dont want him to come back in two years.. if this is it let it be it.
    "Al Chino hay que dejarlo tranquilo, que haga lo que tenga ganas. Tiene chapa de sobra para tomar la decisión que quiera. Entiendo que algunos periodistas se desesperen por querer tener la primicia de si el 'Chino' sigue o se retira. Pero, como él mismo lo dijo 20 veces en los últimos meses, por ahora está tranquilo como está".

"Ni se retiró ni está para anunciar ninguna pelea. Nadie lo presiona, como dijo algún malintencionado. Nosotros acompañaremos su decisión cuando llegue el momento. Si quiere seguir, tiene grandes oportunidades por delante. Si quiere colgar los guantes, estará en todo su derecho, por todo lo que le dio al Boxeo Argentino".

Comentó en exclusiva para Boxeo de Campeones, el Periodista y Asesor de Marcos René Maidana y de todo el #TeamMaidana en Estados Unidos, Sebastian Contursi.

Lost alot of weight

[img]https://scontent-lga3-1.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/v/t1.0-9/12193344_1055890827808144_5942116196443422720_n.jpg?oh=27fae180f1b9ff0f1154aa4060055f40&oe=56B71CCF[/img]

Wait what?

Mayweather put a couple of careers on hold, if this is it for Chino, that sucks but once you win the Mayweather sweepstakes you lose hunger aside for Saul and Miguel
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    DWO wrote: »
    ? talking Tyson??

Put it like this... The world was robbed of the REAL Tyson.... If they had kept Rooney with Tyson till he was about 25-27 the argument of Tyson being the greatest of all time would be unanimous.....

The FACT that they TOOK Rooney from Tyson at 21 and we still discussing him with the all time greats is evident enough...

Don king robbed the boxing world of possibly the best gift we ever had

Yea and the government only took three prime years from Ali and he still won the title so miss me with that would of could of ? Tyson was overrated

Bruh, Ali was like 25 when he was stripped, if Tyson was 25 when he lost Rooney, this whole conversation would be different
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Damn. This fight gettin good
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clean
    Sharp

performance from Charlo
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? talking Tyson??

Put it like this... The world was robbed of the REAL Tyson.... If they had kept Rooney with Tyson till he was about 25-27 the argument of Tyson being the greatest of all time would be unanimous.....

The FACT that they TOOK Rooney from Tyson at 21 and we still discussing him with the all time greats is evident enough...

Yea and the government only took three prime years from Ali and he still won the title so miss me with that would of could of ? Tyson was overrated

Bruh, Ali was like 25 when he was stripped, if Tyson was 25 when he lost Rooney, this whole conversation would be different

I gotta disagree,Tyson is what his career says he is, he beat a bunch of bums and tomato cans most people can't even name six fighters he beat without asking Siri
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread aint poppin tonight LOL
  • Dupac
    Options
    ? talking Tyson??

I gotta disagree,Tyson is what his career says he is, he beat a bunch of bums and tomato cans most people can't even name six fighters he beat without asking Siri

I think you just got it fixed in your mind that you don't want to give dude any credit...

You are completely disregarding the importance of a good corner.... with a young fighter the right corner is everything... We're not talking a vet in the game we're talking a 21 year old champion who only knew those folk who started him off...

Also you're completely disregarding how young 21 is in regards to greatness and an entire career... Name one fighter who was already being considered a great with no rival at 21...

When he beat spinks who was an undefeated champion, he didn't just put point him, he mowed through an undefeated champion like he was nothing...

I mean no diss, you're just a internet poster, but boxing historians the world over, and countless authority's consider 21 year old Tyson one of the greatest of all time... You can down play it all you want...

But it's a fact his corner was stripped from him at 21,.....21.....I promise you that corner stays with him for 4 more years, he only improves, and that's simply off of how he began to decline as soon as he lost Rooney
  • ghostdog56
    Options
    ? talking Tyson??

I think you just got it fixed in your mind that you don't want to give dude any credit...

You are completely disregarding the importance of a good corner.... with a young fighter the right corner is everything... We're not talking a vet in the game we're talking a 21 year old champion who only knew those folk who started him off...

Also you're completely disregarding how young 21 is in regards to greatness and an entire career... Name one fighter who was already being considered a great with no rival at 21...

When he beat spinks who was an undefeated champion, he didn't just put point him, he mowed through an undefeated champion like he was nothing...

I mean no diss, you're just a internet poster, but boxing historians the world over, and countless authority's consider 21 year old Tyson one of the greatest of all time... You can down play it all you want...

But it's a fact his corner was stripped from him at 21,.....21.....I promise you that corner stays with him for 4 more years, he only improves, and that's simply off of how he began to decline as soon as he lost Rooney

If that's the case I can say that if Ali wouldn't have lost all those years he would have went undefeated. Tyson was a head case, whose to say that he still wouldn't have made the same decisions regardless of his corner, I'm comparing their two careers by what did happen because nobody knows for sure what would have happened

• Dupac
    Options
    Bruh, Ali took his departure at 25, and when he came back he STILL had Dundee, I don't know how more clear of a picture I can paint here...

Why do you say Tyson is a head case???

From ? he did AFTER he lost his corner.... The ? was adopted by his trainers... ? d'amato, atlas, Rooney, he lived at their houses..

This dude was 21, and suddenly the most recognizable person in the world, and instead of keeping him grounded, they immediately fired the ONLY people in his ENTIRE CIRCLE who were there since he was nothing....

Bruh, there's no way to underplay that.... He came up around old school gym rats who believed in curfews and allowances,... don king was like, ? them ? you old enough, it's ask about ? , fast cars, money, and drugs,.....

And since they removed the ONLY people in his life who gave a ? , it was inevitable that he started to decline in the ring...

This ? is common sense, the dude clearly shows mad wisdom and intelligence today, so he's not the ? and wreckless. monster the media portrays, he was a 21 year old millionaire with no mentors, advisors, or real friends to help keep him focused...

If you think Ali would be Ali had Dundee left him at 21 and let him fend for himself in a world of vultures, you tripping
  • Dupac
    Options
    Look at Floyd, you really think he would be this great if he didn't grow up in a FAMILY of pro boxers ??

Look how long Roach been with many,

Stewart with. Lennox,

Bruh the corner makes a large impact
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Dupac
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    @DWO talking that ?

Bruh, when people minimalize what Tyson was, it bothers me...

? act like if they was 21 with no guidance, or positive figures in their life they'd remarkably show mad maturity and decision making skills....

At 21 ? act a damn fool, especially if they ain't got nobody to tell them to chill.... And that's just regular ? , not multi million dollar A celebrities...

I ain't saying he didn't ? up, even be recognizes he ? up, all I'm saying is he never achieved his full potential.... Dude prolly peaked at 65%, and that's still enough to consider him hof all time ranked.... Imagine if Rooney had stayed till he was 25 or even 30..…

We're easily talking the greatest of all time with no disputes
  • ghostdog56
    Options
    Bruh, Ali took his departure at 25, and when he came back he STILL had Dundee, I don't know how more clear of a picture I can paint here...

Why do you say Tyson is a head case???

From ? he did AFTER he lost his corner.... The ? was adopted by his trainers... ? d'amato, atlas, Rooney, he lived at their houses..

This dude was 21, and suddenly the most recognizable person in the world, and instead of keeping him grounded, they immediately fired the ONLY people in his ENTIRE CIRCLE who were there since he was nothing....

Bruh, there's no way to underplay that.... He came up around old school gym rats who believed in curfews and allowances,... don king was like, ? them ? you old enough, it's ask about ? , fast cars, money, and drugs,.....

And since they removed the ONLY people in his life who gave a ? , it was inevitable that he started to decline in the ring...

This ? is common sense, the dude clearly shows mad wisdom and intelligence today, so he's not the ? and wreckless. monster the media portrays, he was a 21 year old millionaire with no mentors, advisors, or real friends to help keep him focused...

If you think Ali would be Ali had Dundee left him at 21 and let him fend for himself in a world of vultures, you tripping

You acting like he started to lose a bunch of fights when he lost his corner,he was still knocking ? out so it must not have effected him as much as you are claiming. Ali was shut out of boxing for three years and still did his thing THREE YEARS ? without fighting and you using his corner leaving as an excuse even though like I said he was still knocking ? out when they left until he came up against the real comp of his era Holyfield and Lewis

• Dupac
    Options
    Bruh, how much boxing do you watch?

After Rooney left, Tyson started gassing..... hard

He almost abandoned combos and body work, and was only head hunting,

His training camps were significantly shorter, and much less dedicated...

Dude would be seen out partying like a week before a fight, something unheard if you take training seriously...

It was a joke... For the buster Douglas fight, dude showed up the week of the fight, TO JAPAN!!! and even admitted he never even trained for it... He was just showing up and hoped for the best....

That's not gonna cut it... Obviously....

The last time the world saw a focused properly rooney trained Tyson was the spinks fight... And he was as I've been saying over and over again, only 21...

Look at box rec, EVERYTHING after the spinks fight was a constant decline.. Do your own research on this. Stop relying on your biased memory, cuz you got your opinion fixed, and you're ignoring facts

I've done the research.. I've watched the fights, I've noticed the immediate and obvious changes in dudes whole entire ring presence...

The beauty of this though, is that you don't have to take my word for it, which you obviously don' . But you can absolutely use the internet and research it for yourself...

The ? is painfully obvious bruh, he wasn't the same fighter when they cut his trainer
  • Dupac
    Options
    Holyfield just said recently in a documentary when he first met Tyson, his gym regime humbled him....

But again that was Tyson when he was a teen, and still with his original training team.., by the time they fought he was nothing like that fighter any more, even further gone by the time he fought Lewis..

I'm telling you he fell off at 21, this dude was in his 30's when he fought holyfield and Lewis, he was an utter shell and was only doing it for the money at that point
  • ghostdog56
    Options
    Bruh, how much boxing do you watch?

After Rooney left, Tyson started gassing..... hard

He almost abandoned combos and body work, and was only head hunting,

His training camps were significantly shorter, and much less dedicated...

Dude would be seen out partying like a week before a fight, something unheard if you take training seriously...

It was a joke... For the buster Douglas fight, dude showed up the week of the fight, TO JAPAN!!! and even admitted he never even trained for it... He was just showing up and hoped for the best....

That's not gonna cut it... Obviously....

The last time the world saw a focused properly rooney trained Tyson was the spinks fight... And he was as I've been saying over and over again, only 21...

Look at box rec, EVERYTHING after the spinks fight was a constant decline.. Do your own research on this. Stop relying on your biased memory, cuz you got your opinion fixed, and you're ignoring facts

I've done the research.. I've watched the fights, I've noticed the immediate and obvious changes in dudes whole entire ring presence...

The beauty of this though, is that you don't have to take my word for it, which you obviously don' . But you can absolutely use the internet and research it for yourself...

The ? is painfully obvious bruh, he wasn't the same fighter when they cut his trainer

Once again after Rooney left he was still knocking ? out unless you admitting that he was just fighting bums after he left if he needed all those people watching over him 24/7 just to make sure he didn't ? up then he was bound to fall off regardless, that just means he was never mentally strong enough to be great you think Angelo Dundee had to give Ali a curfew? It seems like Tyson needed a daddy more than a trainer and if his prime was only until 21 then you must be smoking to even put him in the same sentence as Ali. The ? is what his career showed a good fighter but not a great one. In your mind you must think you can take anybody off the street give him the greatest trainer and he will be the champ boxing ain't just the physical it's also the mental.
  • ghostdog56
    Options
    And I seen a Friday night fights after Tyson got inducted into the hall of fame even the great trainer you keep bringing up Teddy atlas, said he don't belong there
  • Dupac
    Options
    Tyson was essentially an orphan off the streets bruh, his trainers were his family... And atlas pulled aa gun on Tyson for sneaking in his daughter room when he was living with him, they just squashed it this year.

And as far as knocking ? out , her still had inhuman speed and power, that will get you past a lot of guys, but he was gassing bad from 0 conditioning, buster Douglas was not championship material, he just had enough to get past the early aggression , and picked apart a gassed and poorly prepared fighter...

I'm done with this, you've gotten a lesson in this thread. Even if you never admit it here, there were too many facts and strong enough perspective for you ever to look at his career the same... Especially if you ever decide to go fact checking
  • ghostdog56
    Options
    Tyson was essentially an orphan off the streets bruh, his trainers were his family... And atlas pulled aa gun on Tyson for sneaking in his daughter room when he was living with him, they just squashed it this year.

And as far as knocking ? out , her still had inhuman speed and power, that will get you past a lot of guys, but he was gassing bad from 0 conditioning, buster Douglas was not championship material, he just had enough to get past the early aggression , and picked apart a gassed and poorly prepared fighter...

I'm done with this, you've gotten a lesson in this thread. Even if you never admit it here, there were too many facts and strong enough perspective for you ever to look at his career the same... Especially if you ever decide to go fact checking

What facts have you given,everything you said was if Tyson would of had this trainer or that trainer. You act like he is the first fighter to switch trainers, and the reason he was gassed is because he was too mentally weak to be a great fighter, but we can end this argument,but I will give my parting shots.
    Tyson never beat anybody worth mentioning, he lacked the mental abilities to be a great fighter, you don't know ? about boxing, and a 300 ain't no Bentley,a apartment ain't no house and a Geneva ain't no Rolex , step your money game up ? I'm out!
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-floyd-mayweather-jr-now-champion-emeritus--97640
    WBC: Floyd Mayweather Jr. is Now Champion Emeritus - Boxing News

By Miguel Rivera

The World Boxing Council has finally issued a ruling on Floyd Mayweather Jr. (49-0, 26KOs), who holds the WBC championship at welterweight and junior middleweight.

Mayweather has been given the status of WBC Champion Emeritus.

The announcement was made by WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman at the sanctioning organization's 53rd annual convention in Kunming, China.

Mayweather retired from boxing on September 12th, after winning a twelve round unanimous decision over Andre Berto at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

The status of Champion Emeritus grants Mayweather the ability to get an immediate title shot at the current WBC titleholder at 147 or 154.

The exact situation related to Mayweather's old titles at 147 and 154 has not been disclosed at the moment. The sanctioning body is expected to order the two highest available contenders in each division to fight each other for the vacant belts.

Unified middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin was present at the ceremony and gave some choice words with praise for the WBC.

Sulaiman also took the opportunity to deliver some awards, including the "Lifetime Achievement Award" to Mayweather for capturing WBC world titles in five different weight divisions.
  • Dupac
    Options
    Trevor berbic was a two time world champion when mike beat him

Tony Tucker was an undefeated world champion when Tyson beat him

Larry homes wasn't flabby and sick when Tyson beat him, he was a two time world champion who also beat an aging Ali into retirement

And of course the undefeated spinks who previously beat Holmes for his title

And he beat every number one contender to his title under rooney..

In the first fight without Rooney Mike was wobbled in the first round

His first loss was 3 fights after Rooney was fired....

All facts.. Take your feelings out, you were simply shut down for having a biased opinion.. Box rec is a wonderful tool, so is YouTube
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im mad we havent had a proper Mike Tyson Sports Science episode..

I googled/youtubed and they had somebullshit segement about the Bite.. smh
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trevor berbic was a two time world champion when mike beat him

Tony Tucker was an undefeated world champion when Tyson beat him

Larry homes wasn't flabby and sick when Tyson beat him, he was a two time world champion who also beat an aging Ali into retirement

And of course the undefeated spinks who previously beat Holmes for his title

And he beat every number one contender to his title under rooney..

In the first fight without Rooney Mike was wobbled in the first round

His first loss was 3 fights after Rooney was fired....

All facts.. Take your feelings out, you were simply shut down for having a biased opinion.. Box rec is a wonderful tool, so is YouTube

@DWO I'm with you on this crusade of dude basically calling Tyson a ? . The bold though!? Yes Holmes was flabby and sick when that ? happened. Tyson did to Holmes what Holmes did to Ali which was take old alpha male out to pasture and put him out of his misery.

Do you eat at Jimmy's famous seafood on Holabird ave?
  • Dupac
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Naw never been there, is it any good?

Yea, but Holmes is still a creditable win considering how young he was,

I truly think both Holmes and Spinks considered Tyson a young punk who they would take to school before the fight.. Both dudes were vet champs who had seen strong and fast fighters before, they prolly thought he was a hype machine, so I consider them good fights